• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
God damn it, it had better not be after the 20th, I have classes around then, which puts me at risk of missing the Classes when they air it.

There was only one time when I was late to a class. It was the Fall 2015 direct that ended with Cloud being announced for Smash.

I was twenty minutes late to class and I regreted nothing.

Now it kinda sucks where I work YouTube is blocked so most players prevent me from watching the direct live.

OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Alright, I came back to fix up the OP a bit. Infuriatingly, it appears that there's no way to completely replace a thread poll.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I like GameXplain's idea of putting multiplayer mini games in 3D World Deluxe. Kinda like SM64DS. Stuff that uses 3D World's controls but with different objectives.

dmpillay

Mar 18, 2019
神はそれを気にします、それは20日の後になってはいけませんでした、私はその周りにクラスを持っています、それは彼らがそれを放映するときにクラスを欠場する危険にさらされます。

Blame Google Translate for any issues, I could only wish I knew Japanese

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
also during the period after the direct was announced and I thought I was done being op for a few days I
beat Kraid (I think?) and got the Varia suit

OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Lmao I read it in his voice

edit:

Team January but neither of those dates.
oh fuck for real? brb
edit: FUCK I wasted my last poll option on the stupid zell joke

I swear I fuck up at being OP at least once a day

edit2: I guess just stay on team january, option 1. god I turned this poll into a clusterfuck lmao

OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
dammit josh

Yeah I don't know if this poll trick is going to work twice
what trick? the trick of fun and merriment? I have been adamant since the start that expecting hints in the polls is dumb, and if that means the insiders don't vote it's a bummer for them as nintendo fans/perusers of the thread but so be it I guess

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
This thread has gone off the rails in a way only a Nintendo Direct Thread can. Love it. Making me nostalgic haha

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
oh fuck for real? brb

edit2: I guess just stay on team january, option 1. god I turned this poll into a clusterfuck lmao

failing is not always failure

especially in nintendo direct threads it is part of the process

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
oh fuck for real? brb

Clearly, the best way to fix the poll is by everyone here managing to post so goddamn much we get to the next thread. Shouldn't be too hard - I mean, surely we've all just been holding back our true degree of blind, irrational hysteria, right?

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
About the Avatar bet, does the Pokémon Direct count as the first Direct? Csn i change my Avatar now? Or what are the rules?

PS: I'm still on #TeamJanuary, either next or the week after☝🏻

_Malus_

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I think a Direct on the 15th/16th of Jan. is quite reasonable to expect.

If not, then I can see it being February.

But there's no way it's March or later.. Nintendo has to show us some of their line-up beyond March sooner or later.

OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
About the Avatar bet, does the Pokémon Direct count as the first Direct? Csn i change my Avatar now? Or what are the rules?

according to jimmy joe earlier in the thread, you can switch after the pokemon direct ends

Clearly, the best way to fix the poll is by everyone here managing to post so goddamn much we get to the next thread. Shouldn't be too hard - I mean, surely we've all just been holding back our true degree of blind, irrational hysteria, right?
yes god please, but first somebody PLEASE volunteer to be OP for OT4

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019

If you really, truly believe in #TeamJanuary, you'll stick with the abomination until next week, when you will be absolved.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
also during the period after the direct was announced and I thought I was done being op for a few days I
beat Kraid (I think?) and got the Varia suit
Congrats mate! Feel free to continue to update us/ask for hints.

I still feel bad because I got my friend, who'd never played Metroid hyped for MPT before TGA 2018. We all know how that turned out. Silver lining he got himself a nodded gameboy and powered through fusion and zero mission. He's hooked now.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not good at fancy graphics but I'm pretty sure I could write a well-informed OP, I can do it if no one else steps up

fossi8

One Winged Slayer
Apr 22, 2018
What's the past experience in January Directs? Are they good? New games, shadow drops or just a recap of what is coming?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
What's the past experience in January Directs? Are they good? New games, shadow drops or just a recap of what is coming?

Basically all general directs in the Switch era are primarily new games and rarely recaps of previously announced stuff, outside of some first party exceptions.

And I'm pretty sure all of them have had at least one shadow drop.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
A beginning of the year direct is typically new games because it lays out a big part of Nintendo's release schedule for the year. Which is further filled out in April or latest E3

The September direct is usually more of a focus on explaining Holiday titles so less brand new announcements, but still a teaser of the next year. Same with E3.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Please god you're perfect for it, I'm now officiating Phendrift as the author of OT4
I can prepare some of those fancy graphics for you if you want. I don't want to be the OP, but i'm willing to contribute.
Sounds good! Yeah Mondo just do whatever you think would look good and I can put it in to spice it up.

Though we still have 5k posts to go in this one lol, I wonder how long it'll last

OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Dag nab it, it had better not be after OT3 ends, I start not being on the forum anymore around then, which puts me at risk of having to whine about there not being any Pikmin to my suitemates after the Direct when they air it.

Status
Not open for further replies.