• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Kirby then Yoshi then Animal Crossing. They always do this March game. Animal Crossing is finally the big meat and potatoes games. Well BotW was March 2017.

I want Nintendo to push for a big title every March if they can.
Ideally, Nintendo should have a big March, June, September and November game.

Not an easy task, I'll admit but I think they'll nail it in 2020.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I could see it. I'm expecting a lot of big games like Paper Mario, 2D Metroid, BotW 2, Odyssey 2, etc. so there's different spots they can place them. Not sure what they'll put in June. XenoblaDE seems like the best choice for the big June game.

Will Nintendo have a big May game? It was assumed Fire Emblem Three Houses would've been the big May game this year if it wasn't delayed. We came into 2019 knowing it was a spring 2019 game.

This time we have no clue what Nintendo could have for April or May. I feel like if there's a big title for May from Nintendo it has to be announced in the January direct. They can't wait until a March direct to announce it.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia

Well, March is Animal Crossing, and November is reserved for Pokémon. Xenoblade can slot into June (anniversary and all), but I have no idea what to place in September, lol.

There are plenty of games that could release next year, but I have no idea where to place them on a calendar prediction.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, March is Animal Crossing, and November is reserved for Pokémon. Xenoblade can slot into June (anniversary and all), but I have no idea what to place in September, lol.

There are plenty of games that could release next year, but I have no idea where to place them on a calendar prediction.
You think Pokémon is coming next year? It seems like people are split 50/50 on this and I'm not sure what to think lol

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'm not sure where else to ask this as searching didn't yield anything for me... is there a Switch technical problem thread? My son opened his Switch and it was painful getting it setup. It kept dropping the internet connection. And it's still doing it. I have autoconnect turned on.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even if Pokémon comes next year I'm already expecting either Odyssey 2 or BotW 2. They'll just release in October while Pokémon releases in November

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
There's also the fact of I don't think I could go though the whole Pokemon discourse cycle next year all over again

And I'm not even a fan of the series or participate. It's just impossible to avoid and extremely toxic

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
pokemon will release in october next year. the november title is botw2.

mark this post.
Flip the months around and you'll probably be right (at least, i'm predicting something similar); November has been reserved for Pokemon since 2014 (X & Y was the last main-series released in a different month; October). Could be time for a change though, I guess.

Oct 27, 2017
I think this year will be solid but I'm only looking forward to Animal Crossing, lol. But I can see them revealing Pikmin 4 in a January Direct with a summer release or so. Also, I'm willing to bet either Metroid or BOTW 2 will be releasing in December. Bayonetta 3 could also be their strong September release.

Also, and for the love of God, I'm dying for some Mario RPGs. I'm hoping they'll go back to their Paper Mario roots...

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
I hope there's never a direct again so the people who had to make that incredible Geoff is God Zelda 2 picture their avatar have to keep that forever.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
My hope for pokemon is that they do a 3rd version for sw/sh, I'm worried that like gen 6 they'll sweep it under the rug and just move on. While I'm not the most patriotic person, especially lately, I'd hate the UK region games to remain so marred by controversy. And for the love of Arceus take a year off.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I think this year will be solid but I'm only looking forward to Animal Crossing, lol. But I can see them revealing Pikmin 4 in a January Direct with a summer release or so. Also, I'm willing to bet either Metroid or BOTW 2 will be releasing in December. Bayonetta 3 could also be their strong September release.

Also, and for the love of God, I'm dying for some Mario RPGs. I'm hoping they'll go back to their Paper Mario roots...
I'm just wondering how the Pikmin 3 port will play into Pikmin 4's reveal and release timing. They could be revealed together, but there needs to be some gap between their releases, right?

I'm feeling September for Bayonetta 3 too; hopefully we see it in the first Direct of the year.

Paper Mario seems like a strong contender for this year. Before AlphaDream went under I wasn't sure who would get their Mario RPG out first; but for better or worse (the latter), that answer is clear now.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
My hope for pokemon is that they do a 3rd version for sw/sh, I'm worried that like gen 6 they'll sweep it under the rug and just move on. While I'm not the most patriotic person, especially lately, I'd hate the UK region games to remain so marred by controversy. And for the love of Arceus take a year off.
Sword and Shield set itself up pretty well for a Gen 5-style follow-up; but I felt the same way about Gen 7, so Game Freak can easily prove me wrong.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
there's no reason for them not to do DLC. paying $60 for a fixed version of the game is some bullshit, but a smaller priced upgrade? I like pokemon too much

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
there's no reason for them not to do DLC. paying $60 for a fixed version of the game is some bullshit, but a smaller priced upgrade? I like pokemon too much
190208-stock-money-fanned-out-ew-317p_fa445b2f6f3e86a3ffa18707e6a8adcb.jpg

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
just because there's no reason not for them to make dlc, doesn't mean I think they won't make excuses.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
Emily has talked about the Pikmin 3 port and Pikmin 4 as separate projects; I don't think this will be a Splatoon situation where someone along the chain is mistaking a new game for a port.

Or are you implying something else?

Emily isn't infallible so anything is possible. The apparent reason for the port of 3 being delayed was that they were adding additional content in and it was taking longer than expected. But why would they be adding content to 3 if Pikmin 4 is on the horizon? Something about that makes no sense to me

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just wondering how the Pikmin 3 port will play into Pikmin 4's reveal and release timing. They could be revealed together, but there needs to be some gap between their releases, right?

I'm feeling September for Bayonetta 3 too; hopefully we see it in the first Direct of the year.

Paper Mario seems like a strong contender for this year. Before AlphaDream went under I wasn't sure who would get their Mario RPG out first; but for better or worse (the latter), that answer is clear now.

Do we know for sure that Pikmin 3 port is coming? I mean, in that case I don't really see Pikmin 4 coming anytime soon unless they do something a la "Pikmin year" where they release a bunch of stuff related to Pikmin, but I doubt it.

I'm really sad about AlphaDream, and I guess a bit concerned since maybe Nintendo is over Mario RPG's.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Emily isn't infallible so anything is possible.
How about Zell and Nate? Good timing for me on the latter I guess, lol.

The apparent reason for the port of 3 being delayed was that they were adding additional content in and it was taking longer than expected. But why would they be adding content to 3 if Pikmin 4 is on the horizon? Something about that makes no sense to me
We don't know what that new single player content is or how it fits into the game, to be fair. Could be prologue content exploring Olimar and Louie's return to the planet that was scarcely covered in the original game (they were playable in multiplayer, so give them and the Purple/White Pikmin some solo content). Could be a short Louie-related epilogue that sets up for 4. Who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.