• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
And Retro didn't do Fed Force did they? That was Next Level.
They did help design the mechs for that game, but even then would they consider that enough to be one of their titles?

USG: Is Retro involved in this project at all?

KT: The whole development has been done by Next Level Games. There was just one part — for the design for the mechs, Retro had the supervisory role for this game.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the design the mech from that game it's a bit similar but not enough to be the same, for one thing the game has only three fingers.

latest

D4Y0LQQWsAA0Jn4.png

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
that hand belongs to the car from Car Combat (they're reviving Car Combat and the cars are Transformers now)

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Could that be a Kong wearing some sort of armor? EDIT: I see some brown in the joints which could be hair. Also a King-like ear, maybe.

Last edited:

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
The placement of the Mario statue is intentional. There's no other reason to not see the full artwork in this case.
Yeah. Especially after how he showed us the art Geoff gave him.
Retro's gift is beautiful, Reggie would have wanted to show the whole thing imo, he can't show it because it's from the game they've been working before MP4 ^^
He'll show us after E3 lol

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what's next for Capcom. In May they're releasing the remaining games for Switch and they don't have anything else beyond that.

I expect DMC collection to be announced pretty soon for a summer release. In late May we have Monster Hunter day, so we could get a Switch MH announcement there (don't say not before Iceborne as we DON'T have Iceborne on Switch). Dead Rising games and Resident Evil 5 should be the fall lineup from Capcom.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
crazy theory: a Rareware-styled, N64-era exploratory platformer staring a robot

make me happy Retro

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if the MCs in FE three houses speak or are silent?

it might have a big bearing on if I get it

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if the MCs in FE three houses speak or are silent?

it might have a big bearing on if I get it
Nobody is really sure right now. They talk in battle which would be obvious. Outside of battle there hasn't been much to go by since they really haven't focus on story as much as they usually do.

Fire Emblem has never had a slient playable protagonist tho. (Tho you could make Robin slient in Awakening as an option).

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody is really sure right now. They talk in battle which would be obvious. Outside of battle there hasn't been much to go by since they really haven't focus on story as much as they usually do.

Fire Emblem has never had a slient playable protagonist tho. (Tho you could make Robin slient in Awakening as an option).
FE has never had a silent protagonist, except maybe the tactician from Blazing Blade, but he/she was more a plot device than a protagonist. It is very likely the new avatar will talk.
thanks.
Yeah, i've never played a FE, but I did kind of remember recent FE games trailers and advertising not showing the MC talk much, but then he/she talks in the game. So I thought maybe that's happening here.
wait you could choose to make Robin silent? wonder how that worked

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
thanks.
Yeah, i've never played a FE, but I did kind of remember recent FE games trailers and advertising not showing the MC talk much, but then he/she talks in the game. So I thought maybe that's happening here.
wait you could choose to make Robin silent? wonder how that worked
It was a Japan only option I believe. It didn't really do much in the overall story of Awakening. It was neat to see dialogue differences to justify his lack of speaking.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is surprisingly slow today.... too slow.
Anything can happen, really, but usually if nothing has been announced by Wednesday morning (US time) then the chances of something happening later in the week are pretty slim, especially if it's Thursday morning and there's still nothing.

There's always Next Week™

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
The shadow drop of a Smash mini-Direct I think killed most hopes for a General Direct pre-E3.

Pretty much.

But it means that Nintendo is saving up for E3. We could realistically see a 40+ minute Direct at E3 that shows:

- Animal Crossing full reveal and release date.
- 1-2 new Smash Ultimate characters
- Pokemon Sword/Shield gameplay/additional information
- Link's Awakening gameplay/details
- Luigi's Mansion 3 gameplay/details
- Astral Chain information
- Switch Mini reveal
- Possible remasters including Pikmin 3 and Metroid Prime Trilogy

It could be an insane E3 for Nintendo.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much.

But it means that Nintendo is saving up for E3. We could realistically see a 40+ minute Direct at E3 that shows:

- Switch Mini reveal

Especially if Retro really do got a game

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much.

- Switch Mini reveal

You're forgetting Zell's "Mario on PlayStation" game and Imran's "Revived dead game". Both can close the E3 direct in an epic way.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing what we know of the Switch line up for the rest of the year, I really struggle to expect any more Nintendo games fitting in there. Unless they really start doubling up their releases per month.

June - Mario Maker 2
July - Fire Emblem
August - Astral Chain, Pikmin 3*
September - Animal Crossing*, Metroid Prime Trilogy*
October - Luigi's Mansion 3*,
November - Pokemon*, Retro Studio's Game*
December - Link's Awakening*

This just sounds so unrealistic to me.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing what we know of the Switch line up for the rest of the year, I really struggle to expect any more Nintendo games fitting in there. Unless they really start doubling up their releases per month.

June - Mario Maker 2
July - Fire Emblem
August - Astral Chain, Pikmin 3*
September - Animal Crossing*, Metroid Prime Trilogy*
October - Luigi's Mansion 3*,
November - Pokemon*, Retro Studio's Game*
December - Link's Awakening*

This just sounds so unrealistic to me.

Considering July has 3 games (you're missing DQB2 and MUA3) I'm not sure 2 or more per month the rest of the year is that crazy.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Considering July has 3 games (you're missing DQB2 and MUA3) I'm not sure 2 or more per month the rest of the year is that crazy.

Plus, has there ever been a year we know all of Nintendo's games for that year by April? No, not recenlty.

so I don't know if it will be a huge game or small game,
But Nintendo will announce a published game at E3 and it will release in 2019 for sure. Might be Retro's unless that is Q1 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.