• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Animal Crossing already got a dedicated Direct, so I think it will just get something in the upcoming Direct and then ads.
It has not. It showed up at E3, September direct, and a New Years commercial. That's all so far.

New Horizons needs its own direct because it needs a certain pace to dig into the details of that game. The pace and tone needed to explain it would be a downer for a regular direct.

Tialo

Dec 4, 2019
I think that we will get an Animal Crossing dedicated direct in February, so maybe 4-5 weeks before its release. Due to that, I am quite sure that the general direct will be in january. I think it will most probably be on January 9th or 16th.

Parker

Feb 5, 2018
Is it possible that they would bundle Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess? I know, it would be an obviously fair deal but Nintendo would probably want a bigger cut. But I can't see them dragging on any longer in bringing all of these games on the Switch.

It's kinda odd because I don't really see them not releasing 3D World, but they gotta do another Zelda and them having to decide between either seems unlikely too for me.
Is there a rumor for a port bundle?

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
No one should expect an announcement on a Monday. Come back tomorrow or the day after for a realistic chance.

antonio

Jan 12, 2018
It would've been more likely to have DKCR (which looks decent in HD and it also works on the Nvidia Shield) added to Tropical Freeze, but that also didn't happen because they know that they can sell a single game for $60 and still have extraordinary sales.

Yeah, Tropical Freeze port didn't have any problem selling at full price. I would have payed more than 60 USD to play that game on Switch. Plus Funky ;)

Even since I have seen Donkey Kong Country Returns in HD (Nvidia Shield and Dolphin), I want to play it in 1080p with 60 fps. It looks so much better in HD than on Wii and 3DS, it feels like a brand new experience.Hopefully it will be ported in HD at some point in the future.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Reading that makes it sound like the issue is in advertising it as a way to increase intelligence. If they market it as a fun brain exercise and not learning/intelligence gaining app, it should be alright. Right?
I assume so, but Nintendo can be very cautious. They're the company that removed red crosses in Earthbound despite every other company slapping them on medikits simply because they feared a potential lawsuit. The problem, of course, is the previous entries were advertised as improving your brain so without a brand change it will still be associated with that. Of course it's all speculation and they might just be sitting on it for no reason.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have my doubts about a Direct being announced, it's a holiday today in parts of the world

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
As far as I'm concerned, there's not a snowball's chance in hell of a Direct announcement today. I still reckon next week is the time, personally.

Please make me eat my words, Nintendo.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
I highly doubt it would be a mini direct considering they need to reveal the 5th Smash DLC fighter. Unless...it is a mini direct which is followed up with a Smash direct at a later date.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing will be as legendary as that January 2018 thread(s) where it was me, Phantom Thief, TimeFire and possibly a few others that I'm unfortunately forgetting who kept competing for top post count. I think they removed the post count feature because of those threads.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
t1578405600z4.png

superbright

Feb 11, 2019
United Kingdom
As much as I want a direct this week, it just doesn't feel like it's going to happen. Normally I feel like we're more certain it's going to happen than this going into a direct announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.