• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
I've been thinking about this, not sure it warrants it's own thread, but I think Metroid Prime 4 could take a lot of exploration cues from Outer Wilds:

SeveralDishonestCowbird-max-1mb.gif

Imagine getting to fly Samus' ship around a solar system, with different underground systems and facilities on each planet to be explored.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I've been thinking about this, not sure it warrants it's own thread, but I think Metroid Prime 4 could take a lot of exploration cues from Outer Wilds:

Imagine getting to fly Samus' ship around a solar system, with different underground systems and facilities on each planet to be explored.
Oh fuck, I'm so mad you brought this up because it won't be this and now I'll be perpetually disappointed no matter how great the game is.

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
Team 15th reporting for duty

Huh.. So I'm double figures for posts in this thread .. Don't remember that happening :D

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom

Maybe for a later entry, but I'd much rather have one planet fully realised than smaller individual planets, Prime 3 is my least favourite of the trilogy. Might work for a ground up remake of Hunters.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Maybe for a later entry, but I'd much rather have one planet fully realised than smaller individual planets, Prime 3 is my least favourite of the trilogy. Might work for a ground up remake of Hunters.
I've never really thought the 3D games did inter-connected areas that well (or at least Prime 1&3, I still need to go through 2 when the trilogy comes out) so I wouldn't mind them trying something like separate planets that you're free to move between but each has internal gating to get further in.

It would basically be like a Wind Waker approach.

I'm sure one of the billions of text leaks has spoiled it by now, but thankfully it's impossible to tell a real one from a fake.
It's a shame Hamtaro was spoiled so early, I'll never get to experience his reveal live 😔😔😔

Oct 26, 2017

I think it'd be better for them to focus more so on tight level design and what not as opposed to trying to make it somewhat open world. Would be cool though but it'd come at the expense of other things

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
I've never really thought the 3D games did inter-connected areas that well (or at least Prime 1&3, I still need to go through 2 when the trilogy comes out) so I wouldn't mind them trying something like separate planets that you're free to move between but each has internal gating to get further in.

It would basically be like a Wind Waker approach.
1 wasn't too bad, it was mainly having to go through Magmoor for Phendrana every time that was an issue. 2 did it best for sure.

0TLp6kh.png

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The more powerful Switch is coming. It makes sense because there will be a market for it. Something that's refined and has missing features!

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
Id DigiTimes reliable source though? Since they reported Nintendo will be making it's own phone which i doubt. But Wall Street Journal also reported in August about upgraded Switch to there is some truth to it.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Do you really think there will be Direct this week or next week? Stop a moment and think for a moment guys.
The Christmas holidays ended a few days ago, they will have been on vacation with their families during Christmas, a Direct needs to prepare all the content and have it ready, not only your content, but also the content of third parties.
It is obvious that during the Christmas holidays they have not edited the material that they will show in the Direct and surely they have not requested the content for Direct to the third parties, because they have also been on Christmas holidays with their families. You can say, maybe they asked for the content and prepared the Direct before the beginning of the Christmas holidays? Surely not because there would be many projects without updating or with less content in information to show.

I think it could take place at the end of January, even in February or March it wouldn't be far fetched.

Directs are planned and/or recorded weeks/months in advance, so a few days off during December would not push it back.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo Switch Pro, launching with Ocarina of Time HD.

I know a Zelda release would be impossible for Links Awakening a short time ago and BotW sequel approaching.

Rabla

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Worth mentioning just as a theorem that Direct Mini's weren't pre-announced, they just dropped. Last time TWEWY was on a Direct, the Jan '18 one, that was a Mini and it was just "The Direct is out now"

Not saying that it will be a Mini again now but worth keeping in mind as you all sit around waiting for an announcement post.

Gulduur

Oct 28, 2017
Nintendo Switch Pro, launching with Ocarina of Time HD.

I know a Zelda release would be impossible for Links Awakening a short time ago and BotW sequel approaching.
Would Switch really benefit from a "Pro" model? Does the console's catalogue really ask for it? That said, I can't really see what else they could offer as an alternative given the Lite already exists...

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
Let's not get too hyped. Remember the insanity last time and it ended up being improved battery life..

Status
Not open for further replies.