• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

superbright

Feb 11, 2019
United Kingdom
There's only one way to save Nintendo now

D0iN9_IX0AAiDDL

Tialo

Dec 4, 2019
No way that they will already show some kind of new remakes. This would be way too early.

antonio

Jan 12, 2018
Oh, no..and it is not even April 1st. Seems like a cruel reality.

I will still hope it is just a placeholder to hide the real Direct.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Of course the Pokémon Company comes in to be the buzzkill. Killing hype is sort of their mission statement as a company.

No way that they will already show some kind of new remakes. This would be way too early.
Well the alternative is them talking about Pokémon Home and Pokémon Sleep again, and I'm not sure I'd survive that boredom.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Huh hope it's not remakes but rather DLC for Sw/Sh :|

More online stuff and new Wild Areas! Turning the game into a GaaS, that would be greeeat!

Anyway, would rather have a general Direct lol

Sep 29, 2019
I mean, there were times where multiple directs took place in the same month. It's next week or else, only next month. That's it.

My hopes aren't fully dead. Just 99%.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
so

general Direct next week? Last two Pokémon Directs either preceded or followed a general one (though the last one was two weeks removed)

Darrilium

Jan 3, 2020
Twist: team January wins, but Emily, Tsubasa, Nate and all the others knew it was a Pokémon Direct.

Still, I believe we're bound to get an actual proper Direct at some point this month. Probably next week.

hannybunny24

Jun 25, 2018
Germany
Lol, this is unexpected. What would they even show? It's so early. Probably just Home maybe Detective Pikachu 2 or a port of 1 or DLC for SwSh. Don't expect much.
Still Team January for a General direct.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Pokemon Direct is the best of both worlds !

We get a direct AND we get to keep speculating when is the next direct xD

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think that this means anything other than that there will be a Pokemon direct. The main direct will still be in January. I can't imagine them leaving that for February with how the e-shop is like pretty barren right now and nothing to look forward too.

Tialo

Dec 4, 2019
Pokemon is a yearly franchise

I'd be shocked if a Pokemon Direct featured no upcoming mainline games

But they would never announce these remakes so early. Pokemon LG was announced at the end of may for example. Even Sword and Shield have been announced later (mid February). It would be very weird to show these games so early (beside of the fact, that maybe we will not get them anyway in 2020).

I assume it is Detektiv Pikachu 2, maybe Pokken 2 and furthermore some DLC Stuff for Sword/Shield + Pokemon Home.

Status
Not open for further replies.