• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Wow where did this talk of another Direct come from?
I thought we got a mini in the 11th.

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
The Direct announcements are always at 11 pm in Japan, which translates to 6 am PT/9 am ET (or 7 am PT/10 am ET during the DST)

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Even though it won't be announced today, if it's this week shouldn't we start to hear more rumblings from insiders?

MusicProposition

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
3D Land Bundle won't happen.
1. It takes them enough time to port over Wii U games. We heard several times from insiders that some of the ports took a considerable amount of time to make.
2. while a Wii U Port can be released nearly untouched, only with 1080p support, remastering a 3DS title would be much more demanding for a studio. They need to ensure that it still looks good on the big screen, that would mean redoing most of the textures, assets and adding a whole lot of effects.
3. Nintendo doesn't to bundles. NSMBU + NSLU is an exception, because they share 99% of the assets, animations etc. I don't know more examples of bundled Nintendo titles. It would've been more likely to have DKCR (which looks decent in HD and it also works on the Nvidia Shield) added to Tropical Freeze, but that also didn't happen because they know that they can sell a single game for $60 and still have extraordinary sales.

I do hope for extra levels though, and if it's the studio that did the Captain Toad port, this is pretty likely.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
check out the "Who replied?" button at the top of the thread for a laugh
The best thing was in the september direct thread. He was banned like 7 hours before the direct aired, and he still was by far the one who posted the most on the thread when the direct started to air lmao. Dark Cloud is our icon. Nintendo Era wouldn't be the same without him. (Just like Nintendo Era isn't the same without PhantomThieves, miss him !!)

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Wasn't the movement in 3D world limited to 8-way or 12-way direction? I've never played it though I really like the idea, but this is the kind of detail that I see bothering me a lot; especially after Odyssey that controls so well.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Wasn't the movement in 3D world limited to 8-way or 12-way direction? I've never played it though I really like the idea, but this is the kind of detail that I see bothering me a lot; especially after Odyssey that controls so well.
I'm pretty sure 3D World's movement is 12-way, yeah. It might take a bit to adjust if you're used to the free movement of most 3D Mario games (especially Odyssey), but the game is designed around it, so it'll feel natural enough eventually.

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
I'm pretty sure 3D World's movement is 12-way, yeah. It might take a bit to adjust if you're used to the free movement of most 3D Mario games (especially Odyssey), but the game is designed around it, so it'll feel natural enough eventually.
Is it 12-way? I thought it was 8-way digital, since it was designed to be played on a D-pad

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Any idea why NoA is dragging their feet with Brain Age? Are they just waiting for a Direct shadow drop or something?

OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
but for real Dark Cloud deserves kudos for posting literally 3 times as much as anyone else and actually making a decent post every time. if I posted that much it would be shitposts and babyrage as far as the eye can see

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
but for real Dark Cloud deserves kudos for posting literally 3 times as much as anyone else and actually making a decent post every time. if I posted that much it would be shitposts and babyrage as far as the eye can see

source.gif

Oct 28, 2017
Is it possible that they would bundle Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess? I know, it would be an obviously fair deal but Nintendo would probably want a bigger cut. But I can't see them dragging on any longer in bringing all of these games on the Switch.

It's kinda odd because I don't really see them not releasing 3D World, but they gotta do another Zelda and them having to decide between either seems unlikely too for me.

Starfire22

Banned
May 5, 2018
Oklahoma
Is it possible that they would bundle Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess? I know, it would be an obviously fair deal but Nintendo would probably want a bigger cut. But I can't see them dragging on any longer in bringing all of these games on the Switch.

It's kinda odd because I don't really see them not releasing 3D World, but they gotta do another Zelda and them having to decide between either seems unlikely too for me.

Unlikely as it may be, I wish Nintendo would do another GCN Collectors edition bundle. (Only with TP in this one, as well as the Zelda OOT and MM ports from 3DS)

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

They will just rerelease them in order. Wind Waker first and then Twilight Princess a year or so later.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017

It would be their 4th home system in a row getting a full release for Twilight Princess if they did, I could see them bundling them both together

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Im thinking it will probably be this week, they will want as much time between this one and the inevitable March Direct imo

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling in my bones that this next Direct is going to be earlier rather than later this year. They will at least have a small one to show off Animal Crossing more and give a few more release dates to round out the Spring before a bigger one in a few months. If they do that it could be a similar timing as the 2018 Direct schedule (I'm counting the mini-Direct in January).

If not that, it might just be a blowout big Direct. I'm excited.

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think we will get a direct in January (a Mario golf game will be announced for a June release), an Animal Crossing direct in March, an indie direct in April, a Mario Golf direct in May and then E3 in June.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019

Nintendo won't mind dragging out bringing Wii U ports over to Switch - it means they've got more games in the years ahead to fill in any blanks or to compensate for any delayed projects. And I think we'll get one of these HD remasters per year rather than as a double-pack, as well as another top-down Zelda from EPD/Grezzo. Zelda is an annual franchise now, after all, with either a new entry, spin-off or remaster/remake every year since 2013 (and with more than one release in some years).

OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I suppose the fact that no one is confirming the Direct is a bad sign, but I choose to believe the announcement is in a half hour with reckless abandon anyway

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I think we will get a direct in January (a Mario golf game will be announced for a June release), an Animal Crossing direct in March, an indie direct in April, a Mario Golf direct in May and then E3 in June.
Animal Crossing already got a dedicated Direct, so I think it will just get something in the upcoming Direct and then ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.