• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
he said that he was just going to start talking about things he didn't know, he said that he wasn't going to give inside Infos anymore, he was just going to speculate, like we were all doing.

so just because he's an insider he's allowed to only talk about insider info?

wtf...

it's because people like you that almost all insiders stopped giving us hints.

people just cant control themselves, amazing
That's not what I said at all, nor was I talking specifically about Zippo.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
It is weird how some people have this mystical idea of an insider like they either know EVERYTHING or they know nothing ...

Like most insiders are actually someone that knows as much as you or me and happen to know ONE PERSON who like did a translation for ONE GAME and that person got a little too excited. Or it is a person from one dev team that because of the companie's secrecy knows shit about the rest of the company.

And that is ignoring when people think that everyone leaked WILL be released. Like there are no interal delays or cancelations or project changes. If someone leaked a brand new ip from rare for the gamecube and suddenly star fox adventures appeared they would say the person was lying.

no dia que precisarem de alguém pra ajudar vcs no site, dá um toque. adoro o conteúdo de vcs.

b4T9KEp.jpg

MusicProposition

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
a testy comment a day keeps the insiders away.

I thought that when Emily said she tends to avoid this community it was an extremely clear signal to handle their statements with care now

Necro Felipe

Editor-in-chief at Universo Nintendo
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Brasil
no dia que precisarem de alguém pra ajudar vcs no site, dá um toque. adoro o conteúdo de vcs.

Com certeza 😉

It is weird how some people have this mystical idea of an insider like they either know EVERYTHING or they know nothing ...

Like most insiders are actually someone that knows as much as you or me and happen to know ONE PERSON who like did a translation for ONE GAME and that person got a little too excited. Or it is a person from one dev team that because of the companie's secrecy knows shit about the rest of the company.

And that is ignoring when people think that everyone leaked WILL be released. Like there are no interal delays or cancelations or project changes. If someone leaked a brand new ip from rare for the gamecube and suddenly star fox adventures appeared they would say the person was lying.

b4T9KEp.jpg

🤣

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
It's great to see rarely-contributing lurkers continue to drive insiders away with snide, hostile, entitled comments.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, where did he even say that?
He already said multiple times, he is gonna be very explicit when it's insider info, anything else is just speculation.
I understand why he turned so hostile now, you are reading too much into his post and got upset, even though he is just here with everyone else speculating.

I don't like the high hostility that resulted from the post either. I'll refrain on this topic of insiders from now on.

Point is, that trust only goes so far. The insiders that are very respected here like Emily and Nate tend to do a good job not just in how they say things, but when not to say anything. Their message on what/what not to expect is very clear.

Because he keeps saying Mario Kart group should have a game this year and it's not a sequel to ARMS. He said BotW 2 and Odyssey 2 he's not expecting to release this holiday, but the big game will be a Mario title. Mario Kart, BotW 2 or Odyssey 2 are the only games that made sense to be the big holiday title imo

Here we can see some confusion spread about Zippo's statements. A lot of hope suddenly started riding on Mario Kart this holiday in the thread earlier today. I do not blame Zippo for the discourse getting out of hand, since it turns out they didn't intend to start a rumor on Mario Kart. It just goes to show how these are difficult topics.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
zippo, you're awesome, and you've been feeding us with a lot of cool hints. dont waste your time.
some of these guys barely come to this thread.

not worth it.

Thanks man, i really appreciate the kind words.

he said that he was just going to start talking about things he didn't know, he said that he wasn't going to give inside Infos anymore, he was just going to speculate, like we were all doing.

so just because he's an insider he's allowed to only talk about insider info?

wtf...

it's because people like you that almost all insiders stopped giving us hints.

people just cant control themselves, amazing
Oh and ignore that person. They're known for having a dumb axe to grind with insiders. Laughable.

Last edited:

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Oh and ignore that person. They're known for having a dumb axe to grind with insiders.
Pretty sure you got me ignored, but again, that comment wasn't about you and replying to someone else.
I have no axe to grind against insiders that have a record and don't try to build a fanbase.

edit: seriously it'd be nice if people took the time to read a full post and context before jumping posts and pages and jumping to conclusions because they've seen a word they didn't like.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
What is everyone's betting odds on Breath of the wild 2 coming this year

I'm at 60%

30%. The game sure will suffer from last minute additions.

Other stuff:
Bayonetta 3: 70%
Next Mario 3D: 5%
Monster Hunter Switch: 60%
Another platinum game: 40%
Another Fire Emblem: 70%
Any Donkey Kong game: 80%
Mario Golf: 20%
Mario Party 11: 85%

Sep 29, 2019
Kinda obvious, but - i wouldn't be around believing on Markomaro at all. I just think that it's hard for an "insider" with no record whatsoever just suddenly pop up talking about a thousand leaks and etc. Please don't take him seriously. It's easy to make stuff up.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
the only Nintendo game I can think of off the top of my head that got delayed super close to release is Super Smash Bros Brawl

it's all Sonic's fault

Sep 29, 2019
Plus - How "reliable" can EB Games be on these kinda things? Is SFV actually possibly coming to the Switch? I don't think a game Sony literally funded to be an exclusive just suddenly come to the Switch like that. Doesn't seem like a typo to me, and hasn't been deleted yet. So... true, fake?

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeesh, people are getting angsty in there. I think Sakurai needs to do another nice reveal of another FE character for Smash so we can all cool our heads a bit.

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
Era Insiders are the only reason that I've been able to stay calm and patient for this Direct. Silly for me to feel annoyed and impatient over a video presentation, I know. But it's true. I can't thank them enough for keeping me sane. They don't deserve the harassment at all.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Oct 25, 2017
Rate this 2020 Switch exclusive Lineup out of 10

Animal Crossing New Horizons
Pikmin 3 Deluxe
Metroid 5
Paper Mario Switch
No More Heroes 3
Bayonetta 3
Monster Hunter Switch
Mario and Rabbids 2
Super Mario 3D world Deluxe
Deadly Premonition 2
Bravely Default 2
Xenoblade DE
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX
Donkey Kong Country Switch
Ace Attorney 7
Style Savvy Switch
Detective Pickachu Switch
Rune Factory 5
SMT V
Pokemon Sword/Shield DLC

I give it an 8.5/10 for my personal tastes
giphy.gif

Sep 29, 2019

Pikmin 3 Deluxe
Metroid 5
Paper Mario Switch
No More Heroes 3
Bayonetta 3
Monster Hunter Switch
Mario and Rabbids 2
Deadly Premonition 2
Bravely Default 2
Xenoblade DE
Ace Attorney 7
Style Savvy Switch
Rune Factory 5
SMT V
Pokemon Sword/Shield DLC

There's only like ~3 games i wouldn't play there. This'd be the perfect year to me

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
30%. The game sure will suffer from last minute additions.

Other stuff:
Bayonetta 3: 70%
Next Mario 3D: 5%
Monster Hunter Switch: 60%
Another platinum game: 40%
Another Fire Emblem: 70%
Any Donkey Kong game: 80%
Mario Golf: 20%
Mario Party 11: 85%

80% chance of Donkey Kong this year? Am I reading this correctly? What on earth makes you say that?

Clov

Oct 25, 2017

Pikmin 3 Deluxe
Metroid 5
Paper Mario Switch
No More Heroes 3
Bayonetta 3
Monster Hunter Switch
Mario and Rabbids 2
Deadly Premonition 2
Bravely Default 2
Xenoblade DE
Ace Attorney 7
Style Savvy Switch
Rune Factory 5
SMT V
Pokemon Sword/Shield DLC

Hm, probably an 8/10. Excellent overall, but add the localized Famicom Detective Club games and it would become an instant 10.

80% chance of Donkey Kong this year? Am I reading this correctly? What on earth makes you say that?

I mean, you seemed pretty confident that we'd be getting a new Mario Kart this year. I'm not sure if you have much room to criticize.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Eh, definitely not going to even approach anything Capcom. They've been C&D happy recently and i ain't fucking with that shit even a little bit.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I'm at 60% on Zelda coming this year. New development resources, existing tech, concepts and engines being used, plus we currently have few options for a realistic big title for the end of the year as things stand. Plus I love Zelda and am attempting to will this into happening.

I've been wondering if Nintendo would do something for Fire Emblem's 30th anniversary but I've gotta say it seems unlikely, unless a spin-off or further Three Houses DLC comes along. I assume they'll do some anniversary events in Heroes, though.

Playing through Dragon Quest XI is just making me think how great traditional JRPGs can still be when they're executed well - and it makes me want a traditional JRPG set in the Fire Emblem universe. You follow a party of characters across a war ravaged continent, and there's an emphasis on class types - either a flexible system for you to play with or each party member has a clearly defined class. Turn based combat. Big emphasis on support conversations but smaller character count allows more detailed stories to develop between party members and so on. Kick ass soundtrack and gorgeous character art.

I don't see it happening, but I would like to have that game.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
I've been wondering if Nintendo would do something for Fire Emblem's 30th anniversary but I've gotta say it seems unlikely, unless a spin-off or further Three Houses DLC comes along. I assume they'll do some anniversary events in Heroes, though.

Maybe they'll make some special merch available at the Fire Emblem Expo in Osaka this year!

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Just made a bet with my brother.

I say we get a name and a small MP4 teaser at this year's E3 Nintendo direct. My bother says wait until next year.

Bet is shave head.

How are my odds looking???

Edit: we both use very short hair, so shaving is not that much of a change.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I feel like I'm the only one who would rather have Rare Replay over Halo MCC on Switch.
I'll take the Rare games on the Nintendo Switch Online N64 app.
Don't really like what came from Rare after, and even their N64 games nowadays I feel aren't as fun anymore, they didn't age well, outside of GoldenEye (even Perfect Dark, I don't like most of its level design anymore) and like, half of the first Banjo.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
But Retro isn't the only team that can work on Donkey Kong, and EPD 9 could easily work on another project entirely.

When is the last time EPD made a Donkey Kong game? And when is the last time EPD 9 made a Mario Kart game? It speaks for itself.

Also, the only teams likely to make a Donkey Kong game are the 3D Mario team (confirmed to be working on a 3D Mario game due to job listings) and the 2D Mario team (confirmed to be making a 2D Mario Universe game due to job listings). They're both taken. EPD 9 is not taken, they could be working on anything......

Inb4 EPD 9 makes a Donkey Kong game.

Status
Not open for further replies.