• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Yes but those trailers aren't made then targeted at the marvel studios subreddit. They're made for mass market appeal. A direct only showing Joker and a couple new modes isn't going to sell fighters passes because most people watching already have it were as a shorter trailer aimed at people who either haven't bought the game yet or aren't as into Smash as we are would make more sense for something like this.

And a Direct showing Joker (and possibly another fighter) will make a net profit off of production costs from people who chose to buy those Fighters/the whole pass. There is no reason for them to break this trend of how they've handled basically every Smash reveal. You are way overthinking it.

superbright

Feb 11, 2019
United Kingdom
And a Direct showing Joker (and possibly another fighter) will make a net profit off of production costs from people who chose to buy those Fighters/the whole pass. There is no reason for them to break this trend of how they've handled basically every Smash reveal. You are way overthinking it.
It would make sense to do a Direct if they showed another fighter, but remove that and it doesn't make sense

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
here's a list of potential Smash DLC I could maybe see being detailed in a random twitter video drop instead of a Direct situation:
- an extra stage a la Super Mario Maker
- a bundle of Mii Costumes
- the end

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
The fact that they deliberately refused to show Joker gameplay in the last direct is proof enough that we're getting a Smash Direct about him and Stage Builder.

The only question is if it'll be this week or if we'll have to wait for Atlus to officially announce Jane at their stupid concert first.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo created the hunger for a new Smash Direct when they teased the 3.0 Update during the last Direct. They had the audience right there. To argue that they'll just do some Twitter trailer after what happened in the last Direct makes no sense to me.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo knows what they did in the February Direct. I would expect Brave to be announced in a Smash direcr.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
So...

TIME FOR THE SECOND WEEK OF AVATAR BETS

IF YOU BELIEVE IN ALL YOUR HEART THE NINTENDO DIRECT IS COMING THIS WEEK, REPLY TO THIS WITH A #TEAMTHISWEEK

IF YOU ARE TOO WEARY TO BELIEVE IN THIS, REPLY TO THIS WITH A #TEAMNOTTHISWEEK

#TEAMTHISWEEK

#TEAMNOTTHISWEEK

• OwOtacon*

Last edited:

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
We've been told that Nintendo had more in the plans for release this year than we know.

I trust those plans will be made known to us sooner that June, but I don't know if they'll manifest through a direct.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
I could totally see Nintendo revealing the the next Smash DLC character when they detail Joker, even if it's just so they can keep they can keep the advertising for the Fighter Pass fresh.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not expecting a General Direct with E3 right around the corner.

I am expecting a Direct dedicated to Smash Bros. soon because they teased the 3.0 Update back in February instead of revealing the information there.

superbright

Feb 11, 2019
United Kingdom
D4NjwoJW0AUqe-u.jpg

This image really does sum up being a nintendo fan right now.

Credit: https://twitter.com/NinNakajima

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I simply refuse to believe that Nintendo/Sakurai are just going to dump a huge Smash Bros. update on Twitter and just leaving it at that.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
"Hey Joker went viral after the VGA rewards, should we follow up with a trailer and explanation from Sakurai like always?"

"Nah, just drop that shit on Twitter. We gotta sell more Labos!"

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if Mario Maker 2 will be delayed if we dont see it by the end of April. Nintendo is cutting it really close on detailing that game.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I think people who are extremely smug about their Direct predictions should be drafted into avatar bets by force

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Wonder if Mario Maker 2 will be delayed if we dont see it by the end of April. Nintendo is cutting it really close on detailing that game.
I don't think it'll be delayed, but it is weird that they haven't dropped something yet.

Mario Maker has more of a chance of getting random info dropped on Twitter than Smash does imo.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Sakurai: I loved Persona 5 and gushed about it in Famitsu and was so excited about adding Joker I literally went to Atlus HQ and hugged Morgana. So I decided to not talk about the Smash update and just dump it on social media. (Laughs)

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
For me it's less that I absolutely don't think there will be a Smash Direct, it's that I won't find one worth watching. None of the stuff they have in the pipeline besides "Brave" (who is Erdrick) interests me.

I'd much rather have a regular Direct.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Just saying, if you put your bet where your mouth is then I'll be more likely to believe you

And that goes to both sides. I want to know who's on what team

#NintendoDirectCivilWar

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Could an "out of nowhere" game announcement happen at a possible April direct? I'm guessing not first party but third party maybe? My guess would be Devil may Cry HD Collection for August release. From Namco we could get Code Vein announcement after God Eater 3. Code Vein is being delayed for undisclosed reason, maybe they're doing a Switch port?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
What do people think of the 8.0.0 update?
Took long enough for us to get sorting options, zooming is a neat accessibility feature (especially for a potential Switch Mini), transferring specific game saves to another system is cool, being able to dig up older news articles is neat and the Parental options for VR implies we might see a lot more use for it.

But they messed up by not adding a Poochy avatar, so the entire thing is a 0/10

Status
Not open for further replies.