• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
So unless Nintendo somehow hid an Odyssey 2 bombshell from the press and insiders, it seems safe that we can rule that reveal out. I still think Paper Mario, 2D Metroid, Retro/Donkey Kong, Monolith Soft, Mario sports game, Warioware, Pikmin 3/4, the potential Gamecube port/remake, etc. are all still in play. Nothing besides 3D Mario equals BotW2 imo
They also hid BotW 2 from insiders, so everything is possible - even though I think that Odissey 2 would be revealed the same year in which it would be released.
I really hope for a first teaser of the new Monolith Soft's project as the usual "one last thing".

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
I would like a new Mario RPG. But not Paper Mario or Mario + Luigi. I know a true sequel to SMRPG is off the table, but they could make an RPG that is part of a new series. I think it's time, given the age of (dedicated) handhelds are over. It's time for a proper Mario that has proper 3D, Odyssey-tier graphics.
I mean didnt they just do that with Mario + Rabbids.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
They also hid BotW 2 from insiders, so everything is possible - even though I think that Odissey 2 would be revealed the same year in which it would be released.
I really hope for a first teaser of the new Monolith Soft's project as the usual "one last thing".
They totally did hide BotW2, but I don't think anyone in this thread who has knowledge of how Nintendo handles general Directs has said whether they also reveal their general Directs to the press and media, as opposed to only giving that treatment to their E3 directs.

Oct 25, 2017
Gah. There's two major behind the scenes things I want to see: whatever project Retro was on before Prime 4, and what Namco's Prime 4 looked like before it was canned.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
You guys know there's no big holiday - first party Nintendo developed title -scheduled at all for November or December right? I mean we're getting Pokémon but that's from gamefreak/TPC.

My guess is either Animal Crossing was originally supposed to fill in that slot before it was delayed, or they've held their cards close to their chest and plan on unveiling it this week. What game could it be? I'm guessing a 3D World port.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
You guys know there's no big holiday - first party Nintendo developed title -scheduled at all for November or December right? I mean we're getting Pokémon but that's from gamefreak/TPC.

My guess is either Animal Crossing was originally supposed to fill in that slot before it was delayed, or they've held their cards close to their chest and plan on unveiling it this week. What game could it be? I'm guessing a 3D World port.
TPC might as well be Nintendo, they only exist independently because the entirety of the Pokemon empire would be too much for Nintendo to handle alongside everything else Nintendo has on its olate, so a separate company exists to steward the franchise.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017

Or it's because Pokemon is a massive seller and Nintendo could easily rely on that, besides it's rumoured that there is one more Nintendo title for this year not announced for December.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia

Thanks to Emily, we know Nintendo has a game up their sleeves for December (but it isn't a Wii U port or digital title).

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
I just need Donkey Kong and Metroid. Can't believe all we got from DK so far on Switch was a port and a DLC.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
With Retro out of the running, it's time for Good-Feel to step up to the plate and develop Donkey Kong's Junk Jungle, where DK is transported to a world entirely made of garbage.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Finally the return of K. Rool and the Kremlings people have been asking for.

k-rool-screen-ko-png.181166

You're killing me!

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
INSIDER LEAKS.

direct is at least 2 minutes long.

there will be at least a new switch game revealed but don't know what.

ps5 is NOT there.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I thought the E3 2019 Direct was good, but also very safe and generally predictable. Good in the sense that it delivered a lot of quality content, which is really want you want, but safe in that much of it was expected or extrapolating on know titles. A vast, vast majority of the big stuff demonstrated in the Direct was focused on games that had already been announced and shown in some form, the Direct acting like a bit of a finality to show them off as we were lead into the months before their release. Great to see Luigi's Mansion 3 in full form, more footage of Link's Awakening, Astral Chain, and Fire Emblem. Hero was leaked, but we all expected a Smash reveal. Even stuff like No More Heroes 3, extremely welcome as the CGI trailer was, were 'expected' given its predecessor. Lots of welcome but superficial and late third party ports (Resident Evils), some of which were leaked (The Witcher 3). Banjo and Breath of the Wild 2 were really the biggest Nintendo specific surprises. And the Panzer Dragoon remake.

Not that I mind. Nintendo does this all the time. When they've got a lot of known titles out there that are obviously going to be a huge focus for a good few months they tend to have a big Direct kinda dedicated to the lot of them. Some people walk away a bit disappointed, and I understand that, but given the purpose of Directs is to basically act like video PR for both new and existing games it's important Nintendo do have stuff like showing off a proper gameplay demo of Luigi's Mansion 3, and extra content on A Link's Awakening.

I think the main thing now is that we're at the stage where we don't need to see a massive amount more on these games. We'll definitely get more in the next Direct, but the gameplay blowouts are out of the way. The real question is what Nintendo have in store for 2020+, beyond Animal Crossing and Bayonetta 3, the latter of which we've seen nothing of.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
You guys are over analyzing this. If Nintendo could keep botw 2 a secret from insiders then they could do it again for a different game

For what it's worth, I think Nintendo is still good at keeping secrets. To the best of my knowledge, Nintendo's unannounced first party game (the infamous Mystery game #4) still hasn't been leaked, rumored, guessed, or accurately predicted anywhere on the internet. It's a retail game with a strong chance of releasing before the end of this year. Which means, there's a 100% chance of it appearing in the Direct.

So yeah, Nintendo is still good at keeping secrets/surprises....sometimes, lol.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For what it's worth, I think Nintendo is still good at keeping secrets. To the best of my knowledge, Nintendo's unannounced first party game (the infamous Mystery game #4) still hasn't been leaked, rumored, guessed, or accurately predicted anywhere on the internet. It's a retail game with a strong chance of releasing before the end of this year. Which means, there's a 100% chance of it appearing in the Direct.

it hasn't been guessed?! how is that possible? unless it's a new IP...

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
I think the main thing now is that we're at the stage where we don't need to see a massive amount more on these games. We'll definitely get more in the next Direct, but the gameplay blowouts are out of the way. The real question is what Nintendo have in store for 2020+, beyond Animal Crossing and Bayonetta 3, the latter of which we've seen nothing of.
I doubt we'll see any 2020+ beyond stuff in this direct. Feels like they'd save that stuff for the January Direct.

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018

We know its fucking Chibi Robo.

Even earlier, it was in January when he said that 2D Zelda will be this year and 3D Zelda next year. So we knew about both games even before LA remake was announced.
Even earlier!

So I don't know why there's people saying Nintendo successfully hid BotW2 from insiders.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Mario Golf would be an interesting Late November/December game. Camelot has released Mario Golf and Mario Tennis games in back-to-back years before.

They totally did hide BotW2, but I don't think anyone in this thread who has knowledge of how Nintendo handles general Directs has said whether they also reveal their general Directs to the press and media, as opposed to only giving that treatment to their E3 directs.
They did, but Nintendo traditionally shows their E3 Directs to the press and media, whereas we are unsure of whether they do the same for their general Directs

How do you think press sites have stories ready to go the instant the news in the Direct drops? I think it's pretty clear that the media gets access to embargoed Nintendo Direct materials at least a day or so in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.