• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think some of these rumors also make things a little harder when trying to wait for the next direct. When you hear "yeah a new 2D Metroid is coming" or "yeah Paper Mario is going back to your roots" it has an effect on you. It raises your anticipation, makes you little more giddy and make the wait for a direct a little harder.

So, you don't want to think I have to wait until February to see 2D Metroid's story finally push forward.

OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I think some of these rumors also make things a little harder when trying to wait for the next direct. When you hear "yeah a new 2D Metroid is coming" or "yeah Paper Mario is going back to your roots" it has an effect on you. It raises your anticipation, makes you little more giddy and make the wait for a direct a little harder.

So, you don't want to think I have to wait until February to see 2D Metroid's story finally push forward.
If Metroid V is real I'd bet we don't see it until E3

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017

I want to encourage you because you are part of the soul of this thread. We are a team and the wait is more bearable if we stick together.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Damn, are we going to dip below 70% optimism by mid-week?

I'm not sure if it's going to be sad or hilarious if we get our Direct announcement with 69% reporting in for Team Appetizer.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip insiders if literally everything they hinted at isn't in the next Direct
Maybe this should be clarified too. What's been rumored should not be expected to be revealed in the next direct. Some might be saved for a later E3 before people want to jump on insiders because a specific game wasn't announced.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
new retailer listing for DQ heroes 1+2, apparently the two games might be released separately

NX-DRQUH.jpg
NX-DRQUH2.jpg

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
So list all the Things we have know that could leading to a possible Direct soon.

• AC is not avaible to pre-order on the e-shop, wich is strange
• Capcom is pointing to look at some dates (One of them is the 16th of January) fir DMC 3 Special Edition
• The 5th Smash DLC is not revealed yet
• There is something about TMS x Persona 5 Crossover that hasn't revealed yet.

... complete the List if i missed something

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
If there's not a Direct this week, we're almost certainly going to get a bunch of Twitter announcements. There's the DMC on the 16th thing, AC preorders, Smash 5 has to come soon, etc.

Basically, if there's nothing this week, I'm expecting a bit of a Twitter Direct instead, with the General Direct being in February.

That said, I still believe in the 15th/16th!

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
So list all the Things we have know that could leading to a possible Direct soon.

• Capcom is pointing to look at some dates (One of them is the 16th of January) fir DMC 3 Special Edition

The TWEWY site went under maintenance recently just as it did before Final Remix was announced., and Tansut previously hinted at there being a new game in the series.

Last edited:

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I forgot about this. The TWEWT site maintenance when we have a rumor of a sequel coming is a big deal. They'd only announce that in a direct
yeah twewy 2 isn't getting announced anywhere else. i'm really surprised tho, with bravely default 2 already announced for 2020 i wasn't expecting SE to have another (launch) exclusive RPG for switch ready to be announced so soon.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France

TWEWY website being updated.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yeah twewy 2 isn't getting announced anywhere else. i'm really surprised tho, with bravely default 2 already announced for 2020 i wasn't expecting SE to have another (launch) exclusive RPG for switch ready to be announced so soon.
I wasn't expecting it either. Maybe TWEWY 2 is a May game and Bravely Default is like a July or August game. Keep them a good 2-3 months apart if true.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Oh yeah, I think I might have seen it posted here when I first checked in today, but I didn't read the surrounding posts: what do we make of the Animal Crossing feature in that Nintendo Dream magazine or whatever going out on the 21st? Anything of significance?

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018

Metro Redux was rumored for Switch while ago, but recently it was rated by PEGI and now multiple retailers in Russia have listed release date - February 7. If it's physical release i don't know if it's possible to release it in this timeframe if Direct is January 15-16.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yeah it's been a while since anything from THQ or deep silver was featured in a direct. spongebob, darsiders 1, 2 and genesis, saints row, red faction, none of them have been in a direct.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
yeah it's been a while since anything from THQ or deep silver was featured in a direct. spongebob, darsiders 1, 2 and genesis, saints row, red faction, none of them have been in a direct.
Doesn't seem like Nintendo has a strong relationship with those publishers. For third-parties we should only expect stuff from the usual suspects: Square Enix, Ubisoft, Capcom, Bethesda, Bandai Namco and the like.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
it still makes me laugh how they did a whole-ass trailer for RE 5 and 6 ports at the E3 direct.
Still weird, eapecially the set-up; the Mansion they were in was more akin to RE VII. So there I was expecting a non-stream version of VII, but with the whole two new Resident Evil games are coming to Switch thing I realized 5 and 6 were ported.

Weird weird promo.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

After Jedi Knight was announced in September Direct, starwars.com had an update for the news claiming Jedi Academy is also slated for January 2020 release. They removed the Jedi Academy mention afterwards but Aspyr confirmed the Jedi Academy is coming without giving a date. Most likely is to be revealed in January direct for a shadowdrop.

Status
Not open for further replies.