• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT2| Reset the Thread

Dec 18, 2018
So...

TIME FOR THE SECOND WEEK OF AVATAR BETS

IF YOU BELIEVE IN ALL YOUR HEART THE NINTENDO DIRECT IS COMING THIS WEEK, REPLY TO THIS WITH A #TEAMTHISWEEK

IF YOU ARE TOO WEARY TO BELIEVE IN THIS, REPLY TO THIS WITH A #TEAMNOTTHISWEEK

#TEAMTHISWEEK

#TEAMNOTTHISWEEK

• OwOtacon*

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
We’ve been told that Nintendo had more in the plans for release this year than we know.

I trust those plans will be made known to us sooner that June, but I don’t know if they’ll manifest through a direct.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
I could totally see Nintendo revealing the the next Smash DLC character when they detail Joker, even if it's just so they can keep they can keep the advertising for the Fighter Pass fresh.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not expecting a General Direct with E3 right around the corner.

I am expecting a Direct dedicated to Smash Bros. soon because they teased the 3.0 Update back in February instead of revealing the information there.

Mekanos

Banned
Oct 17, 2018
“Hey Joker went viral after the VGA rewards, should we follow up with a trailer and explanation from Sakurai like always?”

“Nah, just drop that shit on Twitter. We gotta sell more Labos!”

Mekanos

Banned
Oct 17, 2018
Sakurai: I loved Persona 5 and gushed about it in Famitsu and was so excited about adding Joker I literally went to Atlus HQ and hugged Morgana. So I decided to not talk about the Smash update and just dump it on social media. (Laughs)

Jan 18, 2018
For me it's less that I absolutely don't think there will be a Smash Direct, it's that I won't find one worth watching. None of the stuff they have in the pipeline besides "Brave" (who is Erdrick) interests me.

I'd much rather have a regular Direct.

Dec 18, 2018
Just saying, if you put your bet where your mouth is then I'll be more likely to believe you

And that goes to both sides. I want to know who's on what team

#NintendoDirectCivilWar

Oct 27, 2017
Could an "out of nowhere" game announcement happen at a possible April direct? I'm guessing not first party but third party maybe? My guess would be Devil may Cry HD Collection for August release. From Namco we could get Code Vein announcement after God Eater 3. Code Vein is being delayed for undisclosed reason, maybe they're doing a Switch port?

Jan 10, 2018
Sydney, Australia
What do people think of the 8.0.0 update?
Took long enough for us to get sorting options, zooming is a neat accessibility feature (especially for a potential Switch Mini), transferring specific game saves to another system is cool, being able to dig up older news articles is neat and the Parental options for VR implies we might see a lot more use for it.

But they messed up by not adding a Poochy avatar, so the entire thing is a 0/10

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo dropping that VR mode for Botw and Odyssey same day as financial earnings. Furukawa will definitely talk about it and hint at more VR mode support coming, maybe.