• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that's what I meant. FF ports were announced for Xbox when there wasn't a big event like a (popular) Xbox direct so it made sense to piggyback off the hype for the Switch announcements.

This time they have X019 to use, but that doesn't mean they have to just announce all platforms on Twitter like last. There's no rule. It makes no sense to slip switch announcements under the door when it'd make a much bigger splash at one of the many directs throughout the year.

Hell there's precedent. Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition was not announced for Switch at the same time as PS4 as it was held back for the direct.
I think you're misunderstanding. I'm saying that you are undermining how big X019 was. You referred to it as Inside Xbox when X019 is positioned to be much bigger than that similar to PSX, as I said before. The livestream had hundreds of thousand live viewers with the individual announcements having millions of viewers as well, so it's not nearly as small as you seem to be implying.

But you're right in that there isn't a set rule for this kind of thing. That being said, Kingdom Hearts is my favorite video game series ever but I'm not holding my breath for it. I'd love to see it on Switch and I'll be there day one if it does get ported.

Every Directs have several hundred thousands people watching live iirc.
Hence the point being X019 was close to if not on par with a Direct if you look at each individual announcement by view count.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think you're misunderstanding. I'm saying that you are undermining how big X019 was. You referred to it as Inside Xbox when X019 is positioned to be much bigger than that similar to PSX, as I said before. The livestream had hundreds of thousand live viewers with the individual announcements having millions of viewers as well, so it's not nearly as small as you seem to be implying.

But you're right in that there isn't a set rule for this kind of thing. That being said, Kingdom Hearts is my favorite video game series ever but I'm not holding my breath for it. I'd love to see it on Switch and I'll be there day one if it does get ported.

Hence the point being X019 was close to if not on par with a Direct if you look at each individual announcement by view count.
Ah I see. No when I was talking about Inside Xbox I wasn't talking about X019. I referred to X019 as the 'massive Xbox event' in that same post.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Is there somewhere a list of the Switch games officially releasing in 2020? Don´t care about the month atm.

Thanks.
Rounding up announced stuff from the "big" Publishers for 2020/TBA:

Nintendo
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Detective Pikachu title
  • Dr. Kawashima's Brain Trailing for Nintendo Switch (EU)
  • Famicom Detective Club remake (JP)
  • Famicom Detective Club Part II remake (JP)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild sequel
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore
  • Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
Activision Blizzard
  • Overwatch 2
Bandai Namco Entertainment
  • Billion Road (NA/EU)
  • Digimon Survive
  • Kotoba no Puzzle: Mojipittan Encore (JP)
  • Little Nightmares II
  • My Hero: One's Justice 2
  • One Piece Pirate Warriors 4
  • Super Robot Taisen X (JP)
Bethesda Softworks
  • DOOM 64
  • DOOM Resurrection
  • The Elder Scrolls: Blades
  • The Elder Scrolls: Legends
Capcom
  • Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition
  • Mega Man Zero / ZX Legacy Collection
Koei Tecmo Games
  • Angelique for Nintendo Switch (JP)
  • Atelier Dusk Trilogy Deluxe Pack (NA/EU)
  • Fairy Tail
  • Harukanaru Toki no Naka 7 (JP)
  • Winning Post 9 2020 (JP)
Konami Digital Entertainment
  • Hyper Sports R
  • Momotaru Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban! (JP)
Level 5
  • Inazuma Eleven Heroes: Great Road
  • Snack World: The Dungeon Grawl Gold (NA/EU)
  • Ushiro (JP)
  • Yo-Kai Watch 4 (NA/EU)
Marvelous Inc
  • No More Heroes III
  • Rune Factory 4 Special (NA/EU)
  • Rune Factory 5
  • Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin
  • Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town (NA/EU)
Sega
  • Hatsune Miku: Project Diva MegaMix
  • Olympic Games Tokyo 2020: The Official Video Game (NA/EU)
  • Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers
  • Sega Ages G-LOC: Air Battle
  • Sega Ages Herzog Zwei
  • Sega Ages Puyo Puyo 2
  • Sega Ages Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  • Sega Ages Thunder Force AC
  • Shin Megami Tensei V
  • Two Point Hospital
Square Enix
  • Bubble Bobble 4 Friends (NA)
  • Circuit Superstars
  • Darius Cozmic Collection Arcade / Console (NA/EU)
  • Fear Effect Reinvented
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition
  • Space Invaders Invincible Collection (JP)
  • Trials of Mana
Take Two Interactive
  • The Outer Worlds
THQ Nordic
  • Biomutant
  • Darksiders Genesis
  • SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated
Ubisoft
  • Gods & Monsters
Xbox Game Studios
  • The Bard's Tale: Remastered and Resnarkled
  • Minecraft Dungeons
edit: updated with more midsize pubs

Last edited:
OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
ladies and gentlemen I presented my project for class, now I can go back to f5ing this thread full time

deep_dish

Oct 25, 2017
There will likely be 1-2 big surprises for next year. Mario Odyssey 2 seems likely, and maybe a new IP/rebooted IP/Sequel

Jan 2, 2018
2eb2ab-1575387003.jpg

So I guess we won't see new Labo Kits? ...

I bought two Variety Kits

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
It's weird. I looked at the online store of that retailer and there they sell those kits for 54,99€.

Probably a local deal then. Quite common.

I remember that i got RDR2 at Media Markt on launch day for 50€ because my to-go-one matched a deal from another retailer close to their location. The Media Markt stores in the neighbour cities had it for the full 69,99 still, so did their online store. ^^

Jan 2, 2018
Probably a local deal then. Quite common.

I remember that i got RDR2 at Media Markt on launch day for 50€ because my to-go-one matched a deal from another retailer close to their location. The Media Markt stores in the neighbour cities had it for the full 69,99 still, so did their online store. ^^

Sure, I saw Pokémon on launch day for 50€ instead of 60€, but in case of Labo it's 90% off!
I'm happy, I always wanted to built that Piano.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Don't say that! I want to enjoy building the piano that one day, years from now, will end up in the trash!

You joke, but once Game Boys were a dime a dozen, and now finding a boxed Game Boy is a rare find. Some day Labo will be a curio of a bygone era too.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
Rounding up announced stuff from the "big" Publishers for 2020/TBA:

Nintendo
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Detective Pikachu title
  • Dr. Kawashima's Brain Trailing for Nintendo Switch (EU)
  • Famicom Detective Club remake (JP)
  • Famicom Detective Club Part II remake (JP)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild sequel
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore
  • Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
Activision Blizzard
  • Overwatch 2
Bandai Namco Entertainment
  • Billion Road (NA/EU)
  • Digimon Survive
  • Kotoba no Puzzle: Mojipittan Encore (JP)
  • Little Nightmares II
  • My Hero: One's Justice 2
  • One Piece Pirate Warriors 4
  • Super Robot Taisen X (JP)
Bethesda Softworks
  • DOOM 64
  • DOOM Resurrection
  • The Elder Scrolls: Blades
  • The Elder Scrolls: Legends
Capcom
  • Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition
  • Mega Man Zero / ZX Legacy Collection
Koei Tecmo Games
  • Angelique for Nintendo Switch (JP)
  • Atelier Dusk Trilogy Deluxe Pack (NA/EU)
  • Fairy Tail
  • Harukanaru Toki no Naka 7 (JP)
  • Winning Post 9 2020 (JP)
Konami Digital Entertainment
  • Hyper Sports R
  • Momotaru Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban! (JP)
Level 5
  • Inazuma Eleven Heroes: Great Road
  • Snack World: The Dungeon Grawl Gold (NA/EU)
  • Ushiro (JP)
  • Yo-Kai Watch 4 (NA/EU)
Marvelous Inc
  • No More Heroes III
  • Rune Factory 4 Special (NA/EU)
  • Rune Factory 5
  • Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin
  • Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town (NA/EU)
Sega
  • Hatsune Miku: Project Diva MegaMix
  • Olympic Games Tokyo 2020: The Official Video Game (NA/EU)
  • Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers
  • Sega Ages G-LOC: Air Battle
  • Sega Ages Herzog Zwei
  • Sega Ages Puyo Puyo 2
  • Sega Ages Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  • Sega Ages Thunder Force AC
  • Shin Megami Tensei V
  • Two Point Hospital
Square Enix
  • Bubble Bobble 4 Friends (NA)
  • Circuit Superstars
  • Darius Cozmic Collection Arcade / Console (NA/EU)
  • Fear Effect Reinvented
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition
  • Space Invaders Invincible Collection (JP)
  • Trials of Mana
Take Two Interactive
  • The Outer Worlds
THQ Nordic
  • Biomutant
  • Darksiders Genesis
  • SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated
Ubisoft
  • Gods & Monsters
Xbox Game Studios
  • The Bard's Tale: Remastered and Resnarkled
  • Minecraft Dungeons
edit: updated with more midsize pubs

Doom Resurection? You mean Doom Eternal?
And since when is Biomutant confirmed for Switch?

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I remember when Media Markt Germany was selling the Game Boy Micro for 20 euros on clearance sale because no one wanted that thing and now an unopened package goes for 300+ euros on ebay lol.

e2dd2f3b69.jpg

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I remember when Media Markt Germany was selling the Game Boy Micro for 20 euros on clearance sale because no one wanted that thing and now an unopened package goes for 300+ euros on ebay lol.

e2dd2f3b69.jpg

I can relate because back then I thought the Gameboy Micro was stupid but now they just look so appealing.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you look at just Mini/general/specific game directs (worldwide) we had 12 in 2012. We had 16 in 2013! Geez

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Dragon Quest Builders (Square Enix)
Octopath Traveler (Square Enix)
Go Vacation (Bandai Namco)
The World Ends With You: Final Remix (Square Enix)
Fitness Boxing (Imagineer, 2019 in NA)

Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Square Enix)
Daemon X Machina (Marvelous)
Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition (Square Enix)

Wonder which third-party games Nintendo will push/publish in 2020 🤔 I assume Trials of Mana will be one of them.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
TWEWY 2 if Tansut can be trusted

I don't think Square have a free team to handle such project. Nomura is busy with FF7 series, there's also FF16 in dev, so if there's gonna be a TWEWY game in the future, its gonna be without him.

I'm guessing a F2P mobile game that will get a Switch version. TWEWY 1 on Switch played absolutely horrible, I don't think it's likely for a similar followup. The game was intended to be played on DS hardware specifically with precise stylus controls and toop screen Shiki battles, it kinda floundered on Switch.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
At the very least they clearly said it would be announced in a Nintendo direct in 2020. I don't think that they implied the year of release.
In october I think ?
Tansut, a Square Enix insider from here (he knew about Cloud in Smash back in the day, he was the only one who has hinted at it. I think he also teased the TWEWY port on Switch before the reveal.), said that TWEWY 2 is going to be announced in a Nintendo Direct in 2020.

Didn't know this had this much weight.

Well, 2020 should be interesting.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I don't think Square have a free team to handle such project. Nomura is busy with FF7 series, there's also FF16 in dev, so if there's gonna be a TWEWY game in the future, its gonna be without him.

I'm guessing a F2P mobile game that will get a Switch version. TWEWY 1 on Switch played absolutely horrible, I don't think it's likely for a similar followup. The game was intended to be played on DS hardware specifically with precise stylus controls and toop screen Shiki battles, it kinda floundered on Switch.
Yeah, Tansut has a good track record but Nomura has his hands full. We'll see I guess

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
In october I think ?
Tansut, a Square Enix insider from here (he knew about Cloud in Smash back in the day, he was the only one who has hinted at it. I think he also teased the TWEWY port on Switch before the reveal.), said that TWEWY 2 is going to be announced in a Nintendo Direct in 2020.

Damn, that flew right over my head! Thank you! I've been slowly plucking up the courage to give the first game a go - not sure whether I play it on the DS or buy the Remix version for the Switch. Not like I have any coins lying around but I kind of want the ultimate experience, lol.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Damn, that flew right over my head! Thank you! I've been slowly plucking up the courage to give the first game a go - not sure whether I play it on the DS or buy the Remix version for the Switch. Not like I have any coins lying around but I kind of want the ultimate experience, lol.
Haven't played the Switch version, but apparently it's not really a recommended experience because of the control scheme with a controler !

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

Absolutely stay away from the Switch version. The game's whole deal was using badges to deliver precise attacks via stylus and Switch version basically kills the best part of the game. Also Switch version doesn't have second screen Shiki gameplay which was another important part of the game.

Get the DS version if you find one.

Status
Not open for further replies.