• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
They've done such a great job of replicating the original game's artwork; it's really amazing.

Yet some people really think this could be one of those scrapped 3DS projects they moved to the Switch? lol.

Attack animations match with Super Mystery Dungeon. Similar to SwSh/SunMoon. But that's not a bad thing, animations in Super MD were really good I don't think SC could do better than that.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
We don't, just a case of enough people repeating vague "leaks" and jumping to conclusions. I've been watching this thread in Era and back on GAF before we all left purely for 3D World info. Everyone swore it was right around the corner since 2017. Still waiting lol.
To be honest 3D World is a no brainer though. They ported... Tokyo Mirage Sessions, which sorry fans of the game, seems to be scientifically designed to be a cult hit, you think they're not going to port a ready to go, 4 player co op Mario game which proportionally nobody played?

It'd be an easy mega hit.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
To be honest 3D World is a no brainer though. They ported... Tokyo Mirage Sessions, which sorry fans of the game, seems to be scientifically designed to be a cult hit, you think they're not going to port a ready to go, 4 player co op Mario game which proportionally nobody played?

It'd be an easy mega hit.
Not saying it isn't coming at some point, we just don't have any idea on when. Like I said, nearly every direct people swear it will be announced. Last Novemeber, it was basically confirmed, hell, even I bought into the hype and believed it. Put me in the camp that believes it will arrive in Switch's final year. I would looooove nothing more to be wrong, as 3D World is one of my favorite games of all time, but that's how I see it playing out. Still nothing credible that hints it's landing soon or even this year at all.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
I need to play that Pokémon MD demo.

The game looks so cool.

I was not terribly impressed. I don't know what kind of game it is, but art style aside it felt pretty crude. Pokemon Quest had me more invested within the same timeframe. I'll need to do a bit of reading or watch a quick look of some kind to figure out what the appeal is.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Not saying it isn't coming at some point, we just don't have any idea on when. Like I said, nearly every direct people swear it will be announced. Last Novemeber, it was basically confirmed, hell, even I bought into the hype and believed it. Put me in the camp that believes it will arrive in Switch's final year. I would looooove nothing more to be wrong, as 3D World is one of my favorite games of all time, but that's how I see it playing out. Still nothing credible that hints it's landing soon or even this year at all.
Huh? I feel like recently is only when we started talking about 3D World more. Maybe a little bit before the September direct because Emily mentioned it, but we really didn't talk about it much before this.

RainRainRain

Jan 15, 2018
Dude literally said don't tag him. Come on, guys.

I thought he didn't mind because all of the previous guys who tagged him were asking for new information.

I'm just trying to keep track of what he's said it's been pretty confusing because people tell me he's said "x" and I look through his post history and can't find where he's said such thing.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't check the thread for 1 day and you guys made 22 pages?!?!?!?!
source.gif

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I thought he didn't mind because all of the previous guys who tagged him were asking for new information.

I'm just trying to keep track of what he's said it's been pretty confusing because people tell me he's said "x" and I look through his post history and can't find where he's said such thing.
Paper Mario should be coming this year and fans of the series will likely be pleased with the game

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017

Except Emily said at least two more Wii U games are coming this year which "are not difficult to guess". To me 3D World is the easiest guess of all the remaining Wii U games to be ported.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Dude literally said don't tag him. Come on, guys.
Between the disregard to that request and this being the second time he is asking for the part that is not speculation, mk7t sounds to me like someone on a fishing trip, one of those twitter guys or one of those sites that will then run a story based on this

RainRainRain

Jan 15, 2018
Between the disregard to that request and this being the second time he is asking for the part that is not speculation, mk7t sounds to me like someone on a fishing trip, one of those twitter guys or one of those sites that will then run a story based on this

Or I just happen to like Paper Mario and want to know where the stuff this guy has said is coming from? Relax, please.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
breath of the wild 2 gets a name, release date, at the next nintendo direct. it launches with switch revision in the summer, prior to or around e3.

smg2: revealed at e3 2009, release date in february 2010, released in may/june (sorry eu) 2010
botw2: revealed at e3 2019, release date in jan/feb 2020, released in may/june 2020

regarding strategy it's this: do you want to wait and get a new system months from now *or* do you want a shiny new system now, with a brand new awesome game? botw2 will still be on the switch during the holiday season.

super mario game is their major holiday title. it plays better with families during the holiday season and there should be something that's not just a port for mario's 35th year. they treated super mario maker with a good deal of respect as the 30th anniversary game and super mario all-stars and super mario galaxy 2 on wii was their way of doing a 25th anniversary. pretty sure botw would have been given a 30th anniversary treatment on switch had it launched in 2016 as originally planned.

dmpillay

Mar 18, 2019
This thread goes through so many pages so fast it's hard to read them all after just a day away, it was fine when the rumour thread was active but that's dead now, couldn't we somehow summarise the rumours of the day/week within the thread? Make it more embedded so the sites can't just flock to it for their clickbait articles.

Still, this thread is the best, and we're about to have a 4th! All about when we think Nintendo might release another advertisement of their products for us to purchase soon after.

EDIT: spelling (and no not rumour Queen's English is best English)

OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019

If someone asks not to be tagged, don't tag them. It's easy to be overwhelmed by this sort of thing.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
We got Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon last March, we're getting Pokémon MD this march. Hopefully next year MD series will return to Dragon Quest, where it started. Give me Sylvando's Adventures Mystery Dungeon, Square!

Also I want:
Persona 5 Mystery Dungeon
Tales of the World Mystery Dungeon
Elder Scrolls Mystery Dungeon
Warcraft Mystery Dungeon
Star Wars Clone Wars Mystery Dungeon
Disney's Mickey Mouse and Friends Mystery Dungeon
Garfield Mystery Dungeon.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Except Emily said at least two more Wii U games are coming this year which "are not difficult to guess". To me 3D World is the easiest guess of all the remaining Wii U games to be ported.
Didn't she say it was coming last year as well? It's been hinted at multiple times in the past. So, forgive me if I don't put a whole lot of stock in that statement. There's still Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 which have also been heavily hinted at or requested. Could easily be those.

OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
This thread filles up so many pages so fast it's hard to read them all after just a day away, it was fine when the rumour thread was active but that's dead now, couldn't we somehow summarise the rumours of the day/week within the thread? Make it more embedded so the sites can't just flock to it for their clickbait articles.

Still, this thread is the best, and we're about to have a 4th! All about when we think Nintendo might release another advertisement of their products for us to purchase soon after.
Retrospectively I could've done my original policy of compiling hints in a "quote to reveal" block. I dunno, Phendrift can figure it out.

Speaking of which, Phendrift you ready? Post it right at 20k and I'll request the close.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Didn't she say it was coming last year as well? It's been hinted at multiple times in the past. So, forgive me if I don't put a whole lot of stock in that statement. There's still Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 which have also been heavily hinted at or requested. Could easily be those.
Pikmin 3 is absolutely one of the two games Emily hinted at (considering that she has openly talked about it before); but she also essentially confirmed The Wonderful 101 isn't one of them.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Or I just happen to like Paper Mario and want to know where the stuff this guy has said is coming from? Relax, please.
Or want to know where the stuff this guy had said is coming from? Really? Why should I or anyone relax when this is exactly how previous insiders have been driven away from Era...

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Also the fact that back in september, Emily talked about 3 ports : TMS (confirmed), Pikmin 3 and 3D World. Soooo yeah... Not really hard to guess lmao

dmpillay

Mar 18, 2019
For the millionth time don't tag insiders if they ask not to be tagged. The mods have asked you not to, that should be enough!

RainRainRain

Jan 15, 2018
Or want to know where the stuff this guy had said is coming from? Really? Why should I or anyone relax when this is exactly how previous insiders have been driven away from Era...

Again, relax. You're misinterpreting me. People tell me he has said "x" and I look through his post history and can't find it. For example, I can't find where he said a new game over a PM64 remake but some users here told me he did.

I'm not trying to ask for where his sources come from.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
The Zeldas should be interesting

If BotW2 is delayed we may see one or both of them pop up

If it's on schedule, I think they'll save that for final year filler

dmpillay

Mar 18, 2019
I had thought about that but then the thread would just be spammed with people quoting lol.

and yep! I'm ready to go

Makes sense that would be annoying, but maybe a bot could compile everything and post it upon request? It would stop people constantly asking for updates to the point of tagging insiders for info when they asked not to be tagged.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Nah she clearly name dropped Pikmin 3 and 3D World last year. TMS, Pikmin 3 and 3D World. TMS is confirmed, Pikmin 3 was supposed to release last year but got delayed internally.

She said TW101 is not happening for the moment.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense that would be annoying, but maybe a bot could compile everything and post it upon request? It would stop people constantly asking for updates to the point of tagging insiders for info when they asked not to be tagged.
You guys will see kinda what I've done in the OP in a few minutes.

It's probably not perfect and I'll take requests for how to fix it, but I do think it helps
1) not put a big spotlight on specific insiders
2) not give free headlines to NintendoSoup etc.
While also being a pretty good and up to date recap

it basically amounts to "trust me or just ask in the thread what you specifically wanna know"

OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
You guys will see kinda what I've done in the OP in a few minutes.

It's probably not perfect and I'll take requests for how to fix it, but I do think it helps
1) not put a big spotlight on specific insiders
2) not give free headlines to NintendoSoup etc.
While also being a pretty good and up to date recap

it basically amounts to "trust me or just ask in the thread what you specifically wanna know"
god damn you are a legend

Status
Not open for further replies.