• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Who is that youtuber, assuming they are a leaker?

If so, super excited for 3D World. I've been begging for it since Switch released.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
guys I'm stuck in super metroid, should I google it or just keep trying to roll over these blocks fast enough that they don't collapse

edit: I am no longer stuck in super metroid
I still think it's crazy that people don't test all the buttons when playing a game.

But anyway, you should definitely beat the game without looking anything up. Just look at the map and think about where to use your new abilities. Also just bomb everywhere if you are lost in a room lol. I believe in yoooooooou

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the FE3H DLC will be a standalone expansion like XB2 Torna

I would go in with... low expectations for Three Houses' final DLC wave. In all likelihood it won't be comparable to Torna at all.

Fire Emblem doesn't have a history of strong DLC, and Three Houses' expansion pass has so far had nothing of substance. Early datamining suggests the final wave will contain 4 new students and a mysterious "Abyss Mode" which has something to do with the subterranean area under the Monastery.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man, I hope that leak is accurate and shows up the next direct. I've been checking Nintendo threads nearly every day since Switch release for word on 3D World. I can't tell you how happy I am for this. I know it's just a port, but 3D World is a top 5 game for me. I'm so happy to be able to take this game anywhere.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
isn't time for that next monster hunter game to be announced.

If a new MH game exists for Switch, I'm honestly expecting an announcement either this Direct or at E3. If not, I'll give up. Although on the other hand, MH is an annual franchise so...it's most likely we will get a brand new MH announcement this year regardless if it's on Switch or not.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
If they are doing 3D World, I hope it is 3D Land + World. Even if they just reused assets from 3D World for an HD version of 3D Land that would be fantastic. I prefer the Land to World, although I like both. Multiplayer in World is a nice feature, but it did feel like it kind of restricted the level design, so you have some levels with much larger scopes in 3D Land.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
if 3D world is this year, I'm not sure about Odyssey 2 anymore.

...unless the 3D Mario team makes Donkey

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
isn't time for that next monster hunter game to be announced.
If a new MH game exists for Switch, I'm honestly expecting an announcement either this Direct or at E3. If not, I'll give up. Although on the other hand, MH is an annual franchise so...it's most likely we will get a brand new MH announcement this year.
As said earlier in the thread, the next time you can expect something from Capcom that isn't in a random Direct, E3 (lolno), or TGS, it will be at MonHun Festa Osaka on January 19.

edit:
and they wouldn't announce it or tease it in a Direct before that.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Metroid 2 made sense to remake. It was originally a Gameboy game, most didn't play it, and it was hard to find in the modern Era. Although it probably should have been on switch.

A super metroid remake makes no sense though. Everyone has played it a million times, it was on all the previous eshops, and it's on the current snes app for free. Not to mention it's already a pretty flawless game.

Just make a new entry already.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
As said earlier in the thread, the next time you can expect something from Capcom that isn't in a random Direct, E3 (lolno), or TGS, it will be at MonHun Festa Osaka on January 19.

edit:
and they wouldn't announce it or tease it in a Direct before that.

Didn't they announce MHX in a random direct before? And MHXX in a MH direct. Could it not be possible that they announce a new MH in the upcoming direct?

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
I beat 3d world and really like it, but likely would not get a remaster of it. There would have to be some crazy hook or content for me reconsider.
Didn't they do NSMB U and Mario Maker 2 just a few months apart? It could happen
still remains to be seen if that was the best decision.
more importantly, It was hinted that NSMBU was finished for a while but was sat on due to delays of other games.
It was likely intended for a 2018 release.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
3D World port with new content and BotW 2 should be the 3D Mario and 3D Zelda games for 2020.

Super Mario Odyssey 2 and Wind Waker HD should be the 3D Mario and 3D Zelda games of 2021

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Didn't they announce MHX in a random direct before? And MHXX in a MH direct. Could it not be possible that they announce a new MH in the upcoming direct?
X and XX were announced in a Direct yes. Different era for the franchise though, and it wasn't close to a Capcom event.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder who is doing the Pikmin 3 additional single player content. Emily said Nintendo has someone outside doing it. Maybe Arzest? Good Feel?

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hm, it'll depend on how much new content is in it before I decide to get a 3D World port. I played through the whole main game a couple of times and finally toughed it through the bonus worlds just a little over a year ago. Not jumping up and down for a another playthrough anytime soon, but this port was always inevitable so better to get it out of the way now and then bring on the HD remaster of the one, true king and it sequel. Galaxy HD Collection will be a thing one day, I will fucking will it into existence, god damn it.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Hm, it'll depend on how much new content is in it before I decide to get a 3D World port. I played through the whole main game a couple of times and finally toughed it through the bonus worlds just a little over a year ago. Not jumping up and down for a another playthrough anytime soon, but this port was always inevitable so better to get it out of the way now and then bring on the HD remaster of the one, true king and it sequel. Galaxy HD Collection will be a thing one day, I will fucking will it into existence, god damn it.

You'll get Galaxy 1 HD the last year of the Switches lifespan and you'll like it.

blondkayvon

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder who is doing the Pikmin 3 additional single player content. Emily said Nintendo has someone outside doing it. Maybe Arzest? Good Feel?
?! Is there a link to this rumor of additional content? I feel like these threads are always so hard to come into if you haven't been keeping up with every page and this one is almost 300...

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
?! Is there a link to this rumor of additional content? I feel like these threads are always so hard to come into if you haven't been keeping up with every page and this one is almost 300...
Emily has mentioned it a few times, but hasn't gone into much detail other than it being new single player content developed by another studio.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
Give me Sunshine HD or give me death!

Status
Not open for further replies.