• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Some of them are new. I poke around GameStop's Switch preorders a lot and There were a few Available SKUs listed for a while, but a bunch of those got added in the last week or so.

Thank you for the clarification! This is just a guess on my part, but one of the "Available SKU" that had been listed prior to that could be Bayonetta 3. Best Buy has offered pre-orders for over a year now, yet GameStop has yet to publish a page of its own. Unless they have been accepting pre-orders for it in-store?

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Don't worry people. I asked a magic 8 ball if there would be a direct on Sunday, and it said that signs pointed to Yes.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just got back from vacation and have a shitload of email to catch up on... but who am I kidding, it's direct speculation season and I live here now.

Tialo

Dec 4, 2019
Lol there is no way that Nintendo won't do a Direct until E3. There are plenty of games, that needs specific release dates, also marketing for Animal Crossing and Smash DLC, FE DLC + new announcements. It would be way too long to wait till E3 with all this stuff.

superbright

Feb 11, 2019
United Kingdom
OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I'm starting to think we might actually not get a Direct until E3. Honestly nowadays Nintendo could get by just dropping news on Twitter. We don't NEED a Direct. The games will still come without one.

That being said, if I weren't familiar with the hints on here, I'd think 2020 was going to be an absolutely barren year. Animal Crossing (which I love but many don't), Xenoblade coming at some point, a particularly niche Wii U port, and BOTW2 given treatment one step up from Metroid Prime 4's announcement... our only hope for this year comes from sources outside Nintendo.

hannybunny24

Jun 25, 2018
Germany
Oh, we in doom mode already? No direct till E3? Come on :D That's out of the question, apart from that no one would know that apart from the highest at Nintendo.
Might not be today, might not be this month but something is coming, the longest part of the wait is behind us.

superbright

Feb 11, 2019
United Kingdom
To me a January direct makes more sense, we know we aren't too far from big Xbox and Playstation conferences for their next consoles. January would allow Nintendo to get out ahead of that and show what they've got. Which is exactly why they'll do it it in february, because that doesn't make sense.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Guys, you're supposed to keep irrationally boosting hype up 'til the last moment so you can be either totally crestfallen when nothing happens or utterly triumphant when it does!

Status
Not open for further replies.