• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
That's true, but Pikmin 3 holds me back from agreeing or I would've easily been on board for Pikmin 4 in a fall Direct.
Pikmin 3 is a confusing piece of the puzzle for sure; I really have no idea about where it could go now, unless it got delayed to Early 2020 and is taking a similar slot to NSMBU this year.

It could make sense; that game also leaked way earlier than it was revealed (in the first half of last year).

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pikmin 3 is a confusing piece of the puzzle for sure; I really have no idea about where it could go now, unless it got delayed to Early 2020 and is taking a similar slot to NSMBU this year.

It could make sense; that game also leaked way earlier than it was revealed (in the first half of last year).

If it's delayed to 2020 then Pikmin 4 is a perfect announcement for a fall Direct along with Pikmin 3. It'll be interesting to see...maybe Nintendo will still do a surprise mini Direct before E3. They did do a Micro Direct before E3 2015.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
If it's delayed to 2020 then Pikmin 4 is a perfect announcement for a fall Direct along with Pikmin 3. It'll be interesting to see...maybe Nintendo will still do a surprise mini Direct before E3. They did do a Micro Direct before E3 2015.
Well, Pikmin would be pretty fitting for a micro-sized Direct (I mean, Chibi-Robo was the focus of the last one).

Ryugarr

Dec 6, 2018
What are the chances of a direct actually happening the 25th? Mainly because of the Persona announcement that day, A Hat in Time special announcement that day and Labo support for Mario and Zelda all in the same day. But there is also an investors meeting happening that day. Has there ever been a direct and an investors meeting the same day?

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
Just getting through a Marvel marathon before Endgame. What does everyone think MUA3 is gonna come in at on metacritic? I'm thinking between 6.5 and 7.5.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
So far all of Emily's games have been Nintendo games- Astral Chain, Super Mario Maker 2 and Links Awakening.

Makes me think her 4th game will also be a Nintendo game and will be announced at E3. Nintendo never(?) announces their own games in a September direct to release in the same year.
Pretty sure one of her eShop games was Cadence of Hyrule. Wasn't there another one, or was that just BoxBoy?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I need a burning Pikmin ASAP!
RSvxak.gif

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Pretty sure one of her eShop games was Cadence of Hyrule. Wasn't there another one, or was that just BoxBoy?
We do know about three eShop titles (Tetris 99, BOXBOY and Cadence of Hyrule) but at one point she teased that there were more than three coming, so we should except more eShop titles in the rest of the year.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What are the chances of a direct actually happening the 25th? Mainly because of the Persona announcement that day, A Hat in Time special announcement that day and Labo support for Mario and Zelda all in the same day. But there is also an investors meeting happening that day. Has there ever been a direct and an investors meeting the same day?

Zero. They've never done a Direct during the financial earnings. It's not needed. All these things you listed are small potatoes Nintendo will just put on Twitter.
Okay, I figured the situation was something like that. Just trying to keep the imagination open.

Yeah she mentioned more is coming. She had 4 retail games coming and we know 3 of them being Astral Chain, Links Awakening and Super Mario Maker 2 like I mentioned in my post.

I figured her 4th retail game might be the size of those games so it could be revealed at E3.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
You know, the last Micro Direct was a bit more beefy than I remembered it being (it was 17 minutes long!). They covered:
  • Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash
  • Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure
  • Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
  • Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
  • Splatoon (New Updates)
  • Art Academy SketchPad
  • Little Battlers Experience
  • Puzzle & Dragons Z + Super Mario Bros. Edition
  • Bravely Second: End Layer
A lot of people have mentioned the large amount of things they need to cover at E3 this year, but maybe a Micro Direct could break up the load a little bit (like it did in 2015)?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know, the last Micro Direct was a bit more beefy than I remembered it being (it was 17 minutes long!). They covered:
  • Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash
  • Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure
  • Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
  • Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
  • Splatoon (New Updates)
  • Art Academy SketchPad
  • Little Battlers Experience
  • Puzzle & Dragons Z + Super Mario Bros. Edition
  • Bravely Second: End Layer
A lot of people have mentioned the large amount of things they need to cover at E3 this year, but maybe a Micro Direct could break up the load a little bit (like it did in 2015)?
That's the thing, we've been talking about how much Nintendo has and do they really want to squeeze so much in a E3 direct? The Micro Direct seems plausible.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, what's up with that? I thought Dark Souls did pretty well on Switch. Where are DS2 and 3?!

Do we know for sure Dark Souls did that well? Even after the delay?

And anyway it came out 6 months ago, if it did well that isn't really much time to port other games in the series. If they're coming it'll probably take a few more months before they're announced.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm watching PapaGenos video. He said a Sylux Spirit and Porky Spirit haven't shown up in Smash yet?? He's thinking Sylux will come with Metroid Prime 4 (redesign?) and Porky will come with a Mother collection or something Mother related.

Ok I had no clue there was a Sylux and Porky Spirit, but they haven't shown up in Smash Ultimate yet. Oh man my heart.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Cool, thanks!

I'll skip DS2, but if DS3 comes I'll definitely pick that up on Switch.

Honestly I'd consider giving DS2 a try if you haven't before and you liked 1. The level design is kinda crap but the build variety, item variety and game length when you include the DLC are all easily the best in the series.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I'm watching PapaGenos video. He said a Sylux Spirit and Porky Spirit haven't shown up in Smash yet?? He's thinking Sylux will come with Metroid Prime 4 (redesign?) and Porky will come with a Mother collection or something Mother related.

Ok I had no clue there was a Sylux and Porky Spirit, but they haven't shown up in Smash Ultimate yet. Oh man my heart.
Yeah, Sylux isn't present at all in Ultimate. Technically, Porky is though (through a subtle joke, as the Absolutely Safe Capsule from Mother 3 is a Spirit). Not having Spirits doesn't necessarily mean anything (since they are adding more spirits post-release, and they could easily do that for those games after they release).

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Honestly I'd consider giving DS2 a try if you haven't before and you liked 1. The level design is kinda crap but the build variety, item variety and game length when you include the DLC are all easily the best in the series.
I should have clarified. I would skip Dark Souls 2 because after finishing Dark Souls 1 on Switch I had the itch for more Dark Souls so I caved and bought DS2 on PC. If I had known it was coming to Switch (hopefully) I would have waited. I enjoyed it, but to me it was not nearly as good as the first game.

I'm still holding out hope for DS3 on Switch. If we got a Ds2 & 3 announcement at E3 that would be perfect. If not, I may cave again and buy DS3 on PC.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I should have clarified. I would skip Dark Souls 2 because after finishing Dark Souls 1 on Switch I had the itch for more Dark Souls so I caved and bought DS2 on PC. If I had known it was coming to Switch (hopefully) I would have waited. I enjoyed it, but to me it was not nearly as good as the first game.

I'm still holding out hope for DS3 on Switch. If we got a Ds2 & 3 announcement at E3 that would be perfect. If not, I may cave again and buy DS3 on PC.

Oh I see, gotcha. Yeah I think DS3 is probably worth getting either way and I wouldn't really get my hopes up for a Switch release to be honest. It would be a bit harder to port than DS2 and I'm not sure DS1 did well enough to warrant it after all of Bamco's self sabotage of that game.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think we're back to ground zero with Retro. The drawing they sent to Reggie with a robot arm appears to just be an inside joke or something.

I guess that's good news for those who didn't want a cartoony game. It would open the doors up to anything. We don't really have much to go on for the type of game they could be working on.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trust me if you're right I'll be happy. All I care about is getting another game be it with the robot or something else.

I mean, whether or not the tease will end up to something is a different matter. The fact though is that absolutely nothing, nada, jack shit, points at it being an "inside joke" or that kind of made-up fan theory.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The truth 😂. Is it related to a video game they've worked on?

Idk. that's what the speculation is about.
Fact is, there's an unknown character on that pic, and RS employees are crypting about it. That's it. From that point, the most logical explanation is that they're teasing something. That here is the truth without any warped logic or massive reaching like "that's an inside joke" or "it's from a cancelled game".

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
It's still a reach. Just because the statue was placed there doesn't mean they are intentionally hiding anything major. It could just be the artists interpretation of the Regginator for all we know.

Guaraná

Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
Considering the "coming soon" call was taken away from the animal crossing and Luigi's mansion pages and the amount of games schedule for this year already, do you guys think these two games might be delayed?

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
Considering the "coming soon" call was taken away from the animal crossing and Luigi's mansion pages and the amount of games schedule for this year already, do you guys think these two games might be delayed?

We will find out in a few days. Considering at their last meeting they commented on no 2019 games being delayed it would be in line with those comments to mention any delays incurred since they originally made them.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.