• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If we don't get Persona 5 I'll gladly take Persona 3 + 4. I love both those games. Persona 4 was a GOTG type of game for me, but I still expect Persona 5 to come to Switch.

JackLinks

Banned
Mar 21, 2019
Joker dropping today instead of at the Persona Concert pretty much confirms to me Switch isn't getting Persona 5 ever.

It's atlus. Their only announced switch game is going to drop more than three years after the switch launches.

They gave the vita better, more timely and more consistent support than they will ever gave the switch

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
I dont see how that can be confirmation of anything, especially that Switch will never get Persona 5.

Concert is on 25. April right? Same week and day like Nintendo quarter results and investor meeting,
Nintendo doesnt release games, DLCs (or even rearly big game) news in same week with quarter results because they don't want that sells numbers overshadow their release.
Atlus would be the one releasing the news, not Nintendo. And in any case, Nintendo has had Directs the same week and even the same day as the investors meeting before, for example May 7, 2015 had both an investors meeting and a Splatoon Direct. October 27, 2016 had both an investors meeting and a Monster Hunter Direct. I doubt they'll announce anything next week apart from mobile games, E3 plans and probably the revisions but anything is possible if we look at NIntendo's past history.

donpiano

Nov 15, 2017
After the Joker Smash video I just can't imagine Persona 5 not coming to Switch. Way too much detail went into it. The win screen, complete soundtracks, the stage... Also no references to Persona Q, only to P5. My gut says the port announcement is only a matter of when, not if.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
This is such an insult to fans of Persona. Placing him in Smash without getting the game to the Switch is like saying here you have your waffle but you can't get the ice cream. Why even care then...
How is this an insult.
Persona fans would most likely have already played Persona.
Not many people buy games twice.
Joker in Smash is a get, not a given.
Getting another Handheld Persona would have been nice, but it's not like it doesnt still have a chance to come.
And if not atleast we got a character in Smash.
It's atlus. Their only announced switch game is going to drop more than three years after the switch launches.

They gave the vita better, more timely and more consistent support than they will ever gave the switch
Do you do anything else but talking about how much you dislike Sega or Atlus?

donpiano

Nov 15, 2017
Why do people think persona 5 is coming to switch?

Because the protagonist was just released as a playable character in Smash Bros. Ultimate with lots of details and references from Persona 5.
It's way too much of a tease to the fans to release only the character and not the game, especially when there's been such a high demand to port it over. It could still take a while but I think it's coming.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No Jack Frost on the Mementos stage. Plus neither of the stage's actual gimmicks were mentioned.

Also it was ridiculous that anyone knew all five characters to begin with.
I didn't see this rumor. Good to know.

FJns.gif

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We're more than halfway through April. Ubisoft better drop some Starlink deets. When can I play as Slippy?

After the Persona concert, anyway, I suppose that no one will think about a Persona 5 port anymore. It is really the last occasione in my opinion - with very low chances after all we got in these last days.

If only. I'm willing to bet that people won't stop speculating about P5 on Switch even if it is a no-show at the concert.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Now that the Doomguy thing is totally dead, we can speculate freely again. But this E3 is gonna be Chief vs Banjo. I still can't decide which one will close the E3 Direct.

On one corner it's Banjo, literally most requested character ever and an important part of the Nintendo legacy.

On other corner there is Master Chief. Super iconic, up there with Mario, Link, Pacman and Sonic. Plus Halo is one of Sakurai's favorite American series.
Pqp2.gif

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Because the protagonist was just released as a playable character in Smash Bros. Ultimate with lots of details and references from Persona 5.
It's way too much of a tease to the fans to release only the character and not the game, especially when there's been such a high demand to port it over. It could still take a while but I think it's coming.
Given the stage also pulls in references to Persona 3 and 4, it makes more sense as a Persona Q/Q2 thing now.

Or we're getting Persona Waifu Trilogy on Switch which bundles 3, 4 and 5 together in one package #believe

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
This is so weird to not have the tiniest idea of what Animal Crossing Switch looks like after almost 8 months...Although New Leaf took a long time to come after initial announcement, we knew how the game looked like really early. Here it is the opposite : AC Switch will be avaible within 8 months and we have zero visuals. I really wonder why they didn't show it at all in september.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Now that the Doomguy thing is totally dead, we can speculate freely again. But this E3 is gonna be Chief vs Banjo. I still can't decide which one will close the E3 Direct.

On one corner it's Banjo, literally most requested character ever and an important part of the Nintendo legacy.

On other corner there is Master Chief. Super iconic, up there with Mario, Link, Pacman and Sonic. Plus Halo is one of Sakurai's favorite American series.
Why are we pretending Doomguy is dead lol

Just because one fake leak mentioned him?

If anything his actual chances shot up a little now that Joker gets to run around with his little pistol, a concern people had that Smash couldn't have realistic looking guns.

donpiano

Nov 15, 2017
Given the stage also pulls in references to Persona 3 and 4, it makes more sense as a Persona Q/Q2 thing now.

Or we're getting Persona Waifu Trilogy on Switch which bundles 3, 4 and 5 together in one package #believe

I think it's closer to meaning we could be getting P3 and P4 on the Switch than it being a reference to PQ.

The win screen is what gives it away for me. That's a nod to Persona 5 however you look at it. It might mean nothing regarding the possible port, but it settles the debate over which game brought Joker to Smash.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's funny to see people "cheering" about Smash not having a true direct.

Wouldn't that mean Smash at E3?

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Why are we pretending Doomguy is dead lol

Just because one fake leak mentioned him?

If anything his actual chances shot up a little now that Joker gets to run around with his little pistol, a concern people had that Smash couldn't have realistic looking guns.

He himself didn't die (although me being bad at Doom did give him multiple deaths) the rumor of him being in the next lack to promote Eternal. Now he's back in the line. Yeah, he still has a chance but there are more popular gun user characters deserve the spot more than him imo, like Joanna Dark or Lara Croft (one of the dlc characters has to be female, I think).

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The way things are going, Nintendo is gonna Shadow Drop the revision like the Sega Saturn after E3 launching alongside Super Mario Maker 2, and jts gonna he glorious.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Again, though, people will take any sign of Smash as a affront. Now it can appear at E3 and take time away from their precious "new games."

MWAHAHA!

Big chance that there's not too many new games to begin with and the E³ Direct will have a huge focus on the revisions, if coming this year, and games like Pokemon or Animal Crossing.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Big chance that there's not too many new games to begin with and the E³ Direct will have a huge focus on the revisions, if coming this year, and games like Pokemon or Animal Crossing.

(We don't need that kind of logic here! Whatever Smash detractors want to see will not be seen at E3! But detractors shouldn't worry! Nintendo will have Smash to show!)

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is so weird to not have the tiniest idea of what Animal Crossing Switch looks like after almost 8 months...Although New Leaf took a long time to come after initial announcement, we knew how the game looked like really early. Here it is the opposite : AC Switch will be avaible within 8 months and we have zero visuals. I really wonder why they didn't show it at all in september.
It's not really too weird. It'll get a full reveal at E3 for a release this fall. There's no pressure for them to reveal it now. They have plenty of time to reveal, market and release.

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
NintendoDirectSpeculation.png

This thread serves to contain all madness related to Nintendo Direct, including leaks, rumors, and general speculation. And shoutout to Kevin360 for the original thread, which I based most of this off of!

Reminder: Do NOT message, tag, or harass insiders. It should go without saying but it's rude, annoying, and it won't accomplish anything!

As a general rule, let's try to avoid too much "reset the clock" type posts, until of course, we have a really good reason to think it's time to actually be resetting the clock. Madness must have some modicum of reasoning, you know?

Important Dates:

Fiscal Year Earnings Release / Briefing
t1556254800z1.png

E3 2019
t1560268800z1.png

Screen_Shot_2019-04-10_at_1.04.24_AM.png

Time Since Last Direct: 9 weeks (63+ Days)

Current Rumors:
Best Buy internal systems have listings up for Persona 5, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and A Link to the Past.
Wall Street Journal claims two revisions to the Switch hardware are coming this year.

Archive:
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT|