• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Well, I guess people can finally write-off a Smash shadow-drop for this Direct (they pushed out a patch to add support for the two amiibo releasing next week), as unlikely as it was.

OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Do we get a new poll for the general Direct?
I'll take suggestions. Right now I'm thinking a #TeamEntrée (Pokémon Direct is completely unrelated to a general) or #TeamAppetizer (Pokémon Direct is merely an "appetizer" and there will be a Direct next week). Basically a next week vs later but with a wacky twist I guess lol

Jan 2, 2018
I'll take suggestions. Right now I'm thinking a #TeamEntrée (Pokémon Direct is completely unrelated to a general) or #TeamAppetizer (Pokémon Direct is merely an "appetizer" and there will be a Direct next week). Basically a next week vs later but with a wacky twist I guess lol

Sounds good to me! I'm sadly not very creative in the middle of the night, so I can't offer alternative team names.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
Has Nintendo ever done a Direct the day before a major release? TMS#FE comes out the day after a would-be Direct on the 16th.

OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
And they say that for a glorious moment in time only the most hopelessly optimistic had voted in the thread poll

edit: and the moment has passed

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for Animal Crossing Direct, followed by Mario Kart Tour Direct, then Labo Direct, 3Ds Direct and finally Ultra Pokemon Direct.

RainRainRain

Jan 15, 2018
Just a little bit of a blast to the past, you all remember when we were dying of thirst due to the Nintendo Direct drought until mid February last year when King Zell had to save us and reassure that we would be getting a direct on WEDNESDAY (a first) and was correct. Team player right there

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I might be misremembering, but didn't Nintendo used to announce general Directs like a week in advance some years ago? And then changed to announcing it just a few days in advance after everything started leaking?

Sep 29, 2019
I might be misremembering, but didn't Nintendo used to announce general Directs like a week in advance some years ago? And then changed to announcing it just a few days in advance after everything started leaking?
I'm pretty sure they used to do that, and switched after. I remember waiting days for a direct before.

[accidently sent this reply with only an I written on the whole thing. Oops, lol]

OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Just a little bit of a blast to the past, you all remember when we were dying of thirst due to the Nintendo Direct drought until mid February last year when King Zell had to save us and reassure that we would be getting a direct on WEDNESDAY (a first) and was correct. Team player right there
I imagine if we get to March without any news this year someone reputable will fill us in.

Sep 29, 2019
Also, the fact Direct-Feed Games claims Saints Row IV is getting ported for the Switch very soon. Plus, it seems like it is a new version? They said Saints Row 4: Re-Election instead of the usual Re-Elected, could have been a typo. Wonder if this ties up to a direct next week too, seeing the sudden announcement of it some days ago [and i doubt they would shadowdrop Saints Row IV out of sudden - it would definetly not sell that much without proprer attention.]

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Also, the fact Direct-Feed Games claims Saints Row IV is getting ported for the Switch very soon. Plus, it seems like it is a new version? They said Saints Row 4: Re-Election instead of the usual Re-Elected, could have been a typo. Wonder if this ties up to a direct next week too, seeing the sudden announcement of it some days ago [and i doubt they would shadowdrop Saints Row IV out of sudden - it would definetly not sell that much without proprer attention.]
It was a typo.

Sep 29, 2019
I mean, a lot of stuff points out for a direct next week, though. It seems some games are just waiting for the direct to be released. Metro Redux, Saints Row IV. The fact Metro got a rating really rings a bell for me, as this usually means it's at least going to be announced soon [and they would've honestly already announced it, if they were doing it themselves, imo]. I'm just reaaally hoping next week has something.

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
In the WiiU early days yeah. In its last year and since the Switch released (mostly) all the Direct announcements are made a couple of days before the event.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
I mean, a lot of stuff points out for a direct next week, though. It seems some games are just waiting for the direct to be released. Metro Redux, Saints Row IV. The fact Metro got a rating really rings a bell for me, as this usually means it's at least going to be announced soon [and they would've honestly already announced it, if they were doing it themselves, imo]. I'm just reaaally hoping next week has something.
I never said SRIV would be in a Direct. Solely that it is coming to Switch. I'm not sure a single THQ Nordic release for Switch has been announced in a Direct.

Sep 29, 2019
I never said SRIV would be in a Direct. Solely that it is coming to Switch. I'm not sure a single THQ Nordic release for Switch has been announced in a Direct.
I am aware that you didn't say it, i was only speculating - sorry if it was misunderstood. Wasn't Saints Row The Third announced on a direct, though? My memory might have been failing me, but i don't remember if it was "twitter"-dropped or not.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
I don't think anyone with insider knowledge will bother voting in the new poll (if that is the reason behind the new one) since their votes were pointed out so publicly in the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.