• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I have hope. Nintendo has done a good job listening to Nintendo fans this gen when it comes to their video game series. Paper Mario is the only series left that needs to return to its roots.

I'm not sure. They've made some claims like the Paper Mario being well in to development and Halo coming to Switch.

Uhh, Star Fox?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo Japan is currently hiring for a 2D level designer. How many 2D games Nintendo EPD still makes?

OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
if we're openly talking about it

who started the whole thing?
I mean, I can accept it -- but why not just present the info that proves it's fake/say where it actually came from if it's fake? Especially if all of the actual insiders and admins allegedly know it already?
That's the thing: we're not.

Even more so than other leakers on the internet, ResetEra leakers and admins care greatly about protecting sources. If someone knows why something is fake, they may know it in a way that could damage a source.

...but then again, it is ostensibly just a cornball hoax, so who knows.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
I hope after some time is passed, someone can clear some light on the Star Fox GP rumours. They're bullshit but they took the entire Nintendo community by storm. Everyone was discussing them. Seems like a curious story.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The sooner everyone (including myself) realizes NOTHING leaks from Retro the better. No DKCR a few days or so before doesn't count. We're talking about actual games way out before announcement.

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
No? Star Fox has plenty games in its roots including the last game...Star Fox needs a new direction.

No, it needs to go back to its SNES/N64 roots. Multiple paths, no on-foot missions, no control/camera gimmicks forced into the player, and a great fucking soundtrack.

Method

Oct 25, 2017
The reason everyone was talking about the sfgp rumor is they wanted retro to be doing something. Instead we still haven't gotten a game from them for years and mp4 will release 10+ years after dkc tropical freeze... Smh.

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, I can accept it -- but why not just present the info that proves it's fake/say where it actually came from if it's fake? Especially if all of the actual insiders and admins allegedly know it already?

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled."

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's the thing: we're not.

Even more so than other leakers on the internet, ResetEra leakers and admins care greatly about protecting sources. If someone knows why something is fake, they may know it in a way that could damage a source.

...but then again, it is ostensibly just a cornball hoax, so who knows.
I get that for real leaks, but if it's all just a big hoax (and there's proof of such) this line of thinking doesn't make sense to me.

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled."
I mean, I guess, people want to believe things that sound cool, so that makes sense.

Just to be clear, I definitely have thought it was fake for a while now, but if people want us to actually put a bullet in the discussion for good then whatever "proof" exists that it's fake should come to light. Otherwise it's just random "trusted" (or not) people on the internet saying "trust me, it's fake". Which isn't really too different from "trust me, it's real" -- but the real things are revealed eventually eventually. If something is demonstrably fake then it should be revealed too.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
The reason everyone was talking about the sfgp rumor is they wanted retro to be doing something. Instead we still haven't gotten a game from them for years and mp4 will release 10+ years after dkc tropical freeze... Smh.
You think prime 4 isn't until 2025? Damn, it's gonna be the only 100 game on metacritic.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Erm. Umm. Yeah I'm done

anyways...

Got to strap those seatbelts in for a Wild ride next week.

tumblr_okr2noxs4c1r8eddeo1_250.gifv

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
You mean RE3 and KH3 Remind? Yeah, those were the big ones probably. Surprised that Capcom decided to give the RE3 reveal to Sony instead of Geoff.

Crash is possible for SOP too, given the fact that he was just featured in that Sony advertisement with that new mask.

Sony seems to have advertisement rights.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You mean RE3 and KH3 Remind? Yeah, those were the big ones probably. Surprised that Capcom decided to give the RE3 reveal to Sony instead of Geoff.

Not surprising at all considering their relationship with Sony. Plus the last two Resident Evil games were revealed at Sony events so it makes further sense.

Last edited:

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not surprising at all concerting their relationship with Sony. Plus the last two Resident Evil games were revealed at Sony events so it makes further sense.
Yeah. Sony has a good relationship and we've seen it with past games revealing at Sony's E3.

Crash is possible for SOP too, given the fact that he was just featured in that Sony advertisement with that new mask.

Sony seems to have advertisement rights.
Crash shouldn't be a year exclusive to Sony though, right? Activision will probably release it on all systems at the same time?

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Yeah. Sony has a good relationship and we've seen it with past games revealing at Sony's E3.

Crash shouldn't be a year exclusive to Sony though, right? Activision will probably release it on all systems at the same time?

Yes. Sony just has the rights to do promotional stuff on it exclusively.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish! I am getting tired of the easy platformers like Mario, Kirby and Yoshi. DK needs to come back in 2020!
Mario-EPD
Kirby- HAL
Yoshi-Good Feel
Wario-Good Feel
DK- ???

Retro is too busy so no one is on DK. I think Nintendo will do it. They could possibly do a Wario game, but maybe Good Feel will want to do another one.

antonio

Jan 12, 2018
I feel like a lot of people wouldn't be accepting of an epd dkc.
Depends how good the game would be. If Retro can`t make it, most DK fans would like EPD to make it, or Next level games, or maybe Playtonic (if suported by Nintendo financially to make a high quality game, I didn`t like their Yooka attempts).

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
man that Arms artwork hurts me in so many ways. why do they choose a complete different (and uglier) style?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like a lot of people wouldn't be accepting of an epd dkc.
I'm not as high on EPD making DK. Reminder I didn't say "DKC". I said 2D DK. So god knows what we might get. Some Congo jungle drum controlling 2D DK game from them. This is not what I want.

I don't think EPD will give us DKC, which is what I want. I don't want any experimental 2D DK game because DKC is the only difficult 2D platformer we get from Nintendo. And to experiment with that is just ugh

Nov 3, 2017
So I rewatched the BotW 2 trailer for the nth time, and something just clicked with me. The trailer has a very prominent focus on hands, gripping to things, and giving someone a helping hand. I am now CONVINCED of the following:

• Link's hand is now imbued with some sort of power
  • There will be co-op of some sort in the game
  • Ganondorf and Link are somehow linked through the power

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
So I rewatched the BotW 2 trailer for the nth time, and something just clicked with me. The trailer has a very prominent focus on hands, gripping to things, and giving someone a helping hand. I am now CONVINCED of the following:

That's a very good call.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Adventure game with male and female protag and a focus on hands?

ueda-465.jpg

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
No, it needs to go back to its SNES/N64 roots. Multiple paths, no on-foot missions, no control/camera gimmicks forced into the player, and a great fucking soundtrack.

Zero has multiple paths, no "on-foot" missions (as in, everything is done in vehicles, like in Star Fox 2) and the soundtrack is actually quite great.

Plus, Star Fox was always gimmicky, all starting with the FX chip. Then the Rumble Pak and so on.

Zero is a root-ass Star Fox game. The Dual Camera is the only new thing it has. Everything else is Star Fox 64-based. Hell, 64 is more distinct from SNES than Zero is to 64 and introduced as much new gameplay ideas as Zero did, like the Landmaster and the All-Range Mode. It's just that people liked those "gimmicks" more.

Last edited:

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Good observation. I already believed in a playable Zelda. Aonuma heard the people years ago. Just like they heard people want to pet dogs according to Fujubayashi.

Maybe they'll finally make a third Paper Mario rpg.
Yes. Let's believe.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda good to see the Star Fox Racing rumour debunked...even though the actual concept, especially coming from Retro, sounded really fucking dope to me.

I don't think I'll ever not be disappointed that Retro put out nothing between Tropical Freeze and (assuming it doesn't go to shit) Prime 4. I'll get over it if Prime 4 is amazing though, haha. Retro, lapse in time aside, will still be 6 for 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.