• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

laziboi

Alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2019
Your Anus
I still think Namco and Sega are making a big mistake skipping Switch for no reason. Namco could get similar or even better sales numbers for Takes of Arise on Switch than PS4 yet they take their time to port the game to Xbox One instead (despite its good looks, I don't think Tales of Arise is out of Switch's reach technically). For me it's sad to think to not be able to play another Tales game on a handheld for a long time.

The problem is that there are still games that started development before the Switch was even released. Game development takes a long time, and we're only now starting to see most publishers take the Switch more seriously. If Bandai Namco and Sega have games that they can develop with the Switch in mind going forward, they'll do it. These companies aren't averse to the Switch. But they have to consider schedules, resources, and hardware limitations when developing products.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Soooooo

are we expecting a Nintendo Direct (or a mini) at the end of 2019/beginning of 2020?

Indie World (JAPAN) December 27, 2018
Indie Highlights (Europe) January 23
Nintendo Direct February 13
-----
Indie World May 31
Pokémon Direct June 5
Nintendo Direct June 11
-----
Indie World August 19
Nintendo Direct September 4

Since Indie World are globally announced, there's a trend I guess..
This is a nice catch. I could see a full Direct by the 7th or 9th if the trend continues. Otherwise sometime the following week.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Soooooo

are we expecting a Nintendo Direct (or a mini) at the end of 2019/beginning of 2020?

Indie World (JAPAN) December 27, 2018
Indie Highlights (Europe) January 23
Nintendo Direct February 13
-----
Indie World May 31
Pokémon Direct June 5
Nintendo Direct June 11
-----
Indie World August 19
Nintendo Direct September 4

Since Indie World are globally announced, there's a trend I guess..
Yes a January direct by January 15th the latest since Nintendo doesn't do general directs past mid month.

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
There will be 15 brand new games shown there. At least two of them have to be from Nintendo. I'm surprised that no one is predicting any new IP from Nintendo at TGA.

Probably because it isn't realistic. The Game Awards only caters to English-speaking communities. Any new IP reveals will be announced in Nintendo Directs, where they can reach out to a worldwide audience.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you are voting and what to show more love to Fire Emblem or some other games you can vote in a new players poll Geoff is doing this year.

OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Alright everybody, I'm soliciting some advice for the OP. Pretty soon the Indie World showcase and The Game Awards will be behind us. I've initially structured the OP to feature a countdown to the next big date (it's currently counting down to the Indie showcase) and a "countup" of days since the last big event (currently the September Direct).

I feel that to the occasional passer-by to the thread (keep in mind that on the "Who replied?" section for the thread there are several pages of posters with single replies), it is more valuable to feature days since the last true blue general Direct than an Indie showcase or The Game Awards. Although, the Game Awards may prove significant enough to be worthy of this. I could do both, but it would get pretty busy. Am I overthinking this? Anyway, let me know what you think.

I'll throw in my perfunctory reminder that if any frequenters of the thread have suggestions for useful information to go in the OP for the sake of reference to these casual readers, please @ mention me!

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alright everybody, I'm soliciting some advice for the OP. Pretty soon the Indie World showcase and The Game Awards will be behind us. I've initially structured the OP to feature a countdown to the next big date (it's currently counting down to the Indie showcase) and a "countup" of days since the last big event (currently the September Direct).

I feel that to the occasional passer-by to the thread (keep in mind that on the "Who replied?" section for the thread there are several pages of posters with single replies), it is more valuable to feature days since the last true blue general Direct than an Indie showcase or The Game Awards. Although, the Game Awards may prove significant enough to be worthy of this. I could do both, but it would get pretty busy. Am I overthinking this? Anyway, let me know what you think.

I'll throw in my perfunctory reminder that if any frequenters of the thread have suggestions for useful information to go in the OP for the sake of reference to these casual readers, please @ mention me!
Your OP is good with how it's set up.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Just imagine this:

Breath of the Wild 2 just got a gameplay reveal. The crowd is buzzing, fans are raving. It's amazing. And then, Zelda pops back onto the screen. This time it's Toon Link. Everyone's thoughts immediately go to Windwaker HD, but then you hear a humming. A red hat appears on Link's head, with a M in the middle. It's Super Mario Odyssey 2, featuring lands from multiple Nintendo franchises. Crowd goes nuts again.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
What are the chances Reggie will announce something Mother related?

That would be the single greatest Christmas present Nintendo could ever muster.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just imagine this:

Breath of the Wild 2 just got a gameplay reveal. The crowd is buzzing, fans are raving. It's amazing. And then, Zelda pops back onto the screen. This time it's Toon Link. Everyone's thoughts immediately go to Windwaker HD, but then you hear a humming. A red hat appears on Link's head, with a M in the middle. It's Super Mario Odyssey 2, featuring lands from multiple Nintendo franchises. Crowd goes nuts again.
Lol my dream of Odyssey 2 going to different Nintendo franchise Kingdoms

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Reggie is just there as a presenter ("award for ... goes to..."), not to announce something for Nintendo.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019

MLB The Show series coming to Switch in 2021

The Show on a portable console will make Mat Piscatella very, very happy.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft and Sony putting games on their competitors platforms before Nintendo

man, I wish I had a time machine

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When is Nintendo going to start putting games on other hardware? Not like I care and they need their games to sell hardware. Wonder if and when that might ever happen though. I could see PC releases of games way in the future.

Oct 26, 2017
This is oddly a pattern that Nintendo's had before where their system has ALL competitors on board in one way or another:

Switch:
- Minecraft and Ori from MS
- MLB The Show from Sony

3DS:
- Minecraft from MS
- PoPoLoCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale from Sony (they own the trademark)

N64:
- Puyo Puyo ~n Party from Sega
- WipEout 64 from Sony (they already owned Psygnosis for years)
- Monster Truck Madness from MS (technically pre-XB)

Am I missing anything?

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's biggest come back story since the Wii and DS combo. Breaking records, changing history. First console to get both high quality Microsoft and Playstation first party support that aren't cheap spin-off/knock off side projects or titles "by technicality"

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
Just imagine this:

I'd lose my shit, find it, and then lose it again

Ckoerner

Aug 7, 2019
When is Nintendo going to start putting games on other hardware? Not like I care and they need their games to sell hardware. Wonder if and when that might ever happen though. I could see PC releases of games way in the future.
Nintendo is very Apple-like in this regard. Their software on their hardware. I'd be very surprised if it ever happens.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
081.gif

Method

Oct 25, 2017
It's definitely halo he's talking about. Give us some more. Is zelda still 2020? And Wtf has retro been up to??

Status
Not open for further replies.