• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm talking about directs that talk about multiple game's, even mini directs

Are you excluding Nindie presentations then?

I just checked and 2017 did have a general Direct with a focus on ARMS and Splatoon 2, as well as an ARMS Direct with a Splatoon 2 trailer. So I guess that counts as two according to your criteria.

2016 had only a single multi-game Direct between January and E3 though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Direct

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are you excluding Nindie presentations then?

I just checked and 2017 did have a general Direct with a focus on ARMS and Splatoon 2, as well as an ARMS Direct with a Splatoon 2 trailer. So I guess that counts as two according to your criteria.

2016 had only a single multi-game Direct between January and E3 though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Direct
I don't count 2016 for predicting anything accurate because that's when Nintendo was killing off the Wii U and waiting for the switch to release

Yea not counting nindies, just mini directs and general directs with more than 1 game

Method

Oct 25, 2017
I just downloaded Truberbrook - if you're a fan of adventure/point and clicks, i definitely recommend this one.

MikeH

Dec 3, 2018
If they want to give Animal Crossing a proper spotlight, I think they should reveal it in May, assuming their E3 Direct is mainly Pokemon.

Btw, something doesn't add up for me about Smash reveals. They want all their remaining DLC characters out by February 2020, so it's pretty safe to guess they'll reveal three of them at E3, September Direct and TGA. But what about the fourth character? Will they reveal it on a separate Smash Direct?

Deleted member 44122

If they want to give Animal Crossing a proper spotlight, I think they should reveal it in May, assuming their E3 Direct is mainly Pokemon.

Btw, something doesn't add up for me about Smash reveals. They want all their remaining DLC characters out by February 2020, so it's pretty safe to guess they'll reveal three of them at E3, September Direct and TGA. But what about the fourth character? Will they reveal it on a separate Smash Direct?
gamescom maybe? :P

Oct 27, 2017
United States

That still leaves room for an announcement in a Direct next January!

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No, what I meant is NSMB people could work on next 3D World now. Another 2D NSMB would make no sense while Mario Maker exists. Instead they could do DLC dev made stages for Mario Maker.

Don't see the point in having them develop two 3D Marios concurrently, especially by a team with no experience in that area, when they could just have the NSMBU team work on something entirely new.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I just hope we get Mario Maker 2 details soon, even if it's just a shadow-dropped overview trailer and a website update.

I NEED IT.

Evo more likely. It's around July, perfect month to reveal Erdrick.
Erdrick will be Challenger Pack 2 though. They won't wait until early August to reveal or release him. E3 for sure.

Enforced

Oct 26, 2017
I just saw wonderful 101 trending in twitter and I thought Nintendo announced wonderful 101 port for switch but it turns out people just making a list of games they want for switch.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I take Direct tips

canadian-and-american-money-in-hat-collected-by-street-performer-AR497P.jpg

Kass15

Jan 14, 2018
Do you think they announce Erdrick with some DQ ports or just continue to hype up DQ 11? I'm hoping all the ds and 3ds DQ games eventually make their way to the Switch.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Erdrick will be Challenger Pack 2 though. They won't wait until early August to reveal or release him. E3 for sure.

Our only source rumor for Erdrick is proven false, so we're back at where we began.That "brave" still could be anything. Sora? DQ11 protag? Crono? Or even.. Lara?

I still don't think a character whose adventures Europeans never had a chance to enjoy is a right choice for a Smash DLC. This is not a Lucas situation, this is a paid DLC, people need to know who he is.

Do you think they announce Erdrick with some DQ ports or just continue to hype up DQ 11? I'm hoping all the ds and 3ds DQ games eventually make their way to the Switch.

Well, we still have DQ Heroes 1&2 collection localization to be announced. And that new DQ Monsters thing. I don't think they'd port 3DS remakes/ports with outdated looks. DQ8 should be HD remastered using PS2 version.

That being said, a remake should not be out of question. Now DQ5 is pretty popular nowadays due to CG movie, it deserves another remake with DQ11's looks. For Switch. With more waifus.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Our only source rumor for Erdrick is proven false, so we're back at where we began.
Not entirely true; Tansut (the person who leaked Cloud on Gaf before he was revealed) is convinced that Erdrick is in. Since he has Square Enix connections, i'm inclined to believe him.

I still don't think a character whose adventures Europeans never had a chance to enjoy is a right choice for a Smash DLC. This is not a Lucas situation, this is a paid DLC, people need to know who he is.
I mean, PAL regions did get the game eventually (albeit, we got the mobile port, but whatever). And, uh, what do you mean by "this is not a Lucas situation"? He and Roy, were, uh, paid DLC too (for Smash 4)?

And really, people in Japan (and even the Dragon Warrior fans in America) will know who Erdrick is, and that's the main audience they will be targeting for with the character. As long as Europeans can recognise him as a "Dragon Quest guy" I think it'll be fine.

Last edited:

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
In the words of Shulk

I'M REALLY FEELING IT

No but yeah no idea wasn't even thinking of a Direct but some feeling came over that somethings coming. weird anyways just posting for goodluck !

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Not entirely true; Tansut (the person who leaked Cloud on Gaf before he was revealed) is convinced that Erdrick is in. Since he has Square Enix connections, i'm inclined to believe him.

Some random insider is not enough. Unless one of our legit insiders back it up, I'll assume Erdirck thing is dead. You're free to believe him, though.

I mean, PAL regions did get the game eventually (albeit the mobile port, but whatever). And, uh, what do you mean by "this is not a Lucas situation"? He and Roy, were, uh, paid DLC too?

And really, people in Japan (and even the Dragon Warrior fans in America) will know who Erdrick is, and that's the main audience they will be targeting for with the character. As long as people recognise them as a "Dragon Quest guy" I think it'll be fine.

Let's be honest, Erdrick is super niche character, compared to Joker or other past DLC characters. Yeah, it's a super popular character among older Japanese fans but do we really think Nintendo would choose DLC characters catered for specific regions? Like, if Japan gets Erdrick, what could Europe or US get catered for them? I still think that idea is unlikely, if the second SE rep is really a DQ one, it should be more popular DQ11 protagonist, similar to Persona 5 choice. Maybe it's DQ11 Protag with Erdrick echo? Who knows.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Some random insider is not enough. Unless one of our legit insiders back it up, I'll assume Erdirck thing is dead. You're free to believe him, though.
I mean, Tansut is one of ours (he's a user on here, and he was never banned, so...)

Let's be honest, Erdrick is super niche character, compared to Joker or other past DLC characters. Yeah, it's a super popular character among older Japanese fans but do we really think Nintendo would choose DLC characters catered for specific regions? Like, if Japan gets Erdrick, what could Europe or US get catered for them? I still think that idea is unlikely, if the second SE rep is really a DQ one, it should be more popular DQ11 protagonist, similar to Persona 5 choice. Maybe it's DQ11 Protag with Erdrick echo? Who knows.
I wouldn't be surprised if Luminary was an Echo or something (Erdrick wouldn't be the Echo; even if you don't think that they would cater a character to a specific region, they won't make the senior character and the more popular character in the region this franchise is most popular in the Echo).

But, what could the US or Europe get that would be catered for them? The Microsoft rep of course. If it's Banjo, that's even a Brit creation!

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

I think they're going to give us something else DQ this year, yeah. Maybe not a port of one of the remakes but we're supposed to hear something about a DQM game. And I wouldn't be shocked if we get a DQ Heroes 3, 1 and 2 seemed to do fairly well. I'm still holding out hope those get localized, even digital only...

I'm still super bitter that the localizations of those games already exist on other platforms yet I can't buy it on Switch (even on the JP eShop) and play it in a language I can understand

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Tansut technically say that Erdirck wasn't confirmed 100% to him. Rather that he mentioned that name and didn't get a "no".

I still believe it's a DQ character but I don't want to misinterpret what's tansut said

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Tansut technically say that Erdirck wasn't confirmed 100% to him. Rather that he mentioned that name and didn't get a "no".

I still believe it's a DQ character but I don't want to misinterpret what's tansut said

Haven't people been speculating that since the code name "Brave" has been used for every DQ main protagonist, that it could be a Bowser Jr. situation, where it's basically 11 different characters each with the same move set?

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
If the portbegging on twitter is strong enough to get Wonderful 101 TRENDING, maybe it deserves a second chance. It is Kamiya's best game (don't @ me) and it deserved better to be a footnote of the Wii U, itself a footnote in Nintendo history.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have an exact time for when the earnings release drops / the following investor briefing? I'd like to add more accurate countdown clocks to the OP.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's been talked about to death in OT 1 and this one, but I kinda agree with some people saying Nintendo's line up feeling weak this year.

And this is only a personal feeling, as I'm not excited for Mario Maker (I will probably buy it anyway), Fire Emblem (the school setting is weird to me), Astral Chain (see the appeal, but not my cup of tea), Animal Crossing (my wife is excited), Luigi's Mansion (just not excited, but might be when they actually reveal more).

I sound like a negative Nancy right now, because even Pokémon isn't pulling me in this year. The only definite buy for me this year on my Switch is Link's Awakening.

All of that being said, it's gonna be okay. I'll probably buy more than I expect to, and enjoy more than I expect as well.

Just wanted to feel the hype of 2017 again. It only took two titles, BOTW and Odyssey, to make the whole year shine for me.

I don't know why I'm typing this out, but my wife doesn't want to hear it again, that's for sure. What's a gaming enthusiast forum (and a Nintendo Direct hype cycle thread) for if not for this?

Sky Walker

Oct 25, 2017
I have a stupid question and I don't know if this is the right place or not but here it is: Is HAL owned by Nintendo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.