• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Next week just feels right for a September Direct. September feels like the kinda month Sword and Shield news will be of a significant amount and they would likely want to instead place it in the direct and not in a separate video, 3rd Parties from Japan would likely want to get some free AD time in a direct before TGS, and it would be hot on the heels of theor Gamescom preference which would give them more breathing room to show off new games and have more 3rd parties as a majority of their fall and winter games had shown up there.

Also since it was mentioned, I expect Metroid Prime Trilogy to be a late 2020 early 2021 title with a graphics update somewhere between Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, and surprisingly enough Nintendo got Bluepoint Games to handle it. I dunno how the hell it will happen, I just have a gut feeling it will.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Emily has basically confirmed the direct. No point in speculating if it will happen.

The Direct won't be announced on Monday (September 2). That's Labor Day. Tuesday for the announcement with the direct being September 3 or September 4.

Nintendo Land being stuck in the wiiu is super sad

I want a Nintendo Land 2 =/
Same. I really want Nintendo Land 2. I love Nintendo Land. I had so much fun. Charming all around.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Here's my official prediction for things in next Direct that we have not yet seen.

May I be forced to play nothing but Xenoblade for all eternity if none of this comes in fruition (if there is a direct)

Pikmin 3
Super Mario 3D World (TWO PORTS, OUTRAGE!)

NEW PAPER MARIO! WOOO!!!

New IP from internal Devs

Even MORE PLATINUM GAMES!

Squaresoft brings out Bravely ports for Switch AND announces a new game.

That niche jrpg about demons and such from Atlus that I can't remember the name from.

Mario + Rabbids Sequel. Features More characters and more varied overworld. Core Gameplay the same.
Gods and Monsters collab with Kid Icarus

Lots, lots, lots, lots, lots of 3rd party games from all sorts of publishers.

Civ6 Expansions

That's it. MASSIVE Direct.

(Use of capital letters intended to emphasize the massiveness of the direct, not to annoy).

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Judging by the timeline set out for the last few months, we should be getting Sword and Shield news next week.

If there's an announcement ahead of time, it could have implications for whether or not a Direct is happening- I don't see them doing a standalone YouTube video one day and repeating the info in a Direct the next.

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
If there is going to be another Mario/Rabbids game, for the love of christ please let them put Rayman in it this time. It still leaves a sour taste in my mouth that those proto-minions not only took over his franchise, but also got to co-star with Mario before he did.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
You are easily forgiven for forgetting Shin Megami Tensei V considering how long it's been since they've said anything about it.
Thank you. I did google "Niche jrpg with demons and such from atlus" and it gave me basically the entire catalogue :)

Honestly though I think that it's going to find pretty good success on Switch. Everything seemingly does.

If there is going to be another Mario/Rabbids game, for the love of christ please let them put Rayman in it this time. It still leaves a sour taste in my mouth that those proto-minions not only took over his franchise, but also got to co-star with Mario before he did.

More Mario characters and Rayman chars would be fantastic combo.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Emily has basically confirmed the direct. No point in speculating if it will happen.

The Direct won't be announced on Monday (September 2). That's Labor Day. Tuesday for the announcement with the direct being September 3 or September 4.

Same. I really want Nintendo Land 2. I love Nintendo Land. I had so much fun. Charming all around.
When did Emily do this

EDIT: Nvm found it.

Last edited:

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Judging by the timeline set out for the last few months, we should be getting Sword and Shield news next week.

If there's an announcement ahead of time, it could have implications for whether or not a Direct is happening- I don't see them doing a standalone YouTube video one day and repeating the info in a Direct the next.
I think if it gets a separate TPCi video it won't show up in the direct, but I also don't thinl they wpuld do a September Direct without its presence. What I mean is I'm currently sitting on the assumption if there is no Pokemon video next week direct is the week after but if the Direct gets annlunced next week there will be no Pokemon Video as it will be within the direct.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017

Nah, it'll be announced the day before regardless

So either 3rd announcement 4th Direct or 4th announcement 5th direct

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why are people expecting a direct next week? Any rumours going around with credibility or is it just because it will be September.
We've heard from people such as Emily that there is a Direct upcoming, and Nintendo generally makes a presentation before Tokyo Games Show kicks off, which lands it squarely next week.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Find me a person who would be upset as The Goose being character #5 in the Fighter Pass.

I defy you.

Mirev

Jun 8, 2018
Don't forget Pokémon news. We will get them. How and when is still unknown, but based on the past:

First week of sept: Pokémon News;
Second week (before tgs): Nintendo Direct.

Or maybe two directs.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Find me a person who would be upset as The Goose being character #5 in the Fighter Pass.

I defy you.

220px-Geese_Howard.png

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Don't forget Pokémon news. We will get them. How and when is still unknown, but based on the past:

Or maybe two directs.

TGS is on the second week of September this year. Starts on the 11th. I don't know if there's time for something like this.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Did Emily really confirm a Direct though? I mean, we all expect one soon. There will be one in the next month or so. I just don't want to put all stock into the next couple of weeks.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did Emily really confirm a Direct though? I mean, we all expect one soon. There will be one in the next month or so. I just don't want to put all stock into the next couple of weeks.
I mean she's not posting here for no reason. She keeps talking like the Direct is coming. She wouldn't be here now if the Direct was coming in October.

Yeah I figured you knew, just making sure

Some people really get worked up when we're expecting a direct and the announcement doesn't come 2 days before for some reason. The past three at least have all been one day before

No need to get worked up for sure lol.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Or maybe two directs.
TGS starts in the second week of September- if we're going by patterns alone, we'd expect the Direct next week, probably with the Pokémon news bundled in.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017

"The next month or so" is negligibly different from "the next couple of weeks". Let yourself be hyped my dude.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I really want to do a poll/thread on predicting the date of the next Direct. Avatar bets and all. Not sure if there's enough time though

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Date may have changed, so please be gentle, but I'm pretty sure it's next week. First week of September.
Covers Autumn - Winter games (Sept 2019 through March 2020)

Like some people mentioned earlier, they would need to have the Direct before TGS.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Date may have changed, so please be gentle, but I'm pretty sure it's next week. First week of September.
Covers Autumn - Winter games (Sept 2019 through March 2020)

Like some people mentioned earlier, they would need to have the Direct before TGS.

Awesome, thanks. I sure hope nobody gives you any problems if that turns out not to be the case though.

I'm guessing we'll get a tease or two about 2020 games after March, considering we got two announcements at last year's Fall Direct that were late 2019/early 2020 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.