• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MusicProposition

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
I still believe in the 'general Direct right after Pokémon Direct - algorithm'. And since there's only one day between announcement and direct for general directs, Wednesday will be the date to look out for

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Ah ok. If nothing gets announced in January it'd not a huge deal. Nothing really changes if they do a big Direct Jan vs Feb. Gonna be pretty thirsty in here tho.

It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but it could raise some questions from investors when they have the investor meeting on January 31st.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
Certainly wouldn't give me much faith in the company. 3rd year of Switch's lifespan, probably 1-2 years of unified handheld and console development, and Nintendo's output is actually weaker?

Doubt.
I see no reason to believe Nintendo won't have normal amounts of first party games this year tbh. Unless stuff slips ala Fire Emblem.

Yeah. I call BS on that. So much doom & gloom! Similar sentiments on the XBox & PS thread too...must be real world feelings bleeding into our gaming consciousness.

Edit: saw the explanation of announced versus actually planned.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018

_Malus_

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I just woke up and suddenly everyone is quite negative here. xD
Any news that happened which would deconfirm a direct this week?

Mar 23, 2018
It is in spanish, but the tweet shows that if there is no Nintendo Direct this month, this will be the year with fewer first party games announced by far. That uncertainty will not please investors at the end of the month when the fiscal results are published.
News are totally coming before the end of this month, whether Direct or not. Can you imagine Furukawa/ Nintendo to investors:

We've got nothing but Animal Crossing and XenobladeCDE, folks. You can go with your families now. Please, inform your loved ones that there are RPGs, and then there's Dragon Quest, the series that defined the genre and the latest entry has charged onto Nintendo Switch in full force, pairing the series beloved style and perfectly balanced battles with the most impressive scope and elaborate story in series history. Where there is light, darkness follows, for no one does this ring truer than the Luminary, the boy the prophecy says will succeed the last hero and protect the world from a terrible land. In an odd twist of fate, the boy's royal birthright is snatched from him. On the day becomes an adult, he finally discovers his true heritage and the powers that make him the Luminary. When he goes to the king of the largest kingdom for guidance, he is dubbed darkspawn, so begins the perilous journey of a hunted hero and the ragtag band of adventurers will join him on his quest to set things right. Adventure. Exploring. Comrades. Skill build up. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition is now available on the Nintendo Switch. Metroid Prime 4 has been re-rebooted and is now a Samus X Star Fox game where you can only fly with Samu's ship around.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
And I'm sure all Nintendo needs to do is say that they have a lot of content planned for the year that will be announced soon.

For real. People should stop bringing up the investor's meeting as an indication for a Direct this month. Neither Nintendo nor the investors care about the line up as long as the sales numbers are fantastic which they are.
We had the same freaking discussion last year too.
"Nintendo has to air a Direct before the meeting and announce new games otherwise the investors won't be pleased."
What happened? Nintendo didn't care and aired the Direct two weeks after the meeting.
Mind you I am not saying there won't be a Direct this month but the investor's meeting is 100% not an indication of one happening before the 31st January.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
We're already into 2020, that was fine in late 2019 but we can't really pretend this is fine now.

Like 2 weeks in.
Theyll announce more stuff at some point, if it's not january it will be soon.
Besides they also have fire emblem, smash and pokemon dlc coming in the first half of the year so they have a decent amount of stuff to release, I doubt there is a ton more for the first half of the year.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
News are totally coming before the end of this month, whether Direct or not. Can you imagine Furukawa/ Nintendo to investors:

We've got nothing but Animal Crossing and XenobladeCDE, folks. You can go with your families now. Please, inform your loved ones that there are RPGs, and then there's Dragon Quest, the series that defined the genre and the latest entry has charged onto Nintendo Switch in full force, pairing the series beloved style and perfectly balanced battles with the most impressive scope and elaborate story in series history. Where there is light, darkness follows, for no one does this ring truer than the Luminary, the boy the prophecy says will succeed the last hero and protect the world from a terrible land. In an odd twist of fate, the boy's royal birthright is snatched from him. On the day becomes an adult, he finally discovers his true heritage and the powers that make him the Luminary. When he goes to the king of the largest kingdom for guidance, he is dubbed darkspawn, so begins the perilous journey of a hunted hero and the ragtag band of adventurers will join him on his quest to set things right. Adventure. Exploring. Comrades. Skill build up. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition is now available on the Nintendo Switch. Metroid Prime 4 has been re-rebooted and is now a Samus X Star Fox game where you can only fly with Samu's ship around.
Lmao

MusicProposition

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
I just woke up and suddenly everyone is quite negative here. xD
Any news that happened which would deconfirm a direct this week?
Not really, but the absence of insider teases makes people skeptical of course. However if a direct takes place this week, it will most likely be on Thursday. And since the insiders get info only one day earlier, there's still plenty of room to hope.
Also a whole lot of other indicators.

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
For real. People should stop bringing up the investor's meeting as an indication for a Direct this month. Neither Nintendo nor the investors care about the line up as long as the sales numbers are fantastic which they are.
We had the same freaking discussion last year too.
"Nintendo has to air a Direct before the meeting and announce new games otherwise the investors won't be pleased."
What happened? Nintendo didn't care and aired the Direct two weeks after the meeting.
Mind you I am not saying there won't be a Direct this month but the investor's meeting is 100% not an indication of one happening before the 31st January.
Last year they already had lots of games announced for 2019 before the direct though

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I might be wrong here but I'm pretty sure the amount of "insider hints" for the last major Direct were also comparatively... quiet. Everyone mostly felt like they were speculating for an imminent drop because of the Smash leak

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I might be wrong here but I'm pretty sure the amount of "insider hints" for the last major Direct were also comparatively... quiet. Everyone mostly felt like they were speculating for an imminent drop because of the Smash leak
It was more quiet because we expected it, but Emily did confirm it for us

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
honestly i don't care all that much if there's no direct this week because Rina's dropping a single on Friday

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just gimme new Animal Crossing footage.

AcceptableShamefulFallowdeer-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.