• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
Sidescrolling Link in Mario Maker 2?

Zelda 2 remake incoming!
I'd bet that for the Zelda 2 remake, they're going to make it more "zelda-like" by adding things like bomb and arrow powerups just like the Metroid 2 remake turned the game into a more traditional Metroid game instead of keeping the style of the original version.

I want From Software to handle the Zelda 2 remake. They are the only studio in modern times that captured the same essence in their games.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I want From Software to handle the Zelda 2 remake. They are the only studio in modern times that captured the same essence in their games.

As far as 2D sidescrollers go, Inti Creates is still my top pick. But they'd sadly never be allowed to give us those sweet sweet sprites they're known for.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
I'm curious about Intelligent Systems, we know for a fact that a small team from them worked on Three Houses (about 13-17? Someone correct me please) and Koei Tecmo did all the development. In addition, Intelligent Systems currently works on Fire Emblem Heroes.

My main question is: how many people from Intelligent Systems work on Fire Emblem Heroes? We know they have around 151 employees so I'm curious on what the rest are working on, perhaps a new Paper Mario or FE4 Remake.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious about Intelligent Systems, we know for a fact that a small team from them worked on Three Houses (about 13-17? Someone correct me please) and Koei Tecmo did all the development. In addition, Intelligent Systems currently works on Fire Emblem Heroes.

My main question is: how many people from Intelligent Systems work on Fire Emblem Heroes? We know they have around 151 employees so I'm curious on what the rest are working on, perhaps a new Paper Mario or FE4 Remake.
Paper Mario. The last game released in 2016.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Hypothetical since we're never getting a new Advance Wars but which one of these options would people prefer and why?

1. New Advance Wars that incorporates some Fire Emblem elements (higher focus on COs, relationships, RPG elements)
  2. New Advance Wars that is completely different from classic Advance Wars
  3. New cheapo Advance Wars that is basically Versus Battle + Map Creator
  4. Fire Emblem spin-off that mostly retains de Advance Wars gameplay
  5. New Battalion Wars
IMO, modern Advance Wars should kinda work like Starcraft 2 Wings of Liberty. You have a hub where you interact with side characters, can get involved in side-quests, use resources to upgrade your CO power or maybe even your units.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I would guess Three Houses will be the template for a remake of the SNES FE games, so whatever they're working on right now is imo something else.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
You reckon Koei Tecmo will help and develop the next mainline FE game?

Either that, or IS has to go for another engine or make their own. I don't think KT just hands them over the engine they used for Three Houses. Whatever the next FE console game will be, i expect KT being the co-developer again.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
New snes games this week please, I'm almost done with all the ones I wanted to play
I'm pretty sure they'll just announce and shadowdrop a bunch of NES and SNES games at each direct from now on.
Keep fire Emblem out of advance wars. Otherwise, it just be Fire Emblem Mars
To be fair, Fire Emblem producers clearly said 2 or 3 years ago that they are interested in making a new Advance Wars, that the devs at IS are expressing interest in making a new one, but that they would need to figure how to implement Fire Emblem's support system.
That's probably what Dardan Sandiego is coming from.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
IMO, modern Advance Wars should kinda work like Starcraft 2 Wings of Liberty. You have a hub where you interact with side characters, can get involved in side-quests, use resources to upgrade your CO power or maybe even your units.

I feel like this would probably be the best course for a new "proper" Advance Wars since Yamagami wants to incorporate some of those relationship mechanics in Fire Emblem.

The guys that did the Wonderboy remake are the best ones for the job.

The Dragon's Trap?
ld.png

Thanks but no thanks.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, Fire Emblem producers clearly said 2 or 3 years ago that they are interested in making a new Advance Wars, that the devs at IS are expressing interest in making a new one, but that they would need to figure how to implement Fire Emblem's support system.
That's probably what Dardan Sandiego is coming from.
I feel like this would probably be the best course for a new "proper" Advance Wars since Yamagami wants to incorporate some of those relationship mechanics in Fire Emblem.
Power of love has no place on the battlefield. Not when you have

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone here, forgot who it was, said he knows that a new Paper Mario is coming soon and he was even surprised that it wasn't in the september direct.
I wonder who has said it, but even without that it's more common sense Paper Mario is coming. We've had Paper Mario every single gen just like we get 3D Mario and Zelda every gen.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, Zippo didn't say they knew when PM was coming, just that it was "well into development".
Yeah which was expected. It should've had 3 years of development time by now. If it comes next year who knows. I think Mario + Rabbids 2 could come next year. If both are ready Nintendo could push Paper Mario to 2021 since they have control of that series.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Yeah which was expected. It should've had 3 years of development time by now. If it comes next year who knows. I think Mario + Rabbids 2 could come next year. If both are ready Nintendo could push Paper Mario to 2021 since they have control of that series.
I can see Mario + Rabbids 2 being 2021 if Ubisoft wants to go full AAA with it

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can see Mario + Rabbids 2 being 2021 if Ubisoft wants to go full AAA with it
If Ubisoft wants to go all out and release it in 2021 that's fine by me. I trust Davide. Plus I'm more excited to see PAPER MARIO. Like Paper Mario is such an emotional series for many people and it's the last series that needs to return to form. I just want to see that first reveal trailer because if it returns to form, Nintendo will let us know in the reveal. I hope it's a 2020 game.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I'd bet that for the Zelda 2 remake, they're going to make it more "zelda-like" by adding things like bomb and arrow powerups just like the Metroid 2 remake turned the game into a more traditional Metroid game instead of keeping the style of the original version.
Whaaaa? Samus Returns completely kept Metroid 2's structure, just expanded it

RomanceDawn

Teacher of Superheroines
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm inclined to assume that Retro's mystery project turned out to be so good they decided on shelving it for the launch of Switch's successor. They want to launch it with that Mario 64/Breath of the Wild bombshell.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
10 days til the game awards.

keighley needs to start hyping on twitter!

I remember in 2016 he just dropped that we'd get a new look at BotW the Monday before the show. I was like :o

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
It's totally BS but it is fun to look what kind fake that post on 4Chan.. :)

3rd Party Showcase including GTA V, Batman Collection, Mass Effect Trilogy, Guitar Hero Legacy Edition, BioShock Trilogy

Man, at least put a little more effort and make it believable. Is it hard to add stuff like Story of Seasons, retro Square ports, separated Capcom HD releases there?

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
It's totally BS but it is fun to look what kind fake that post on 4Chan.. :)

Too good to be true.
I think it's actually quite boring.
No new games, only ports
maybe Zelda and Animal Crossing may be interesting, but we already know of their existence or have evn seen gameplay(well for AC atleast.
theres no surprises.
And I say that as someone who craves for Metroid

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
Let be Honest, was there any 4Chan Post legit at the End? They are all BS, but Fun to see what Stuff they Post there with so little effort😅

Apr 24, 2018
I'm inclined to assume that Retro's mystery project turned out to be so good they decided on shelving it for the launch of Switch's successor. They want to launch it with that Mario 64/Breath of the Wild bombshell.
And around the same time is when I'm guessing that they'll actually release the remasters of Metroid Prime trilogy -_-.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Well ok, I didn't know that... 🙈

But what do want to see in a Next Direct?
Well we have the game awards first, of which possibilities

- Bayo 3
- new Zelda BotW2 sneak peek
- Smash #5, potentially post FP dlc tease

But as for a Jan/Feb 2020 Direct I want/expect

- Animal Crossing trailer
- Something Metroid (Prime Trilogy HD/Fusion or Super Remake/ hopefully Metroid 5)
- Paper Mario 6
- Fire Emblem Three Houses Story DLC details
- Mario sports game (probably Golf)
- if not at TGA, then definitely post Fighters Pass Smash DLC details here.
- Xenoblade Definitive trailer with H1 release date
- Bayo 3 if not at TGA
- Longshot: Odyssey 2

BotW2 has to be at TGA or its next E3, I don't see it in a Direct

Status
Not open for further replies.