• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dsripley

Sep 24, 2019
I wouldn't take this Animal Crossing info as being a definite that a direct is happening this week... Those joycon skins and accessories were up for preorder like a week and a half ago, so they're not leaks or brand new. The new renders of the villagers came from the Dreams magazine which we knew was coming anyway. I'm still not expecting a dedicated AC direct until February.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't take this Animal Crossing info as being a definite that a direct is happening this week... Those joycon skins and accessories were up for preorder like a week and a half ago, so they're not leaks or brand new. The new renders of the villagers came from the Dreams magazine which we knew was coming anyway. I'm still not expecting a dedicated AC direct until February.

Oh wait, it's skins? Trash.

ExoExplorer

Jan 3, 2019
New York City
I've been thinking. Wouldn't it make more sense for Nintendo to have an Animal Crossing focused general direct than for them to do an Animal Crossing only direct? They've done the former before with other games like Mario Tennis Aces. It makes more sense to me from an advertising standpoint. Having more eyes on it and everything. I suppose they might feel as though the appeal of it is limited with the Switch's current audience. Kinda like when they were showing off Ring Fit Adventure.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
So... This is what we got so far:

nintendo-2020.original.jpg
nintendo-2020.original.jpg

I have the feeling 2020 is going to be a pretty "discreet" year for me. I am ok with that.
I just noticed that stuff like Naruto UNS4 is missing from that list. I wonder what's the criteria to be on there.
Or it's just a random selection of partnered games...

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking. Wouldn't it make more sense for Nintendo to have an Animal Crossing focused general direct than for them to do an Animal Crossing only direct? They've done the former before with other games like Mario Tennis Aces. It makes more sense to me from an advertising standpoint. Having more eyes on it and everything. I suppose they might feel as though the appeal of it is limited with the Switch's current audience. Kinda like when they were showing off Ring Fit Adventure.

They haven't really done the spotlight format in recent years where a huge chunk of a Direct would be dedicated to one or two games. And I think that's a good decision - what people want from Directs is announcement after announcement without too much time "wasted" on staying on one topic.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
Who's ready for the animal crossing direct announcement today??

(to live is to suffer)

By this do you mean...

1) you don't really think an AC Direct will get announced ?

OR

2) you want a General Direct and you anticipating that Nintendo 3-weeks in a row will give us something (Pokemon Direct, trailers, Smash character reveal, etc) but still not a true full General Direct which the thing we really want?

mera

Oct 2, 2018
playing my switch
By this do you mean...

1) you don't really think an AC Direct will get announced ?

OR

2) you want a General Direct and you anticipating that Nintendo 3-weeks in a row will give us something (Pokemon Direct, trailers, Smash character reveal, etc) but still not a true full General Direct which the thing we really want?
Either is fine. I'd prefer a general direct but I think that's in the works for February.

Oct 26, 2017
Best result is a regular general direct with Animal Crossing as the major focus like they've done in the past, where an upcoming game gets a "headline" shout out in the Direct announcement, but of course will have lots of new game announcements and whatnot.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
I know this is stupid but I feel like there's no buzz for a Direct outside of this thread... I feel like usually the rest of the internet is a buzz with anticipation by time one is about to be announced... but there's no buzz.

That's why I don't think we'll see a Direct till February.

I know that's stupid logic. But it's all I got right now...

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I know this is stupid but I feel like there's no buzz for a Direct outside of this thread... I feel like usually the rest of the internet is a buzz with anticipation by time one is about to be announced... but there's no buzz.

That's why I don't think we'll see a Direct till February.

I know that's stupid logic. But it's all I got right now...
Was there any buzz before for a Poké or Smash direct? Don't recall much hype for either, but people just anticipating a general one, which obviously did not happen -, which, in turn, makes the lack of any buzz right now understandable.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I think the tone of Animal Crossing would shine more in its own dedicated Direct. It needs a slower paced presentation, which might feel out of place in a bigger Direct. They've done it before though, and it certainly works.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Apparently Spawnwave and Rogersbase have a video coming out discussing Paper Mario and whanot.

Nuts.

NappingRat

Jul 2, 2018
Apparently Spawnwave and Rogersbase have a video coming out discussing Paper Mario and whanot.

Nuts.
People will cover whatever we've got info on at the moment (they won't stop making videos on a schedule, grasping at Zippo straws if needed!).
In the absence of new info, I'll say that I hope for a sWIItch Sports Resort Dx possibly including the Ring-con,
more DLC for Mario Kart and Mario Party,
Splat spin-off,
Captain Toad 2,
Odyssey 2 or DLC,
All the ports that everyone talks about (Pikmin, 3D World, Samus Returns and 2357Trilogy, LBW...)

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Now, I don't believe this at all, but as a Fortune Street fan, I WANT to believe it so bad. I was just looking for Fortune Street stuff (anything in translations and such) as I do and found a 4chan thread the other day "leaking" a February 6th Direct with a new Fortune Street being the big announcement. I don't think I'm allowed to link, so I'll just quote it.

> Fortune Street: GOLD

I saw the direct a few weeks early and there was this strange DQ & Mario crossover that was very similar to the command board of Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep.

It really caught my atention so i'll post what it was revelaed, however im not only limited to this game i can answer more stuff of other games of the direct.

The game is called "Fortune Street: Gold" (the name is really lame, but whatever)

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Rosalina, Pauline, Toadette and Mallow from the Mario side and Jessica, Alena, Sylvando, Erik, Veronica, Loska and Daena from the Dragon Quest side were shown, named and confirmed.

The Boards Mario Starship, Delfino Square, Luncheon Kingdom, Whomp's Domino Ruins, Castle Trodain, Neos, Octagonia and Arazar were also shown, named and confirmed.

No much else was shown, besides a October 2020 release date.

>Other
A new IP called "Boost Kingdom", seems to be some sort of visual novel.
Port of Ni No Kuni 2.
New animal crossing trailer, i'm not really into animal crossing but seems similar of what was shown on previous directs, could be wrong i dont play those games.

> Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Nothing at all, i'm sorry if you were expecting something, this game was probably the most interesting part of the direct.

The weird thing is "Loska", "Daena", and "Araza" aren't the names of any current known Dragon Quest characters or place but sounds vaguely similar to some names from Dragon Quest X (Yushka, Irusha, and Farazar respectively).

The whole "Well gosh I've never heard of this before" attitude is kinda fishy to me and the title seems too simple to be real. But still I wish it was.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Inb4 no more General Directs, only game-specific ones. Welcome in the 20s everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.