• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
The people that say "Banjo won't be in Smash because he's not relevant anymore" is wrong, the people that begged for Ridley for so long should understand us.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Yea but King Zell isn't dropping hints. This was all set off by gamingintel.

I feel like gaming Intel just jumped in the middle of it. The speculation thread has been active for a while but really picked up on Best Buy day.

Heck, even that guy in here who said he knows and now won't talk anymore posted that the direct would be on the 11th days before gaming Intel.

Billdrew

Apr 8, 2019
How are people feeling about the Best Buy leak? Do you think all 3 listings are legitimate? Could it point to announcements soon?

sammkoo

Mar 2, 2019
No. You can get banned only if you leak and when a moderator contacts you about it, you can't prove that you could have had access to the information you leaked.
Yup, but still I think it is kind of strict, sure leaks should have proof, but if I just say what I heard and automatically I'm getting message that I need to proof or their team will be forced to do something with my account, totally out of way in my opinion

Oct 25, 2017
So, is there any legitimate reason to be excited now?
giphy.gif

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Is there a Runor for this? But my other Question is, Who wants this on Switch?

I understand why people would want this, made by Rare and it's a game that thrives on more player activity which is something Microsoft wants.

As for rumours, I never heard anything. Only about Rare Reply.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
How are people feeling about the Best Buy leak? Do you think all 3 listings are legitimate? Could it point to announcements soon?

Persona 5 and MPT have already been hinted or leaked by others, Best Buy just confirmed their existence.

ALttP should be something else, the name could be a placeholder. Maybe a Zelda Collection?

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not? I was responding to your comment where it seemed like you were implying there was credible evidence for a Direct this week.
You have taken me too seriously, it was a subtle joke to the coincidence that has happened last few times, folks have came and said a Direct wouldn't happen, then it has happened shortly.

JustALurker

Feb 12, 2019
Persona 5 and MPT have already been hinted or leaked by others, Best Buy just confirmed their existence.

ALttP should be something else, the name could be a placeholder. Maybe a Zelda Collection?
Regarding the Best Buy leak, are we sure it's a leak or just Best Buy acting upon rumours to be ahead of the crowd if they turn out to be real?

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Independent ones? Avalanche maybe. They're finishing up Rage 2.

Avalanche. Bond. Semi-open world. Vehicle action. Now that's a recipe that sounds delicious.

Nintendo really should grab the license. They're already licensed game business with Marvel UA3, if they want to continue with franchises that actually matter, Bond should be next step.

Regarding the Best Buy leak, are we sure it's a leak or just Best Buy acting upon rumours to be ahead of the crowd if they turn out to be real?

Someone explained in its thread, Best Buy only put up placeholders under Nintendo's directions.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
The NYC store being closed is actually an argument against a Direct. Have you seen the crowd in those reaction videos? That store is wide open on Direct day.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
Next direct will probably be short imo. It would have Joker in Smash and some updates on games already announced. Hopefully P5S is in there too.

TbH I'm oke with a Nintendo Direct Mini, I really want to know when Cadence of Hyruele get Released and all Infos about Joker and Smash 3.0, for everything else i can wait till E3 2019.

Kass15

Jan 14, 2018
I'm not concerned about new announcements. I just want to see Reggie pass the torch to Doug. I think that needs to be done in a direct.

Jan 20, 2019
Madness must have some modicum of reasoning, you know?

This is the sort of content I come to ERA for.

Doesn't hurt that the queue for the Hype Train is starting to line up, though. Anyone have a schedule? I need to arrive by Reggie's departure party, and I don't want to miss my connections at Hope and Delusion.

We come for the leaks, and stay for the memes.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
I'm sure Best Buy employees put in all those Switch games because they heard rumors online lol. That sounds like a business practice that would be cool to do. And Link to the Past was supposed to be Cadence of Hyrule but they did a typo (if you look at your keyboard long enough you'll see why this is likely).

Also, the Joker render wasn't actually from Nintendo. A cashier probably made that during their downtime.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
My predictions:
It's not as big as a normal direct, but not as small as a direct mini (like 20-23 minutes)

- Pokemon Sword/Shield trailer, legendaries + boxart revealed
- Ori and Ori 2 for Switch, Ori 2 is day and date with Xbox version
- Fallout 4 for Switch (By Iron Galaxy), this fall
- GTA V for Switch, this fall
- Daemon X Machina trailer, release date
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, new trailer (character reveal), release date
- montage going over upcoming games (Mortal Kombat, FFX, FFXII, Hellblade, GRID, Boxboy, Cuphead etc, etc)
- Astral Chain and Fire Emblem trailers
- Couple Japanese game trailers
- Super Mario Party free/paid DLC (finally)
- Mario Tennis Aces final free DLC,
- Super Mario Maker 2, trailer (new style revealed, release date)
- Smash 3.0 rundown, Joker release date, Challenger #2 revealed, Dragon Quest dude.
- Carries into DQXI release date for Switch
What's NOT gonna be here:
- Animal Crossing (saved for E3)
- Luigi's Mansion (saved for E3)
- Bayonetta 3
- Ridge Racer 8
- Metroid Prime 4
- Retro's other game besides Prime 4
- Link's Awakening
- Breath of the Wild successor
- Metroid Prime Trilogy

Last edited: