• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darrilium

Jan 3, 2020
Last year, we had a General Direct on February 13 then the Pokémon Direct on February 27.

And in 2017, we had the Pokémon Direct on June 6 then the E3 Direct on June 13 so there really isn't any reason to panic. Yet.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What abojt the Smash fighter? Either we get some crazy out of nowhere direct next week or it's a shadow drop in February direct

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Can we all calm down, please? I've already seen hyperbolic takes that would be enough for the next six months.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
"Gee I hope Nintendo announces a new Direct today!"
giphy.gif

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let me ask you..Does Nintendo like to hurt fans? Maybe they get some sick kicks out of it ? Fans are CRAVING for general Nintendo news, we haven't got anything since september, IF (! ) there is a general direct later this month, it's absolutely satanic to announce a pokemon direct before the general direct. I can almost feel their devil horns....!

The feeling of uncertainty about a direct... it's killing me... urghhhhhhh

OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
honestly with my shit internet at home until I go back to university Saturday I'm glad it's something boring I don't give a shit about watching

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
There won't be a General Direct this month. Why would they announce a Pokemon direct before the general direct? Makes no sense...
Because Pokémon loves to announce stuff on its own. It has happened many times before. In 2016 we had a Pokemon Direct on Feb 26 and a general Direct just a week later on March 3, in 2017 there was a Pokémon Direct on June 6 and a general E3 Direct on June 13, in 2019 there was a Pokémon Direct on June 5 and a general E3 Direct on June 11.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because Pokémon loves to announce stuff on its own. It has happened many times before. In 2016 we had a Pokemon Direct on Feb 26 and a general Direct just a week later on March 3, in 2017 there was a Pokémon Direct on June 6 and a general E3 Direct on June 13, in 2019 there was a Pokémon Direct on June 5 and a general E3 Direct on June 11.
Listen to this man. We have proof of a Pokémon direct and the following week had a general direct

MusicProposition

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Ok guys, there were 4 Pokémon Directs within the last 4 years. 3 of them had a general direct (or e3 direct) immediately one week afterwards.
The only exception being February 2019, where the Pokémon direct aired 2 weeks after the general direct.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Next week is still the first half of January. So we still have a chance for a general direct going by Pokémon direct to general direct announcements

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I'm curious to see what the hell they have for Pokemon.

All the cut Pokemon from Home, as well as the GTS, will now be a part of Pokemon Home. All for a subscription. Welcome to the future of the franchise.

Pokemon Sleep.

Mobile.

Movies/merchandise.

That will probably be it.

OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
screenshot the votes now if you want because I'm removing the poll in a minute

edit: nvm just removed vote changing

Sep 29, 2019
I still think a direct could be taking place next week. It's extremely unusual for Pokémon to make a direct so early on in the year. Probably some good surprises there, then more to see in a direct next week.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Now we're talking

Status
Not open for further replies.