• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
You said Nintendo doesn't release games and DLC news on the same week of quarter results and investors briefing and I simply showed you there have been Directs on the same week and day as of investors meeting and quarter results, as these two always happen on the same week.

I'm not ignoring anything wtf, I simply wanted to provide some extra information showing that Directs and investors meeting can happen on the same week, nothing else, not that it will happen next week tho. Anyway, this is useless, I'm done with it.

Wrong (maybe I wasnt clear enough), I wrote games and DLCs releases, but even rarely big game news,
so I was talking about games and DLCs releases on first place, but they rarely release even big game news in that week.

Yes you do, ignoring completely things that I wrote and saying things that I didnt (but maybe you misunderstood me).
Thing is you don't provide any new information, I said gaming news can happen is same week but that is happening rarely, and thats true.
I agree this useless but you start this, hole my point is that Nintendo wouldn't release Smash Bros DLC on same day in which Nintendo quarter results are.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
Talking about Smash Bros characters I expecting:
-Banjo
-Steve from Minecraft
-DQ11 character
-Crash Bandicoot

Deleted member 41183

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I agree, but the current release date is right after Spider-Man: Far from Home and before the DVD/Blu-Ray release of Endgame, so it's not totally random. And I'm fine with a minor delay if it makes the game that much better.

That's true, but with the frequency of MCU stuff they could have probably released it practically any month and it would have been close to or just after the release of something or other.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Is anyone really in here expecting a Direct this close to E3 after a mini Smash info dump got dropped at 9pm on a Tuesday?

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
With Reggie gone, they're just cleaning house and shitting out some low level announcements before Doug Bowser announces Super Bowser Story by Naughty Dog.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone really in here expecting a Direct this close to E3 after a mini Smash info dump got dropped at 9pm on a Tuesday?
No longer.

They are basically dropping a Mini Direct worth of announcements since yesterday (MUA3 release date, Smash 3.0 update with Joker, BoxBoy demo...)

Next stop is Mario Maker 2.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
With Reggie gone, they're just cleaning house and shitting out some low level announcements before Doug Bowser announces Super Bowser Story by Naughty Dog.

With Reggie gone, all 3 (Iwata, Reggie, Shibata) that were involved in the original Nintendo Directs are gone.

The Nintendo Direct feature is gone.

From now on, all Nintendo news will be released as individual tweets and video announcements.

This thread can now be closed.

plusaflag

User requested ban
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
With Reggie gone, all 3 (Iwata, Reggie, Shibata) that were involved in the original Nintendo Directs are gone.

The Nintendo Direct feature is gone.

From now on, all Nintendo news will be released as individual tweets and video announcements.

This thread can now be closed.
Drama is top notch. I genuinely like this kind of posts

OpenWarpedHake-max-1mb.gif

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
It's of course possible but is it needed? I personally don't think so

What can a Direct do that other forms of marketing can't? Is it the most efficient way to sell a user generated game?
Eh.... with how much Directs have grown over the past year I feel like you're wrong on that first question. They absolutely carry the scope of marketing to heights that just dropping a trailer or updating the MM website wouldn't. They're an event during which Nintendo pretty much has the entire gaming press to themselves for a couple of days and the hype of the whole internet.

I agree on the second one though for MM in particular

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I wanted a Direct but I'm oddly satisfied with what we got (a there might be more.) I know I'll be busy this week.

kdkfp

Mar 25, 2019
What do you think about the fact that LM3 and AC got removed from the upcoming games page on Nintendo America?

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy he's right. We might have to seriously discuss this. Luigi's Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing are no longer showing up on Nintendo's website...and this is happening before their financial earnings...

https://www.nintendo.com/games/coming-soon/

They're both on the UK website though.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Search/Search-299117.html?f=147394-5-81
Or they're getting ready to upload fresh art for them ;)

Either way this has nothing to do with a delay because even if they're 2020.... they're still "upcoming" lol.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
Were they ever up on NoA's site? I thought NoA didn't make pages for games until the final title was decided.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Hot take: Even if AC and LM3 slip into 2020 the year is still packed and it wouldn't be that bad. Obviously it would suck for all AC fans and I deeply hope it won't happen because they deserve a new game rather sooner than later.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Or they're getting ready to upload fresh art for them ;)

Either way this has nothing to do with a delay because even if they're 2020.... they're still "upcoming" lol.

Eh. They're officially 2019 games. 2020 would be delayed. I'll stay positive until the financial earnings.

They don't appear to be on Japan's website either, but I can't tell 100%.
Were they ever up on NoA's site? I thought NoA didn't make pages for games until the final title was decided.

Yes Animal Crossing definitely was. I just checked NoA's website the other day.

RossMacG

Mar 18, 2019
Both animal crossing and Luigis Mansion are both still mentioned on every other nintendo website its literally just the american one where it's gone

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The Smash 3.0 Update video currently has over 2.5 million views.

Not sure what this means for the future of Directs, but it is worth noting.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Oh boy he's right. We might have to seriously discuss this. Luigi's Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing are no longer showing up on Nintendo's website...and this is happening before their financial earnings...

They're possibly getting name changes at the briefing along with new logos. Both had tentative titles, I think this is the right time to reveal real ones just two months before E3.

My guesses:
Luigi's Mansion 3: Luigi's Death Stare Revenge on Death (Death from the Simon Smash reveal, you know, the one who killed him)
Animal Crossing Odyssey (mythological creatures instead of animals. We're going to have Minotaur, Chimera, Sphinx, Cyclops and Harpy neighbors!)

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
The Smash 3.0 Update video currently has over 2.5 million views.

Not sure what this means for the future of Directs, but it is worth noting.
2.5m is a lot in 1 day.
But it's not entirely suprising. And doesn't indicate anything

Since Nintendo's youtube viewership has catapulted since ~2016.

Early directs in like 2012 didn't even cross 1 million.
Now Directs clear several million.
And Odyssey and BOTW trailers clear 20 and 30 million.

You can just sort Nintendo's most popular viewed videos.

See how many are from around the Switch Era.

Status
Not open for further replies.