• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019
I am now convinced that Animal Crossing is delayed and E3 will have a big focus on Pokemon, Mario Maker, LM3, Astral Chain, MUA3 and Zelda.

What's the likelihood of a Direct in May and then one in early June?

I hate how before the February direct, everyone said "Animal Crossing will be saved for E3" and now that we're getting closer to E3, a lot of people are saying that it'll be delayed. Just wait till E3, if AC doesn't show up, it's obviously delayed. But right now I just see it as a holiday release. All mainline AC games have been released in November (in Japan) so it makes sense, anyways.

Nov 3, 2017
I hate how before the February direct, everyone said "Animal Crossing will be saved for E3" and now that we're getting closer to E3, a lot of people are saying that it'll be delayed. Just wait till E3, if AC doesn't show up, it's obviously delayed. But right now I just see it as a holiday release. All mainline AC games have been released in November (in Japan) so it makes sense, anyways.

People on this forum would rather get 10 Smash Directs consecutively than any coverage on Animal Crossing apparently

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
This is the last week for any potential announcements, with the investors briefing. After this, it's Golden Week and there's pretty much complete silence from Japanese companies during then.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe at the Investors thing they will say whether Animal Crossing is still on track for 2019.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
Nintendo always tries to impress investors at the financial result briefing. No game announcements but stuff that would interest the shareholders, like Switch Mini or more mobile games.

They want talk about Switch Mini if they don't announce it officially before investor meeting,
it we dont have officially announcement of Switch Mini some time before investor meeting best we can hope is they will hint new revision for this FY without any other details.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
This is the last week for any potential announcements, with the investors briefing. After this, it's Golden Week and there's pretty much complete silence from Japanese companies during then.

Does the world end at Golden week or is there some other reason that this is the last week?

/s

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am now convinced that Animal Crossing is delayed and E3 will have a big focus on Pokemon, Mario Maker, LM3, Astral Chain, MUA3 and Zelda.

What's the likelihood of a Direct in May and then one in early June?

What convinced you Animal Crossing is delayed? I think we can get a Micro/Mini Direct. Mario Maker 2 Direct is still possible.

I'm ready for all those mobile goodness! Mario Kart Tour and possibly other Nintendo debuts on mobile. Maybe this will be the return of Kirby Tilt n Tumble?

I'm very interested in Mario Kart Tour. It could be the first Nintendo mobile game I play consistently. Dr. Mario is coming.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At this point I'm inclined to believe MPT was delayed (internally) to a 2020 release. I do believe it was going to come this year and Metroid Prime 4 would've been the big game for this years E3. Just think what we could've had if MP4's development was up to Nintendo's quality. Oh well, it is what it is. We have a lot of great stuff coming.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Animal Crossing won't be delayed. In any case, we'll know this week when they announce E3 plans with a small reference to the game.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Well if Retro has another game there's a chance it'll be a DK game. Paper Mario I don't expect to see until a September direct or by E3 2020 the latest.
Retro doing something else is what makes me nervous. Idk who else would make or if Nintendo even cares about the series. I still play Tropical Freeze weekly.

Paper Mario I have no faith in returning but I keep hoping I'm wrong lol

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Animal Crossing won't be delayed. In any case, we'll know this week when they announce E3 plans with a small reference to the game.
In 2017 and 2018 they specifically mention Super Mario Odyssey and Smash Bros, respectively. It makes sense they'd do the "Tune into our presentation to look at Switch titles for 2019 including the upcoming Animal Crossing"

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Retro doing something else is what makes me nervous. Idk who else would make or if Nintendo even cares about the series. I still play Tropical Freeze weekly.

Paper Mario I have no faith in returning but I keep hoping I'm wrong lol

I don't think anyone else will do DKC if Retro isn't doing it. Paper Mario I'm not worried about. Its been on every generation since N64 and nothing has changed. It consistently sells well. Color Splash didn't do good because the install base was horrible and it being a "better" version of Sticker Star didn't help.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
In 2017 and 2018 they specifically mention Super Mario Odyssey and Smash Bros, respectively. It makes sense they'd do the "Tune into our presentation to look at Switch titles for 2019 including the upcoming Animal Crossing"
Yeap, I'm sure it'll be something like that.

It'll be the main E3 game but I don't expect something like Smash, rather like Odyssey in 2017.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeap, I'm sure it'll be something like that.

It'll be the main E3 game but I don't expect something like Smash, rather like Odyssey in 2017.
Yeah it won't be like Smash as far as presentation goes. It's interesting we only got an Odyssey trailer at E3 2017. They did do the reveal in January though, but that was a trailer too.

Makes me think how much time will Animal Crossing get in the Direct. I used to think around 10 minutes, but now I could see 7-8 minutes.

They usually come out around 11pm EST
Nice thanks.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you guys think the next 3D Zelda and 3D Mario will reel in the collectibles?

I know a big complaint of both games is the Korok seeds and the moons. It's a worse offender in Super Mario Odyssey because they're needed and are core to the game.

The moons in that game feels watered down or devalued because they're so many on levels. You find them in a ground or a cactus or simple tasks. I think people want something tighter. It felt like Nintendo went way too far with them and I've heard the rewards aren't so good when you get past a specific number.

Also, you can buy many moons, which is ok I guess. Just felt like Nintendo wanted to hit a certain number. I understand they get you to explore more of the worlds, but still. You think for a Super Mario Odyssey 2 they will significantly dial them back to make them feel a little more meaningful? Maybe they'll cut back on how big the worlds are?

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017

I know a big complaint of both games is the Korok seeds and the moons. It's a worse offender in Super Mario Odyssey because they're needed and are core to the game.

The moons in that game feels watered down or devalued because they're so many on levels.
No. The game worlds are large enough that it's useful for people to be able to find the collectibles pretty much anywhere so they can achieve the main rewards without having to find a bunch of hyper-specific stuff tucked away in spots you might not ever find if you're not deliberately combing the entire game world.

I'm sure they have data showing that the vast majority of players don't get all collectibles, so it makes little sense to design the game simply to satisfy the players that do.

Aston

Jan 4, 2019
Anyone know if the Best Buy leaks are true or not? Have there been games leaked by Best Buy in the past?

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Also, you can buy many moons, which is ok I guess. Just felt like Nintendo wanted to hit a certain number. I understand they get you to explore more of the worlds, but still. You think for a Super Mario Odyssey 2 they will significantly dial them back to make them feel a little more meaningful? Maybe they'll cut back on how big the worlds are?

I still think next 3D Mario game will be 3D World 2 instead of Odyssey. There are two Mario trans and they cycle Mario development. One is Galaxy team now making Odyssey, other is NSMB team now creating 3D World games. I expect 3D World 2 to hit shelves in fall 2020, Odyssey will do the same in either late 2021 or early 2022.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I still think next 3D Mario game will be 3D World 2 instead of Odyssey. There are two Mario trans and they cycle Mario development. One is Galaxy team now making Odyssey, other is NSMB team now creating 3D World games. I expect 3D World 2 to hit shelves in fall 2020, Odyssey will do the same in either late 2021 or early 2022.

NSMB people are most likely doing Mario Maker 2.

The moons in that game feels watered down or devalued because they're so many on levels. You find them in a ground or a cactus or simple tasks. I think people want something tighter. It felt like Nintendo went way too far with them and I've heard the rewards aren't so good when you get past a specific number.

They make getting 100% a pain, but after Yoshi also had an excess of collectibles I won't count on them being scaled back in upcoming games.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just watched Nintendo's E3 2008 conference again, as I make my way through the E3 conferences. My god Cammy lol.

The good
- GTA Chinatown Wars announced for DS
- Wii Sports Resort announced for Wii

The bad
- Everything else lol
-Wii Tragic Music in general

Also, Animal Crossing was boooring. I was falling asleep during the segment.

I think this was worse than E3 2015. Atleast in 2015 Nintendo had an excuse since they moved on from the Wii U failure so it took a hit.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I always feel a bit sorry for Cammy. I thought she was quite good at her job, the issue being her job was mismanagement by Nintendo. They'd doubled down hard on the family friendly blue ocean ecosystem of the Wii and hired a figurehead they felt best represented that brand. At E3 thought that branding is painfully out of place, and E3 2008 was a great demonstration of that.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I always feel a bit sorry for Cammy. I thought she was quite good at her job, the issue being her job was mismanagement by Nintendo. They'd doubled down hard on the family friendly blue ocean ecosystem of the Wii and hired a figurehead they felt best represented that brand. At E3 thought that branding is painfully out of place, and E3 2008 was a great demonstration of that.
Yes yes. It was rough. They truly doubled down on it and made her the face of it, so she got crap for it. She seems like she's doing good for what she's supposed to promote, but like you said...this is E3.

Microsoft got a ton of crap to with them going hard with Kinect. I forgot which E3 it was, but basically the whole conference was Kinect.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man I'm so damn hungry for some Animal Crossing news. I realize this is nothing new (not from me, but from anyone lol) - just wanted to vent a bit.

I was watching some "10 things we want to see in Animal Crossing Switch!" videos this weekend, and one of them mentioned a fully-3D experience with graphics as good as the Mario Kart 8 track and I just...............................oh man. I don't see that happening (I do think it'll be a pretty "traditional" experience) - but can you imagine?

akasha

Jan 14, 2019
Germany
On those Nintendo customer surveys about recently bought games: Does anybody know whether the developers get to see anything from the responses (e.g. a summary)? Would be good to know whether the actual devs get the feedback too for some more obscure indie titles.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't know Nintendo had the NSMB team designated to making 3D World games. I would've thought they're making Mario Maker 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.