• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Because Pokémon loves to announce stuff on its own. It has happened many times before. In 2016 we had a Pokemon Direct on Feb 26 and a general Direct just a week later on March 3, in 2017 there was a Pokémon Direct on June 6 and a general E3 Direct on June 13, in 2019 there was a Pokémon Direct on June 5 and a general E3 Direct on June 11.
I think the only one that actually counts on our favor is the 2016 case

E3 is different

Oct 27, 2017
smdh Animal Crossing fans finally got their game coming out this March with a detailed look in September and they still impatient in seeing more

This is not really fair, since we don't really know much of the game. We've been shown two short trailers but with similar/almost similar info presented on them. We've been teased some promo pics as well but still know very little of the game.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
So we are getting two Directs in January ? Great !

I am expecting Pokkén 2 to be announced, with maybe the first trailer for Detective Pikachu. No mainline game announced, Pokémon Sleep + HOME.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Because Pokémon loves to announce stuff on its own. It has happened many times before. In 2016 we had a Pokemon Direct on Feb 26 and a general Direct just a week later on March 3, in 2017 there was a Pokémon Direct on June 6 and a general E3 Direct on June 13, in 2019 there was a Pokémon Direct on June 5 and a general E3 Direct on June 11.
So what you're saying is there's a trend of Pokemon announcing there stuff on their own almost exactly a week before general Directs 🤔

Team January vindicated 😏

antonio

Jan 12, 2018
So Jan 9 Pokemon Direct then probably Jan 16 Nintendo Direct

I

Good reasoning, I still believe in the general Direct next week. Pokemon Direct is just an appetizer for the main dish. For some it is a good appetizer, and for others it is a cold soup (but a bad kind, not gazpacho).

dmpillay

Mar 18, 2019
Since this is 20mins long there'll probably be 3 - 5 announcements... apart from Pokémon Home and Sleep, there might be a chance of a DP remake hint! And probably a mobile game or spinoff.

Also, is this the first time a Direct was revealed 2 days before?

Darrilium

Jan 3, 2020
The way I see it is that Pokémon Directs are complements to General Directs, when they have too much stuff to announce, they just get their own Direct and then the General Direct is announced the following week. That looks like the pattern tbh.

this might seem petty, but yes, Team February lost
OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
@TeamFebruary
UnfinishedIdenticalGypsymoth-size_restricted.gif

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
in the meatime, Samurai Showdown and Disaster Report 4 western release dates have been sent out with simple PR emails...!

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Btw. not to play the bearer of potentially bad news, but aren't mainline game presentations normally done by TPC and streamed on their official Pokemon YT channel? Because this one seems to look like it's on Nintendo.

This could mean that the case where Pokemon events have been done shortly before a main Direct might not fit here. It would also mean that this Direct won't really have any new remake/mainline games.

But that's just my memory ... and that hasn't been top in a while with increasing age. ^^

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
This is so weird considering how well Sw/Sh sold, but my hope for Mystery Dungeon is RISING !

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Now imagine if the Pokémon Direct won't even announce the D/P remakes(which might happen if you ask me). The salt from non-fans who wanted a general Direct and the salt from Pokémon fans who want the remake to happen will be enough to provide salt for at least 50 years. What a genius troll move, loving it.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah seriously guys actually Google shit for once.

www.nintendo.com

Nintendo Direct - Archive - Nintendo Official Site

The online home for exclusive Nintendo news — broadcast directly to you, the player.

The few times we've had a Pokemon Direct we've also had a general either a week before or after. If anything this only makes it stronger that it's at least coming next week.

The way I see it is that Pokémon Directs are complements to General Directs, when they have too much stuff to announce, they just get their own Direct and then the General Direct is announced the following week. That looks like the pattern tbh.

Same. Again looking back both Pokemon Directs were quite lengthy, and the Nintendo direct last September made an explicit point of advertising Pokemon SwSh info within.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Btw. not to play the bearer of potentially bad news, but aren't mainline game presentations normally done by TPC and streamed on their official Pokemon YT channel? Because this one seems to look like it's on Nintendo.

This could mean that the case where Pokemon events have been done shortly before a main Direct might not fit here. It would also mean that this Direct won't really have any new remake/mainline games.

But that's just my memory ... and that hasn't been top in a while with increasing age. ^^
We shouldn't expect a new mainline game at all. It is too soon for that kind of announcement.

Spin-offs (Pokkén 2 and Detective Pikachu), Pokemon HOME and Sleep are safe bets.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia

Both of the Pokémon Directs last year were on Nintendo's channel.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy

that's the opposite of bad news, Pokémon fans don't want new mainline games this year.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Watch them reveal a Pokemon spinoff for Spring, cut to the Animal Crossing team to announce a Pokemon or two will be an animal type in the game (with more details to be revealed in an Animal Crossing direct at a later date), and announce Intelleon for Smash Bros, releasing in February.

Thereby killing any hope for a general Direct soon.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Pokemon Direct... three months after the release of Pokemon.

Well shit. Good thing I was in Team february because this wasn't the way I wanted to win.

This is pyrrhos victory. Too much is lost.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pokémon direct Jan 8, 2013
Wii U direct Jan 23, 2013

We have precedence

Feb 13 2019 direct
Pokémon direct February 27 2019

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
smdh Animal Crossing fans finally got their game coming out this March with a detailed look in September and they still impatient in seeing more
Lol "detailed look" was legit just a summary of what was shown at the Treehouse at E3 months prior.
Nintendo has been pretty tight lipped about that game, all things considered

Status
Not open for further replies.