• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2017
Buying:
- BoxBoy + BoxGirl
- Super Mario Maker 2
- Astral Chain
- Animal Crossing
- Link's Awakening
- Fire Emblem Three Houses
- Pokemon Sword/Shield

Maybe:
- Luigi's Mansion 3

Not Interested:
- Cadence of Hyrule
- Dragon Quest Builders 2
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
- Daemon X Machina
- Dragon Quest XI S

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
Day one buy:

BoxBoy + BoxGirl
Cadence of Hyrule
Super Mario Maker 2
Fire Emblem Three Houses
-Pokemon Sword/Shield
-Luigi's Mansion 3
Animal Crossing
-Link's Awakening
Astral Chain

Maybe:
- Daemon X Machina
- Dragon Quest XI S

Pass:

RIP my wallet.

Lemrik

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Buying:
- Super Mario Maker 2
- Animal Crossing
- Link's Awakening
- Pokemon Sword/Shield

Maybe:
- Luigi's Mansion 3
- Dragon Quest XI S

Not Interested:
- Cadence of Hyrule
- Daemon X Machina
- BoxBoy + BoxGirl
- Astral Chain

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Astral Chain is the big boy as far as I'm concerned. Nintendo giving cash to Platinum to fund games makes me very happy. Next Vanquish 2.

I think that Link's Awakening is already a slight disappointment, for me at least. It seems like a 1:1 remake with a very debatable art style, and to be honest, I would have liked them to bring a new game instead. I'll buy it, but I can't shake the feeling that I would have preferred something new.

Mario Maker is a sure buy for me. So is Fire Emblem and probably Luigi. I may also buy DQXI, though I haven't played a JRPG in years.

The DxM demo was really bad and I now fully expect that game to fail both critically and commercially.
Animal Crossing, Pokemon and all that stuff ain't for me.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Don't think we're getting anything until next week, and it'll be a Smash Mini Direct to coincide near the Persona concert because the supposed female Joker. My best bet anyway

I could see this being the case. The only issue is they'll want to give people some form of advance word for their replays.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Sure I'll do this I guess

Definite buy:
ASTRAL CHAIN
Link's Awakening
Animal Crossing
Pokemon Sword/Shield

Big maybe:
Super Mario Maker 2
Luigi's Mansion 3
Cadence of Hyrule

Not interested/not for me:
The rest

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I think they usually give at least a week's notice for a Smash update right? So it would make sense to at the very least get a trailer for the new smash update and Joker this week, if nothing else.

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade Chronicles X2: 100/10
Xenoblade Chronicles 3: 100/10
3D Zelda: 100/10
Donkey Kong 128: 100/10
Perfect Dark 2: 100/10
Super Mario Sunshine 2: 100/10

PrincessZelda

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Definite Buy:

SMM2
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Cadence of Hyrule
Animal Crossing
Link's Awakening
Luigi's Mansion
DQXI

Maybe:

Astral Chain
Oninaki

Nope:

Daemon X Machina
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Animal Crossing: meh, im way more hyped for RF5 AC its just too boring/not my type of game when i played it on DS and GC
Pokemon:6/10 actually looks fairly fun, i haven't played Pokemon since the DS games but this one looks very good to me, but i didn't like the demos of lets go and moon
Daemon X Machina: we don't need this when we have Astral Chains
Marvel 3: really, really ugly artstyle im more hyped for the Platinum games.
Fire Emblem : 7/10 loved Awakening and Echoes, this one looked off since the first showing imo, but that could change close to launch i can't wait to read impressions
Astral Chain: 9/10 looks like it could be PG next amazing game, combat looks fun , artstyle is a bit drab
Luigis Mansion 6/10 im sure it will be a great game but i don't like LM gameplay
Zelda: looks ok, but its not a new game and i don't think they will change that much from LA i played on GameBoy. Im not that interested in a 2d Zelda remake..

really hoping for a new Donkey Kong, Metroid 2D and Bayonetta at E3, otherwise surprise me like with AC

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Well, I'm excited and/or mildly interested in a bunch of stuff from Nintendo this year, but I'm only giving priority to Crash Team Racing this year; it's the only game I'll buy day-one. But from that list:

Astral Chain - Will buy out of curiosity down the road
Pokémon Sword/Shield - My boyfriend certainly will get one of these
Links Awakening - Well.. I want to try early entries first. The only Zelda I ever finished was BoTW and before diving in remakes, I want to experience the roots of the series
Luigi's Mansion 3 - I'm excited! Never played a Luigi's Mansion game before
Super Mario Maker 2 - 3D World style already sold me on it
Fire Emblem Three Houses - Not interested at all
Animal Crossing - Curious about it.. but also would be a first experience for me, so I'm not on rush
Ultimate Alliance 3 - I want to play! X-Men among the other Marvel characters makes me a very happy wolf!
Daemon X Machina - I don't know.. I barely understood the demo
BOXBOY+BOXGIRL - Didn't catch my attention
Dragon Quest XI S - A big maybe..
Cadence of Hyrule - Other of these that I could end buying out of curiosity

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It makes no sense to have a direct just to announce the mario maker 2 date and smash 3.0 details. Those can just be launched right to youtube/twitter

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Just made it to the office in my first day as president of Nintendo of America and looks like Reggie forgot Nintendo's upcoming schedule on his desk. I'm gonna share it with you guys.

- Smash Direct later this week
- E3 plans announcement next week with a focus on Animal Crossing
- Mario Kart Tour release date and trailer on that same day
- Switch Revision announcement on the first week of May
- Mario Maker 2 Direct on May 8, we needed to announce the revision first as the MM bundle will come with it, it's our biggest game till Pokemon and Animal Crossing

I'm not Bowser, I'm not that bald, these are obviously just guesses and I'm not so sure on the Smash Direct or the revision to be honest

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Thing is.. Can yall wait till E3?

No.

tumblr_nk2eduUEyI1si48w3o1_640.pnj

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
All right, let's do this hype check!

- Dragon Quest XI S - 10/10. My most anticipated game right now. I loved DQVIII and everything I've heard about this one is magical. Loving the additions they've made to the Switch version, really glad I waited for this.

- Pokemon Sword / Shield - 10/10. Pokemon is one of my favorite series, and this one looks like they're doing everything I want. Ultra Sun/Moon and the Let's Go games did nothing for me, so I skipped them, so it's been a while since I played Pokemon. Can't wait!

- Astral Chain - 9/10. This looks so cool, I'm really into this. I've never played a Platinum action game before (unless Okami counts?), having often been turned away by their art style or theming. Astral Chain, however, looks really cool to me. I'm also kind of intimidated by the gameplay in Platinum action games, but I'm going to give it a try.

- Fire Emblem Three Houses - 9/10. I've never played a Fire Emblem game but have wanted to try the series for a while, and this one looks good enough for me to jump in. I like what they've showed so far too, with respect to character customization and whatnot. The main thing that gives me pause is if the story ends up awful, like people told me Fates's was. So I'll wait for impressions on that, but otherwise, I'm all in.

- Cadence of Hyrule - 8/10. This game looks super interesting to me. I hesitate because the rhythm based gameplay sounds a little stressful to me, but I figure I might as well give it a try.

- Super Mario Maker 2 - 6/10. I'm not sure. I don't know if I want to build levels myself, but I like the idea of playing other people's levels. Undecided.

- Link's Awakening - 5/10. This game looks so cute, but if this is just a 1:1 remake of the original game, I don't feel much of a need to revisit it (especially if it's $60). If there's significant added content or a lower price, I might go for it.

- Animal Crossing - ?/10 - I liked Animal Crossing in the past, but if this is just another iteration, I don't really feel the need to play it again. Maybe if there are significant changes, I'll take a look. At the moment, however, we don't know anything about this game, so I can't say.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BoxBoy + BoxGirl - 10/10. Day 1. One of their best recent series and it's a shame people don't give the credit it deserves. We need more smaller Nintendo series.
Pokemon Sword/Shield - 10/10. It's Pokémon. lol
Mario Maker 2 - 10/10. My sister wants this a lot and I enjoyed the first one.
Astral Chain - 10/10. Gotta support Platinum and I love the designs.
Animal Crossing - 10/10. It's Animal Crossing. lol
Fire Emblem Three Houses - 10/10 if no mute MC, 0/10 if mute MC.
Daemon X Machina - 7/10. Bad release date, but I like it.
Dragon Quest XI S - 7/10. May play it, unsure when.
Luigi's Mansion 3 - 4/10. Didn't like 2 too much and I'm not sure it's a 2019 release.
Link's Awakening - 3/10. Probably won't buy. It looks the same as the original I already played.
Dragon Quest Builders 2 - 3/10. Probably won't play this year, but looks lovely.
Cadence of Hyrule - 0/10. Don't care.
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - 0/10. Why are they even using KT to publish this instead of a Fatal Frame.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
- BoxBoy + BoxGirl 7/10 Haven't played the series before. Willprobably try this one out.
- Cadence of Hyrule Can't give it a score right now. I need to see more
- Super Mario Maker 2 8/10 I liked the first one well enough but no one really liked my levels and people always made bullet hell levels, impossible levels, or auto levels.
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 0/10 Did not like the demo
- Fire Emblem Three Houses My first Fire Emblem game besides that one demo on the 3ds. Liked the demo but never bought it.
- Astral Chains 10/10 Probably my most anticipated title. Probably tied but I have some reservations about the other game that it may be tied with.
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 8/10 Love me some Marvel.
- Daemon X Machina 5/10 Demo didn't instill any hope but if they fix the problems maybe.
- Dragon Quest XI S 0/10 Got too many RPG's and not a fan of DQ
- Pokemon Sword/Shield 10/10 My other game I am the most hyped about but the last few games have me worried they'll drop the ball with this one. Expecting lackluster amount of Pokemon and variety.
- Luigi's Mansion 3 8/10 I liked the first two and hoping they improved on the formula
- Animal Crossing 5/10 but mostly because I had a dream that I was playing it and it was a very safe sequel that didn't improve much over New Leaf
- Link's Awakening 9/10 Love me some Zelda but the fact that it's a short game by Zelda standards has me a little bit less excited than I'd normally be.

Sal_S

Oct 30, 2017
Hamilton
Definitely getting:
- Cadence of Hyrule
- Mario Maker 2
- Link's Awakening
- Crash Racing

Likely, for different reasons:
- Luigi's Mansion 3 (need more info)
- Pokémon SS (same)
- Cuphead (waiting for retail release or a good sale)

Nah: the rest.

skysthelimit

Jan 16, 2019
Definitely buying
- Link's Awakening
- Luigi's Mansion 3

Maybe
- BoxBoy + BoxGirl
- Animal Crossing

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
Animal Crossing: 10/10 will buy
Pokémon Sword and Shield: 9/10 will buy
Fire Emblem Three Houses: 8/10 already preordered
Astral Chain: 7/10 Intrigued by the Stands, but I need more gameplay details
Dragon Quest IX S: 7/10 I want this. I hope it performs ok.
Super Mario Maker 2: 7/10 Nintendo needs to improve their online service before I consider buy it. I look forward to all the neat YouTube videos of the hard levels.
Luigi's Mansion 3: 3/10 This series does nothing for me.
Link's Awakening: 0/10 I played the GBC version not that long ago. I'm not paying $60 for a remake as faithful as we've seen.

Jan 20, 2019
Okay, I'll join in! I don't have a lot of time for gaming these days, so some things just have to get passed up for me.

Yes!
Astral Chain - I'm a big time Platinum fan, and this looks awesome. Will probably go in blind on this one.
Pokemon Sword/Shield - Probably won't grab it Day 1, but it'll be my first Pokemon game outside of Let's Go! since...Soul Silver? Oof, I feel old.
Daemon X Machina - Like most, the demo had me a little "Eh..." but hope the few kinks that deterred me are evened out. Frame rate/pacing aside, it looks great and if they take the time to polish more this could be a superb mecha game. Will wait for reviews and feedback though, just in case.

Maybe?
Animal Crossing - I somehow missed Animal Crossing when I was younger, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to love it as a fun and relaxed game.
Link's Awakening - This one very much comes down to how much it costs. I probably won't spend $60, but if it's $30-40 I am far more interested. I put in a lot of time with the Game Boy Color version, so I'm okay if I pass it up/wait until it's on sale.
Cadence of Hyrule - I've had a Rhythm Heaven itch, and Zelda should help scratch it just fine!

No...
Mario Maker 2 - Sorry Mario, your princess is busy playing other games and getting buried in school work.
Fire Emblem Three Houses - Haven't played FE, though I like a tactical based game. Maybe one day, not anytime soon.
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - Not a super hero/comics person but I'm sure lots of people are gonna love it.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Anyone who doesn't buy DxM and Astral Chain should just be banned from this thread altogether tbh.
Seconded, or thirded, or whatever!
honestly, if it's not a problem for nintendo and marvelous, they should delay DxM into 2020. i think with more time in the oven it can turn out to be something really special, plus this year is too crowded and it's one of the games that has a high chance of getting lost in the crowd.
After playing the demo, I think it needs some performance polish and better tutorials, but I'm okay with giving it more time for polish and TLC.
DxM was just kind of boring. Giant robots fighting has never been my thing.
And this is why you don't get the chicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.