• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The reason I never predict a new first party Nintendo game is because Nintendo has never revealed a new first party game at the Game Awards. It would be very cool and surprising if they did announce one.
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. people might not count it because it's licensed, but I do

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
I hope we get another Indie collaboration announcement at this Indie World like we got with Cadence of Hyrule.

That would be a great trend if Nintendo partnered up with a different small studio every year.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
He's given his reasons on believing why it's possibly coming back. It's not so unbelievable that Nintendo would help Kamiya get his dream game in some fashion.

Maybe it is, maybe it's not. It's just kinda gotten boring to talk about over and over again haha

Even if it is happening I doubt it will be happening any time soon. So we aren't really gonna know anything officially for a long time.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Scalebound is coming back in a bundle with Ridge Racer and Star Fox GP, announcement next week in game magazines.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
You guys with your Scalebound ... you need to get blocked by Kamiya on Twitter for some time.

At the beginning of the year, Platinum games CEO said that it was 2019 going to be a very busy year for them, yet they've only announced and released Astral Chain.

A developer can be busy developing. ;D

I'd say doing Bayo 3, while at this time also developing Astral Chain, plus Babylon's Fall certainly sounds like a busy year. ^^

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Is it confirmed? That would be so bizarre. Nintendo and Platinum are best bros, and vanquish would feel right at home on Switch.

I think it's the PC versions from Vanquish and Bayo ... so it wouldn't be P* doing the port but maybe Sega Europe? Wouldn't be surprised if P* isn't involved much or at all.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
of course i wasn't expecting the double pack, specially since bayo 1 is published on switch by nintendo and not sega. but i was hoping there'd be a separate announcement for vanquish on switch, even if it's eshop only.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I don't think there's a point for Platinum to release a non-60 fps version of Vanquish anymore.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I still wanna know what that SFGP footage he saw was all about.

I'd be interested in a thorough account of how the Star Fox GP rumour came about and how so many people had heard about it even though it was apparently one huge hoax. But I've lost interest in this small bits of information a while ago because they lead nowhere.

OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
My guess: the Star Fox Grand Prix gameplay was an Unreal Engine 4 mockup made by a trusted source who wanted out of the game and decided to troll on their way out

Mirev

Jun 8, 2018
Soooooo

are we expecting a Nintendo Direct (or a mini) at the end of 2019/beginning of 2020?

Indie World (JAPAN) December 27, 2018
Indie Highlights (Europe) January 23
Nintendo Direct February 13
-----
Indie World May 31
Pokémon Direct June 5
Nintendo Direct June 11
-----
Indie World August 19
Nintendo Direct September 4

Since Indie World are globally announced, there's a trend I guess..

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Liam has show substantial stuff. I know he keeps bringing Scalebound up. Don't hold Star Fox GP against him. Plenty of insiders got it wrong. A bad source playing hoaxes or whatever on everyone.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
What if we get a new Metroid game in the form of a Nintendo x Indie collab like Cadence of Hyrule?

If Nintendo is struggling to find a dev to work on it, I'm sure there's tons of indie ones who'd jump at the chance given how influential Metroid is on the indie scene.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What if we get a new Metroid game in the form of a Nintendo x Indie collab like Cadence of Hyrule?

If Nintendo is struggling to find a dev to work on it, I'm sure there's tons of indie ones who'd jump at the chance given how influential Metroid is on the indie scene.
Do you want a regular Metroid game or a non traditional Metroid game like Cadence of Hyrule?

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019

I honestly don't think they'd want an indie Metroid in the same genre. If one happens (could be nice), I think it'd be more a different genre, like the recent Zelda spinoff.
That said, I really doubt Metroid is on that list of collabs (like other hardcore IPs they have difficulties to manage). Hell, the next Star Fox would probably be indie lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.