• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've always thought that getting BOTW2 was a 50/50. Really hope it is coming sooner than later.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Sabi living rent free in this topic's head is funny to me. What a master troll.

Unfortunate that the Outer Worlds isn't treated as a big enough release to warrant a real physical release.

Frankish

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Sabi obviously reads this thread and steals the vague hints our insiders drop. It's obvious to anyone paying attention. So why do people keep posting their tweets here? And why do other people get mad about it? I just don't understand. What a strange feedback loop.

NintenDOOM

Jan 8, 2020
France
I wanted to do The Outer Worlds on my Switch, but since they skipped the physical version I won't buy the game and play it through Gamepass eventually. It is ridiculous to make a plastic box with "game card not included" written on it...

Rantanplang17

Mar 30, 2019
Sabi obviously reads this thread and steals the vague hints our insiders drop. It's obvious to anyone paying attention. So why do people keep posting their tweets here? And why do other people get mad about it? I just don't understand. What a strange feedback loop.

Did Sabi ever made a "leak" by his own that reveal to be true ? Just curious?

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019

What is the point of any of those people? I don't get it. They say really vague stuff that anyone could say and it doesn't mean anything. Do they just want attention?

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017

FGPack

Jan 19, 2020
Italy
Ok "insiders" are at it again. Anyway i was doubtful on buying Outer Worlds. Now that i know that physical version has no cartridge i'm damn sure to skip it. About the launch date it makes me wonder about the February Direct. It can still be part of the 3rd party storm during Directs that Nintendo started to do recently, but still it makes me worry about it :\

Briefing
OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder: Nintendo's Investors Brieifing and Q&A is in about 9 hours! Don't expect new console game announcements, but broad statements on their strategy going forward or perhaps a mobile game announcement are possible!

t1580432400z4.png

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Cross-posting what I wrote in another thread:

I know most big third party devs are prepping for next-gen, but considering how likely it is that Switch will surpass 70 mil by this time next year, I wonder how the internal support discussions among third parties change. I don't mean to move the goalposts because 53 mil is stupid impressive, but obviously plans can't change on a dime; I wonder how 2021 and 2022 will look for Switch as this new generation starts to propel forward.

Idk, it's fair that nobody saw the Switch coming, but it's strange they're still having trouble adjusting.

EDIT: sorta flying in the face of what I just said:

Needs a big download but not too surprising given that the game was around 40GB on PS4/XB1.

Excellent. I may actually finish it on this platform.

Cross-save functionality PLEASE.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say the second best-selling Fire Emblem yet is being held back - it's outsold other JRPGs like Xenoblade 2 and Octopath and it'll keep selling. It'll break the 3 million mark lifetime, for sure - that's a great result for Fire Emblem.
Seeing that Smash number, I'm so curious how many of them bought the Fighters Pass.

Luigi's Mansion 3 sales are excellent and well-deserved for that magnificent game.

I think Three Houses still needs like 100k to beat Fates. Great number for it though I did expect a little more.

Per Nintendo in October:

12345.PNG

Fates' true sales numbers—excluding discounted DLC sales that likely inflate the 2.94m figure—were less than Awakening, and it had substantially worse legs.

Three Houses is already the best-selling Fire Emblem by a good margin.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Cross-posting what I wrote in another thread:

I know most big third party devs are prepping for next-gen, but considering how likely it is that Switch will surpass 70 mil by this time next year, I wonder how the internal support discussions among third parties change. I don't mean to move the goalposts because 53 mil is stupid impressive, but obviously plans can't change on a dime; I wonder how 2021 and 2022 will look for Switch as this new generation starts to propel forward.

Idk, it's fair that nobody saw the Switch coming, but it's strange they're still having trouble adjusting.

EDIT: sorta flying in the face of what I just said:

Excellent. I may actually finish it on this platform.

Cross-save functionality PLEASE.

Lol why we so worried about 3rd party on switch when it really hasn't been whats selling the switch

Reminds me of this post which gave me a good laugh
PhyGdET.png

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Lol why we so worried about 3rd party on switch when it really hasn't been whats selling the switch

Reminds me of this post which gave me a good laugh
PhyGdET.png
Not worried about it on a business standpoint, but it's my primary platform and it's where I've played a lot of big third party games, so that's more what I meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.