• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Financial Release and Investors Briefing Info
OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Here is the info for the investors stuff going down this week.

t1580371200z4.png

This countdown is for the Financial Release. Here we should expect updates on sales. Particularly, games that sold 1m+ this past quarter and the top 10 selling Switch games. Look forward to updates on recent games Pokémon Sword and Shield, Link's Awakening, and Luigi's Mansion 3 as well as evergreens such as BotW, Smash, Odyssey and MK8D.

t1580432400z4.png

this countdown is for the Investors Briefing. Here, Nintendo will tell investors how they plan to approach the upcoming year. Don't expect much in the way of new console game announcements. However, mobile games have historically been announced here. As well as non-gaming ventures such as the Mario movie and Universal theme parks. There is also a Q&A that gets posted, sometimes with interesting questions and sometimes humorous.

Thanks to Dark Cloud for the countdowns!

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Don't do the same mistake Pachter has made for several years in reference to Q2 financial results: they're going to have the Investor Briefing. It's just that the website will update the schedule once financial results are released.

dkcfan

Banned
Jan 21, 2020
Why we look foward to the briefing. Nothing big t gonna to show there. Maybe an new mobile game. But the mobile games are not so good

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Today is the day January Direct dies

IIRC they announced it in the last Direct
Nope. Wasn't in any direct.

This was a complete shadow drop. Twitter Directs are so 2019. It's shadow drop Directs all the way 2020.

edit: There was news about some Korean rating agency listing the game but that's it.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
looks like capcom hasn't given up on portable MH after all...
good news about thronebreaker coming to switch. i wonder if they can do a switch port of witcher 2, i imagine it would do quite well.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if the assets used in the MH mobile game are new? If they are new they might indicate how MH Switch might look like and it makes a MH Switch game more likely to exist imo.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
thronebreaker is a shadow drop?! i sure hope it wasn't part of a cancelled direct.

Does anyone know if the assets used in the MH mobile game are new? If they are new they might indicate how MH Switch might look like and it makes a MH Switch game more likely to exist imo.
these wouldn't be the assets used in a proper MH game. they're just repeating the style of of MH stories, the 3DS spin-off

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
But 99.9% this still isn't what's behind the Next tease by Ichinose (who didn't work on Stories either).
Yep.

If anybody should be upset by this announcement, again, it's Stories fans. This is about as blatant as it gets when it comes to Capcon trying to wring every cent out of those assets crafted for that game. You know it's real when they're doing sign-ups for a game that's not coming out until likely close to the end of this year!

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
I know it's a long shot considering the company Treasure is basically dead at this point and I'm not positive if it's Treasure or Nintendo that owns the IP but, i recently played Sin and Punishment Star Successor for the first time and it was freaking fantastic i'd love a sequel on Switch.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
remember when miyamoto casually mentioned famicom detective club when answering an investor's question and then 2 months later the remakes were announced?

I know it's a long shot considering the company Treasure is basically dead at this point and I'm not positive if it's Treasure or Nintendo that owns the IP but, i recently played Sin and Punishment Star Successor for the first time and it was freaking fantastic i'd love a sequel on Switch.
would be really cool if it happened, but if it did it'd probably be developed by another studio under the supervision of treasure.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hyped for whatever new mobile game they're showing! Could be Zelda, but I'd love a Splatoon one!

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I know that, and that's fine.

Still, I warn all of you to keep your expectations very low. May not get anything.

No offense but no one knows what they are going to say at the briefing. And if this is a general warning then yes no one should expect a secret Direct out of it lol. You will most likely just get sales talk and maybe if you are lucky one or two hints.

Status
Not open for further replies.