• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
50 minutes? That's a lot for an event where nothing Nintendo related will be announced this year.

🙃

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
tanosdk.png

Nice.

Mar 23, 2018
Yeah, one of my current guesses is No More Heroes 3 trailer followed right after by No More Heroes 1 and 2 remaster trailer for Switch, PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jon laying down the fucking facts about the legacy of BotW at the Game Awards and why it BotW 2 will be there for holiday 2020 release.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
That Jon's presentation!
Also Super Mario Odyssey 2 is good prediction but i don't see it happening if BOTW2 is there (it will be there).

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would predict it being revealed at the january direct, and release in either april or june.
I don't see it releasing in 2 months, as good as it would be.
Yep. I don't think you can just do a trilogy on its own here. If Prime 4 was close then both would be here together. Trilogy is better for the first Nintendo direct of 2020 (if it's coming in 2020)

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you expect BotW 2, then Odyssey 2 wouldn't be here. I think Nintendo will go with a January and March directs. In the March direct they'll announce Odyssey 2, like they did with Smash.

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
I'm hoping for SMPT to be the most polished shit ever since Nintendo's been sitting on it for years lmao. Just let it see the light of the day, Nintendo.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow Jon said he thinks Halo Reach could be announced here. Now we know many have said Halo is coming to Switch. Didn't one insider specifically say Halo Reach would come? I can't quite remember

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Wow Jon said he thinks Halo Reach could be announced here. Now we know many have said Halo is coming to Switch. Didn't one insider specifically say Halo Reach would come? I can't quite remember

Now that would be a megaton, if Halo MCC or Reach or Xcloud was announced for Switch under a Microsoft Trailer.

Xbox "World Premiere" Branding.

Halo Game is shown, people are confused, then the camera zooms out and it's on a Nintendo Switch.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now that would be a megaton, if Halo MCC or Reach or Xcloud was announced for Switch under a Microsoft Trailer.

Xbox "World Premiere" Branding.

Halo Game is shown, people are confused, then the camera zooms out and it's on a Nintendo Switch.
Yeah it would be crazy. I always felt like whatever Halo is coming to Switch would be announced in a Nintendo direct.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
If you expect BotW 2, then Odyssey 2 wouldn't be here. I think Nintendo will go with a January and March directs. In the March direct they'll announce Odyssey 2, like they did with Smash.
If there is Direct in January/February then there is no need for March Direct. Remember March 2018 Direct happened only because we've got Mini one in January.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Yeah it would be crazy. I always felt like whatever Halo is coming to Switch would be announced in a Nintendo direct.

I could see it either in a Nintendo Direct or at the VGA. I could definitely see Doug Bowser on stage at Xbox E3 to talk about "how happy" he is to have project xcloud on Nintendo Switch as the "ultimate" way to enjoy Project Xcloud on the go.

I could imagine GoldenEye 007 HD (with online cross play) being announced at Xbox E3 and Nintendo's E3 (the day after like with Minecraft Dungeons) one of these years..

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
If there is Direct in January/February then there is no need for March Direct. Remember March 2018 Direct happened only because we've got Mini one in January.
I don't know, january 2017 was the Switch presentation, yet they still did an april direct.
January 2018 mini direct was still a good direct with a bunch of cool reveals, I always felt that it was definitely less "mini" that what its name indicated.

It just depends on how they want to market 2020. If they go fucking wild like in february 2019 (announcing the big Mario game of the year, the big Zelda game of the year, and the big new IP at the same direct, + 2 first party eshop titles was fucking huge), then yeah there's no need for an april/march direct.
But again, last year instead of january, they've waited until february. No one even wanted a direct in march april, people just kept talking about all the big games coming.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I could see it either in a Nintendo Direct or at the VGA. I could definitely see Doug Bowser on stage at Xbox E3 to talk about "how happy" he is to have project xcloud on Nintendo Switch as the "ultimate" way to enjoy Project Xcloud on the go.

I could imagine GoldenEye 007 HD (with online cross play) being announced at Xbox E3 and Nintendo's E3 (the day after like with Minecraft Dungeons) one of these years..
There's definitely options here. I'll be happy with Halo at Game Awards too and Goldeneye lol.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know, january 2017 was the Switch presentation, yet they still did an april direct.
January 2018 mini direct was still a good direct with a bunch of cool reveals, I always felt that it was definitely less "mini" that what its name indicated.

It just depends on how they want to market 2020. If they go fucking wild like in february 2019 (announcing the big Mario game of the year, the big Zelda game of the year, and the big new IP at the same direct, + 2 first party eshop titles was fucking huge), then yeah there's no need for an april/march direct.
But again, last year instead of january, they've waited until february. No one even wanted a direct in march april, people just kept talking about all the big games coming.
In the end they're of course unpredictable lol. I was just expecting more first party games than usual next year and they'd want to spread their announcements out in 2 separate directs before E3.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
In the end they're of course unpredictable lol. I was just expecting more first party games than usual next year and they'd want to spread their announcements out in 2 separate directs before E3.
Yeah personally I definitely don't think that a march/april direct is impossible.
If anything, 2019 stands as the weird one with no april direct in the Switch era.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My wild out there prediction is Monolith Soft's new IP is revealed here. It would be a dream, but it won't happen.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

No, nobody has detailed the Halo games coming to Switch. Only Zippo said we should at least expect Halo Combat Evolved AE on Switch.

Don't forget, Halo Reach is one of the Bungie's games, they are infamously difficult to port. We should assume that Halo games that are coming to Switch are the 343i games only; Halo CE AE, Halo 2 AE and Halo 4.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I'm in the middle of finals mode and can't really drop time on a long yt video :( can someone summarize the predictions?
For Smash Fighter Pass character #5
Andre : Geno
Derrick : Ryu Hayabusa
Jon : Pyra & Mythra, or Kos Mos
Steve : Travis Touchdown

General Switch/Nintendo predictions :
Jon : BOTW 2 trailer (release holiday 2020) Metroid Prime Trilogy HD (release in february), Halo Reach coming to Switch
Steve : No More Heroes 1&2 collection, No More Heroes 3 trailer

Forgot what were the other predictions made by Andre and Derrick, but they all think BOTW2 trailer is probable.

Edit : Andre predicts Super Metroid remake. Jon expects Metroid 5, but not here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.