• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesar III

Jan 3, 2018
Dark Cloud , we gotta talk buddy. I think you post just a little too much. You do play games once and a while, right?

jcGSN7e.png

Right?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!
Oh wow. Total insanity

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to put in Pyra and Mythra (still without Rex), but replaced the latter with Ayumi before things got too cluttered. I'll probably end up sending Phendrift an updated logo or two during the duration of this thread (if we get new renders for some characters, or some new characters altogether) so i'll keep that in mind.
Oooh yeah the next direct should give us some renders, I'd love to keep updating it as much as you want!

also should try to cycle through the Three Houses lords

yes I want edelgard

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Props to who did the image in the OP for putting Samus with a varia suit design that isn't the trash one from other m.

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm reading the "confirmed" and "unconfirmed"
How the hell is PlatinumGames looking for a publisher for Wonderful 101 when Nintendo co-owns the rights to it? Shouldn't Nintendo be the publisher?

Oct 27, 2017
United States
If there is a "Pro" unit coming out this year, do we expect it to be shown off in a direct or get the same treatment as Lite did?

Personally I can see them hyping up a beefier version that's slated for Q2/Q3, but a launch title would need to go with it imo, and the obvious choice is BotW2, but if that's a 2020 title then it definitely will be a holiday title. That of course is not a problem, Odyssey served the same purpose, but if they want to release a new model before the holiday season then they got to provide a title that has perks being played on a stronger system.

Edit: Grammar

I would expect a new version of the Switch to receive its own announcement. This has been true for the Switch and Switch Lite, as well as most revisions to the 3DS. The only models that were announced within a Direct were the New 3DS family. Even the original 3DS was announced via a press release before being fully unveiled at E3 2010.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing OT Phendrift!

This discussion is moving really fast now, hope a Direct is imminent for our sanity.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I was going to put in Pyra and Mythra (still without Rex), but replaced the latter with Ayumi before things got too cluttered. I'll probably end up sending Phendrift an updated logo or two during the duration of this thread (if we get new renders for some characters, or some new characters altogether) so i'll keep that in mind.
What a year we live in. Ayumi Tachibana being relevant enough to appear in a banner representing the Switch era.
This is so good.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Good new OT! I'm ready to lose massive amounts of productivity this week with my attention on a direct that may or may not happen.

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
How the hell is PlatinumGames looking for a publisher for Wonderful 101 when Nintendo co-owns the rights to it? Shouldn't Nintendo be the publisher?
Nintendo could technically tell P* they're willing to work out a licensing deal with another 3rd party publisher for a sequel or port if the numbers check out. An unlikely scenario, but it's definitely possible.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Good title and new OT.
Was this shared yet?

Way too much imo, but a new rumor nonetheless.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
If I understand it right, the idea is Nintendo doesn't want to publish it because they don't see it making a profit, so Platinum is looking for someone else who thinks it will.

Nintendo does co-own the IP as far as we know, so if W101 Switch is published by someone else they'd probably just get a cut of whatever money it makes and have nothing else to do with the game.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wart's in that Nintendo employee recruitment handbook.

3D World is rumored to get a port.

This is more than a coincidence, Link's Awakening was just the beginning! Time for a Subcon world in 3D World Deluxe. It would be fitting to build on the SMB2 USA connections it already has.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
I missed the talk of Pikmin 3 getting more content as part of its port. (That almost makes me think Pikmin 4 would have to be a reboot of the franchise or a left turn if they'd make new stuff within the Pikmin 3 engine.) Does anyone have a link to more info? Or is the text in the OP everything that's been said?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Wart's in that Nintendo employee recruitment handbook.

3D World is rumored to get a port.

This is more than a coincidence, Link's Awakening was just the beginning! Time for a Subcon world in 3D World Deluxe. It would be fitting to build on the SMB2 USA connections it already has.
Everyone expects a new Odyssey-themed world and playable Pauline, when we all get caught off-guard with a Subcon world and playable Birdo instead.

Obviously to coincide with the release of the Super Mario USA theme in Mario Maker 2 ;)

superbright

Feb 11, 2019
United Kingdom
All I want from this direct is another trailer so good I can't watch it without crying just like the Nintendo Switch 2017 Presentation Breath of The Wild trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.