• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
As we come to a close for 2019, do you think this year was better than 2017 for Switch (personally)?
2019 has much more to offer in terms of notable new games and especially for new Switch owners but, on the flip side, 2017 had the GotG; The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and I'm someone who'd take one amazing game over 10 great ones. It's a bit hard to say, really. Overall, I really enjoyed both years and they're at least better than 2018, which still had some big releases, like Super Smash Bros Ultimate and Hollow Knight. Overall, there hasn't been a weak year for me yet on the Switch. Crossing my fingers that 2020 is even better

Pikmin 3 doing a million on Wii U was super respectable since everything on it underperformed at best and bombed at worst thanks to the low install base.
That gives me hope that we'll see Pikmin 4 on the Switch at some point or another. If not that, then at least port Pikmin 3 so it's on a system people give a shit about

OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Funny thing is, I wasn't actually interested in a Pikmin 3 port for awhile, since I played so much of it on the Wii U already.

That changed when Emily told us it would have new single player content, lol.
I'm just really excited for another good year on Switch. Switch has gotten me to spend more time playing games than ever before in my life and it's created a lot of fond social memories. I'm really happy that the Switch exists and I'm excited for what the year has to come.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I'm just really excited for another good year on Switch. Switch has gotten me to spend more time playing games than ever before in my life and it's created a lot of fond social memories. I'm really happy that the Switch exists and I'm excited for what the year has to come.
Definitely; i'm just excited to see everything coming down the pipeline next year, since we've barely scratched the surface on Nintendo's lineup. The Switch is easily up there as one of the best Nintendo console eras; in terms of game releases, hype/discussion and my own experiences playing games. Getting together locally with friends was a chore during the Wii U era (took awhile just to set everything up; since no one had one and I had to haul mine all over the place); so the Switch is infinitely better in that regard.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I beat super metroid for the first time ever thanks to snes online. Its the first metroid ive ever beaten, easily one of my top 20 games of all time now, im craving a new 2d metroid game now so i hope next year delivers

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I beat super metroid for the first time ever thanks to snes online. Its the first metroid ive ever beaten, easily one of my top 20 games of all time now, im craving a new 2d metroid game now so i hope next year delivers
You should definitely play Zero Mission in the meantime if you're craving more Metroid; Samus Returns and Fusion are good too.

antonio

Jan 12, 2018
For me 2019 was much better than 2017. I got Bloodstained, Ori, Catlevania anniversary collection, Cuphead and SNES games. Those are not Switch exclusives, but it is great to play them on a potable device and my favorite console. Not everyone cares about Mario and Zelda, I am fed up with them actually. I want and like only Donkey Kong among Nintendo first party titles. I also like Yoshi, but it all goes back to Yoshi's island. Other games in the franchise were not nearly as good. In conclusion, I am waiting for Donkey Kong games, more SNES games and interesting indie games.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Not only am I hoping for a sequel, which has amazing potential, but I'm hoping to receive it within Switch's lifespan.
Its pretty cool.

It took a while to finally click with this game. It is the first game from Platinum to do so for me personally. I love the music and setting, but its a bit more slow compared to their other games.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It feels odd Earthbound Beginnings still isn't on the NES Online. You've had obscure stuff come yet no Earthbound Beginnings. Earthbound isn't out on SNES, but they can be contributed to the SNES online only being out 3 months.

I'd like to look into this meaning something greater is coming for the series, but I don't see it (I want some remake badly though)

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
For me 2019 was much better than 2017. I got Bloodstained, Ori, Catlevania anniversary collection, Cuphead and SNES games. Those are not Switch exclusives, but it is great to play them on a potable device and my favorite console. Not everyone cares about Mario and Zelda, I am fed up with them actually. I want and like only Donkey Kong among Nintendo first party titles. I also like Yoshi, but it all goes back to Yoshi's island. Other games in the franchise were not nearly as good. In conclusion, I am waiting for Donkey Kong games, more SNES games and interesting indie games.
The Switch is unique and different enough that it's not weird to buy a Switch for third party games. There is plenty of content for pretty much everybody except the AAA crowd.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
It feels odd Earthbound Beginnings still isn't on the NES Online. You've had obscure stuff come yet no Earthbound Beginnings. Earthbound isn't out on SNES, but they can be contributed to the SNES online only being out 3 months.

I'd like to look into this meaning something greater is coming for the series, but I don't see it (I want some remake badly though)

The dream would be a Collection of Mana style release with Earthbound Beginnings, Earthbound, and a newly localized Mother 3.

Probably won't happen, sadly.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

The dream would be a Collection of Mana style release with Earthbound Beginnings, Earthbound, and a newly localized Mother 3.

Probably won't happen, sadly.
That exact collection done by M2 is my dream. It would be absolutely incredible.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Trucking along on Witcher 3. That really is some kind of a black magic port.

And I just started Star Wars JFO and I really like it too. Outer Worlds, Control, and Collection of Mana on Switch.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate. What're you playing?

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
A lot a lot a lot of Monster Hunter World Iceborne, the base game was already sooo good but Iceborne feels like a sequel more than a DLC, it's crazy stupid good and ambitious ! I've been waiting until winter to start it because of the snow theme.

Started Death Stranding too, 2 days ago, love it.

And my sister bought me Pokémon Sword for Christmas, only played one hour, can't wait to play more of it. Have been thinking about my Pokémon team since the leaks, can't wait to have my full team.

My mom got me Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, but I'm already playing a lot of games so I'll probably wait until early january to start it !

Also bought recently Deadly Premonition's Switch port (physical) and River City Girls (physical too, Limited Run Games), will also play it around early january !

Christo750

May 10, 2018
A lot a lot a lot of Monster Hunter World Iceborne, the base game was already sooo good but Iceborne feels like a sequel more than a DLC, it's crazy stupid good and ambitious ! I've been waiting until winter to start it because of the snow theme.

Started Death Stranding too, 2 days ago, love it.

And my sister bought me Pokémon Sword for Christmas, only played one hour, can't wait to play more of it. Have been thinking about my Pokémon team since the leaks, can't wait to have my full team.

My mom got me Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, but I'm already playing a lot of games so I'll probably wait until early january to start it !

Also bought recently Deadly Premonition's Switch port (physical) and River City Girls (physical too, Limited Run Games), will also play it around early january !
Yo I can't believe I forgot about River City Girls!! Meant to check that out back in September but time got away from me too quickly.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to NintenEra.

Holiday Smash and Mario Party is on the docket tonight.

Oct 27, 2017
Happy holidays, you guys.

I really hope we get a direct soon. Considering Animal Crossing is releasing soon-ish, we should expect an AC direct, right?I feel like we know very little about the game.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
The greatness that was BOTW, Odyssey, XBC2, M+R and MK8D in one year has not been topped by 2019's combo of FETH, Astral Chain, DQXI S and Pokémon Sword. 2017 is still the best year of the Switch for me.

Trucking along on Witcher 3. That really is some kind of a black magic port.

And I just started Star Wars JFO and I really like it too. Outer Worlds, Control, and Collection of Mana on Switch.

Just finished Act 2 of DQXI S, taking a break and playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Ori right now (unfortunately, it reminds me I don't really like 2d platformers, but it's the best one I've tried so far and I'm going to keep trying). After that, I'm going for a 3rd playthrough in FETH (Blue Lions route).

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
As we come to a close for 2019, do you think this year was better than 2017 for Switch (personally)?
It looks like 2019 was great. For me, 2017 was stronger because I played the double-whammy of BOTW and Super Mario Odyssey, the former blowing my mind and the latter providing tons of fun. However, 2019 had so much more content from everywhere.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Probably will play some Rogue Squadron or KOTOR to wash out the taste from Rise of Skywalker.

I suggest you to wait a little for those. Aspyr said there will be more surprises like Jedi Knight on Switch and KOTOR seems to be good pick for the next HD remaster.

My personal wishes from them are Force Unleashed 1-2 (they may not be classic SW games buy they were super fun) and Republic Commando.

1 gift from stealthyfrog

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Deleted member 51691!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Deleted member 51691 said:
Happy holidays, everyone!

These are our awesome prizes:

• Nintendo Switch (NA) Nintendo Switch (NA): Nintendo eShop $10 gift card - Won by LukasManak22 LukasManak22 (40 entries)

Status
Not open for further replies.