• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Ask Namco. It's their game, not Nintendo's.

As for my own guess; there never was any Dark Souls 2/3 port on Switch.

I would ask them if I could.

But then again, this Namco. I have zero trust in them and you might be right, DS2 might have never existed. Tales of Arise isn't coming to Switch after Vesperia, Kakarot isn't coming after DBFZ, I wouldn't be surprised if there is no DS2 at all.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo should remake Yoshi's Island and Super Mario World. Don't bother making new 2D games in those series either.

Jul 18, 2018
North Carolina
Super Metroid is my #2 of all time, and as a huge fan I personally don't think it needs a remake. But I don't think a remake would be a bad thing for 2 reasons:

1.The original is available on the SNES, Switch, SNES Classic, N3DS, Wii, and Wii U. A remake wouldn't undo that and I'll still have my pixel perfect 1994 game.

2. Since it's such a well designed game, adding new HD art style and $60 price tag is fairly safe, easy money for Nintendo.

If Nintendo is wondering if there's a market for 2D Metroid on the Switch, a Super Metroid remake has the best chance of proving that. It's relatively low risk, but if doesn't sell well, then there's not really a market for $60 2D Metroid games.

So in short, if an SM remake keeps the franchise strong, fine. I think that it makes sense for their business, even if I don't think the game needs remaking.

Last edited:

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Kevin360 Muzy
If nobody's called dibs on making one, I'll do it! I'll even update the OP every single morning with a "days since last Direct" counter.
You're good to make one! Too much responsibility for me to keep up with an OT. Haha.

Edit: Also, Muzy private messaged me back in the day to make OT2. I don't think anyone's feeling will be hurt if you make OT3.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Will this thread be closed automatically at 20k? Or will a mod step in and take care of it?

edit: I've PM'd Muzy

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I'd like everyone's opinion on this matter: when should I just go ahead and make the new thread without having gotten direct consent from Muzy? I've PM'd and notified them.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
You genuinely believe Metroid Prime Trilogy will come out before 2D Metroid? You don't think 2D Metroid would be a 2020 game and MPT would be a 2021 game so it's a little closer to MP4?
There's a chance both could hit in the same year, knowing Nintendo - they did just push NMSBUDX and Mario Maker 2 in less than 6 months.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like everyone's opinion on this matter: when should I just go ahead and make the new thread without having gotten direct consent from Muzy? I've PM'd and notified them.

I don't think Muzy will care if you make a new thread on your own, but I'm not Muzy, so I must maintain at least some level of uncertainty.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
So is January when we should expect a new direct? I'm looking forward to Xenoblade Definitive Edition and Animal Crossing New Horizons. Any rumors or leaks recently?

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We have literally had only two directs this whole OT lol

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
IIRC Muzy needs to request the thread closed, right?

lol I have the 15th as a pie-in-the-sky suggestion in my OT3 draft
The 15th is the most optimal date.

As I've said before in the past 5 years NO general Nintendo Direct happens in the second half of a month. 5 straight years of Nintendo Directs and none has even been later than the 14th of a month. The 15th is a Wednesday and 16th is a Thursday. Thursday is over half the month, but since they do Directs on Wednesday or Thursday I figured it'd be fine. The 8th or 9th could possibly work. It is CES week so they don't do general directs during that time, but they did do the Mini January 2018 Direct then.

www.nintendo.com

Nintendo Direct - Archive - Nintendo Official Site

The online home for exclusive Nintendo news — broadcast directly to you, the player.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
omg page 400! it's been fun.
still tho, it's kinda sad how this thread has kinda killed the 1st party thread.
in theory the 1st party thread would discuss production teams and directors, and producers and such, while the Direct thread would strictly focus on the marketing side. In other words, the 1st party thread would speculate on what games are going to get made, while the Direct thread would speculate on when and how we'll find out about them. Unfortunately, that line is quite vague.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This was the best Nintendo Direct Speculation topic so far because we had very good directs during this time period.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
There's no longer a hard post limit, right? There's a little overhead before a mod steps in or sommit?

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Many memories shared in this thread. They'll be preserved in the information black hole that is the Internet Archive.

Status
Not open for further replies.