• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Still baffling the official Animal Crossing twitter hasn't said anything for over 4 weeks now. I can't figure out what Nintendo's angle is with Animal Crossing at all.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Still baffling the official Animal Crossing twitter hasn't said anything for over 4 weeks now. I can't figure out what Nintendo's angle is with Animal Crossing at all.
January 1st, me : "oooh boy, there you go ! They'll start to promote the game HARD from now on ahah ! That box art ! Holy shit Isabelle has a new outfit, so cool ! Those new characters ! The TV ad is so cool ! Bring on the news now !"

One month later, nothing.
I think they just forgot us.

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

seems like a huge missed opportunity not to do daily tweets of small details from the game to build hype. Just show us new furniture or clothing... anything would be better than the current slow drip of information from third party sources.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
There is no new Animal Crossing info now, but pretty soon someone at Nintendo will flip a switch to begin the final marketing push and you will be begging Nintendo to stop talking about Animal Crossing.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe let the guys who've been ace-ing the marketing of their new console and all its games do their job like they usually do.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Maybe let the guys who've been ace-ing the marketing of their new console and all its games do their job like they usually do.
Mario Maker 2's marketing wasn't that great and we've heard rumors about Nintendo being disappointing in its sales and realized their marketing choices were at fault.

Animal Crossing will be fucking huge, but we still can note that its marketing plan has been really weird (the delay is obviously at fault here, but they could have figured out their new marketing plan better)

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Feels like they're not too confident in the game for some reason.
That's definitely not the reason of their marketing choices lol. It's Animal Crossing, but bigger with more customization. If anything they're REALLY confident in it lmao. This could explain the lack of new infos. "Why waste ressources on too many trailers ? It'll sell like crazy"

Truly don't get how they wouldn't feel confident in fucking Animal Crossing.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
I think once February hits, Nintendo's just going to ramp up the Animal Crossing marketing all the way. All Animal Crossing, all the time! It'll be great.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo literally revealed it by just saying "animal crossing on switch". If they were worried, they wouldn't do that. They know that alone is enough to sell millions.

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Whenever there is a vote on when I think the next direct will be I always pick whatever is the latest possible option. Served me well so far.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
Nintendo has been pretty good with the big series on Switch so far, I don't really see that changing with Animal Crossing.

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
As much as I'd love Animal Crossing to bomb so I can stop seeing people gush about furry chores simulator, it's not going to happen. The fanbase has already whipped itself into a frenzy over this one, even despite the relative media silence there's been regarding it. Chances are Nintendo's either A. confident it'll do numbers and are putting that ad money towards games that might need the help, or B. Are waiting until we get into Feb to do a big media blitz on it. My bet's on the latter.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
There is no new Animal Crossing info now, but pretty soon someone at Nintendo will flip a switch to begin the final marketing push and you will be begging Nintendo to stop talking about Animal Crossing.
Nah theres been way too much Animal Crossing info already. I beg you Nintendo, stop talking about Animal Crossing.
/s

As much as I'd love Animal Crossing to bomb so I can stop seeing people gush about furry chores simulator, it's not going to happen.
Ow_the_edge.jpg

Don't know if anyone's ever told you this, but people are allowed to like things you don't. I'm not an AC fan, but they've waited 8 years for a new entry, I hope it's a high quality, successful game for the sake of the fans and creators alike.

Last edited:

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
As much as I'd love Animal Crossing to bomb so I can stop seeing people gush about furry chores simulator, it's not going to happen. The fanbase has already whipped itself into a frenzy over this one, even despite the relative media silence there's been regarding it. Chances are Nintendo's either A. confident it'll do numbers and are putting that ad money towards games that might need the help, or B. Are waiting until we get into Feb to do a big media blitz on it. My bet's on the latter.

Why do some people want to see the hard work of hundreds of artist, planners, PR, designers, managers, etc. bomb? Why do you want to see a game that so many love do poorly and not be good?

I don't know what you get out of wanting to see something others care about fail. That's sad.

I don't even like Animal Crossing but I hope it's good and succeeds because I'm happy for those who made it and those who enjoy and also its financial success leads to help fund more games I like.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mario Maker 2's marketing wasn't that great and we've heard rumors about Nintendo being disappointing in its sales and realized their marketing choices were at fault.

Animal Crossing will be fucking huge, but we still can note that its marketing plan has been really weird (the delay is obviously at fault here, but they could have figured out their new marketing plan better)

Rumors came from an unreliable insider, the game sold very well.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Are you fucking 12 years old?

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
Why do some people want to see the hard work of hundreds of artist, planners, PR, designers, managers, etc. bomb? Why do you want to see a game that so many love do poorly and not be good?

I don't know what you get out of wanting to see something others care about fail. That's sad.

I don't even like Animal Crossing but I hope it's good and succeeds because I'm happy for those who made it and those who enjoy and also its financial success leads to help fund more games I like.
I find the franchise boring and uninteresting to play, and I'd rather see the resources put into it used somewhere else, in a game I'd enjoy more. Simple as that.

I know it's not going to happen, as it's a popular franchise with a dedicated fanbase, but that doesn't mean I have to celebrate a big series I couldn't care less about. If the latest game bombed and they decided to steer clear of the franchise for a while, it'd be a net positive for me, because it'd mean I no longer have to see as much of it and it's fanbase as I currently do, and the resources that would've been put towards the next one would instead go to another game I would potentially enjoy more. I'm sure others feel the same way about series they're not as fond of as well. A similar sentiment of "why did they put their money towards this" commonly pops up around Starfox whenever it gets it's once-per-console revival. I just feel that way about AC.

beansontoast

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2020
Not surprised to see people actively wanting a game, that is taylored to a demographic different to the usual gaming fare, to fail. Honestly why do you even care...

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
I find the franchise boring and uninteresting to play, and I'd rather see the resources put into it used somewhere else, in a game I'd enjoy more. Simple as that.

I know it's not going to happen, as it's a popular franchise with a dedicated fanbase, but that doesn't mean I have to celebrate a big series I couldn't care less about. If the latest game bombed and they decided to steer clear of the franchise for a while, it'd be a net positive for me, because it'd mean I no longer have to see as much of it and it's fanbase as I currently do, and the resources that would've been put towards the next one would instead go to another game I would potentially enjoy more. I'm sure others feel the same way about series they're not as fond of as well.

Found the edgy 13 year old.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
All Animal Crossing money should go into not making more F-Zero games. Every time AC sells something they should push a F-Zero game further away.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017

I know it's not going to happen, as it's a popular franchise with a dedicated fanbase, but that doesn't mean I have to celebrate a big series I couldn't care less about. If the latest game bombed and they decided to steer clear of the franchise for a while, it'd be a net positive for me, because it'd mean I no longer have to see as much of it and it's fanbase as I currently do, and the resources that would've been put towards the next one would instead go to another game I would potentially enjoy more. I'm sure others feel the same way about series they're not as fond of as well.

I feel that most people simply accept that people with differing tastes than themselves exist and deserve games that appeal to them, rather than actively hoping that only you should be catered to.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
If it were up to me all Nintendo money would go into Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing.
And maybe a fire emblem x animal crossing game, either it's fire emblem but you have Isabelle and Tom Nook as part of your team, or it's animal crossing but you have Claude and Chrom as neighbors.

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
Found the edgy 13 year old.
It's edgy to have preferences for what kinds of games you want to see made? I'm not advocating for Nintendo to stop making Animal Crossing, it's clearly a good business move for them and it's a popular series of theirs. Clearly they're not going to do that any time soon. From a personal standpoint, however, I'd prefer if the budget spent on the series went towards something else. Would it make as much business sense? Maybe not, but I'm strictly talking what I'd personally like here.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
If it were up to me all Nintendo money would go into Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing.
And maybe a fire emblem x animal crossing game, either it's fire emblem but you have Isabelle and Tom Nook as part of your team, or it's animal crossing but you have Claude and Chrom as neighbors.
I'd kill Kirby and use the extra money to make DK a consistent franchise

Luckily for him Kirby is immortal and cannot be killed

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
It's edgy to have preferences for what kinds of games you want to see made? I'm not advocating for Nintendo to stop making Animal Crossing, it's clearly a good business move for them and it's a popular series of theirs. Clearly they're not going to do that any time soon. From a personal standpoint, however, I'd prefer if the budget spent on the series went towards something else. Would it make as much business sense? Maybe not, but I'm strictly talking what I'd personally like here.
You sound like a child.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018

It is edgy to want a franchise to bomb just to not see it advertised as much, or to interact with its fanbase. Not to mention selfish and childish.

You have likes, everyone has. But instead of trying to bring fanbases down, maybe try to bring positive or constructive discourse.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017

Now that sounds like some great games! I'd be in on day one.

But if it were up to me, Nintendo would cancel the Switch and start focusing more on what really matters: Hanafuda cards! Just imagine: F-Zero is back! In card form!

beansontoast

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2020
I have literally never played an animal crossing game in my life, but animal crossing is clearly far more deserving of nintendo's investment than almost all of their other franchises, if only for the fact that it appeals to loads of people that don't get catered to and is not a platform/fighting/sports thing unlike almost every other videogame. Its absolutely selfish as fuck to want to take away a game from people who don't have that many that suit them, in order to add another to the plethora that probably suit you. I have loads of friends for which animal crossing really helps calm them when they are anxious etc and that alone is a more compelling reason for a game to exist than most of the ones you probably enjoy.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I don't care about Animal Crossing in any way, shape or form. Gatekeeping is super unhealthy and not conductive at all.

That said, I'm happy for every single fan out there who's looking forward to it. Hope it delivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.