• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't think of a modern remake that so many people are saying no to than Super Metroid.

I just want to see this franchise move forward in the 2D space.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
When was the last time we had a year without a new Pokemon game (main series only, new or remake, not counting spin-offs)?

OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
guys I'm stuck in super metroid, should I google it or just keep trying to roll over these blocks fast enough that they don't collapse

edit: I am no longer stuck in super metroid

Last edited:

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
the existence of the run button in Super Metroid fucks me up every time because I've already played the game before and I KNOW I don't get "the item that lets me run" until later

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
guys I'm stuck in super metroid, should I google it or just keep trying to roll over these blocks fast enough that they don't collapse

Hold B while you're running. I had the same issue a few weeks ago (and I've beaten the game several times in the past).

Edit: whoops answered many times

Last edited:

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
I want the direct in January but I just feel like it will be febuary, it makes more sense for animal crossing and smash to have it next month

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I want the direct in January but I just feel like it will be febuary, it makes more sense for animal crossing and smash to have it next month

I'm in the mindset that for Animal Crossing if there is a regular direct in the next ~10 days, then there will probably be an AC direct in February.

As for Smash, there will probably be a smash video of the character later after the character is announced so the timing shouldn't matter.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
I don't see it as making as much sense in that regard - they already started pushing NH on the primary Animal Crossing account pretty much the second the new year started, and a NH post is pinned on the NoA Twitter, so it's not like they're holding back on their big marketing push for that - they could easily hype it now in January and keep the info flowing through March, or exclude it from a January Direct and give it its own next month.

As for Smash, no character has yet been revealed and released in the same month, and although that could change, a don't expect it to.

Nothing makes a Feb. Direct impossible, of course, but I don't think much points to one specifically.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I don't see it as making as much sense in that regard - they already started pushing NH on the primary Animal Crossing account pretty much the second the new year started, and a NH post is pinned on the NoA Twitter, so it's not like they're holding back on their big marketing push for that - they could easily hype it now in January and keep the info flowing through March, or exclude it from a January Direct and give it its own next month.

As for Smash, no character has yet been revealed and released in the same month, and although that could change, a don't expect it to.

Nothing makes a Feb. Direct impossible, of course, but I don't think much points to one specifically.
If we're talking about what makes most sense for Animal Crossing, a ~5 min showcase in a January Direct would kick off a three-month aggressive marketing campaign including a February Animal Crossing Direct.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not really. January makes the most sense for a direct. Announce the Smash character then Sakurai does his video in February with a drop of the character. Animal Crossing gets a spotlight in the January direct, preorders open and Nintendo announces a AC direct for February

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019

True.
I guess I was just thinking nintendo would do some drops like smash charcter is avalible now, pre-order animal crossing now.
Although I suppose they could just do a seperate animal crossing direct and smash video. I guess it depends how much stuff they have to show.

Jul 18, 2018
North Carolina
Super Metroid is my #2, and I agree it does not need a remake.

But, if the original remains available (it is) and a remake would sell well and mean more 2D Metroid (it's got a great chance), then go ahead and remake it. As long as I can play the SNES version I'm good.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Is it controversial to say 3D World had not only a better soundtrack than Odyssey but also better than Galaxy?

Status
Not open for further replies.