• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Every time you ask if there is a direct, an Animal Crossing character is taken out back and sent to a farm upstate.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Direct cancelled

Close the thread
giphy.gif

Priest: Nintendo
Dude in front: Pokemon fans
Kid: us

Cheesehead302

Jun 7, 2019
Ah yeah, that dude's vaping post is how I'm feeling. With the Konami guy's statement there's now a super ultra duper maybe for this week, lol. This Direct antsyness is child's play compared to what I was feeling in 2016 and maybe a little of 2017. It's kind of nice because I won't be as phased as I was back then if we don't get a Direct, mainly because we aren't extremely starved for content like we were then. But, I will admit when someone mentioned the length it's been since the last Direct I was kind of surprised with how long it's been and right on the tail end of that period I'm getting a little bit antsy. But I mean it's Nintendo Direct speculation how could you not?

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Seeing how E3 is dying an even SOny switched to a direct-like format, what do you think the next step would like?
And what would be the last direct?
do you think it would be a celebration?
or would they just peter out?

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Even if Nintendo pulls out of E3 entirely, a June Direct is always just something that will happen.

They'd just do demo and press events for people and press outlets.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
A Direct announcement tomorrow or Wednesday would make my week so much more comforting with starting my new job tomorrow. Fingers crossed

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
You guys are missing that they revealed this week's event a day earlier than they usually do.

So Smash announcement coming soon that would take up their regular social media posting time?

Plum

May 31, 2018
I'm still thinking that it's going to be announced tomorrow if it's this week, but that's just my pessimism talking as I would have to miss watching it live if that did happen.

Though looking through prior Directs it seems like Nintendo has only once had two 'Directs' within 7 days of each other, and that was with an E3 Direct where the circumstances are different (the date isn't dictated by Nintendo; so it doesn't seem that likely that Nintendo would have a Pokemon Direct and a Nintendo Direct within the same 'week'. Every other time two close Directs have been at least 7 days apart, and pretty much always on the same day of the week. Even the delayed Direct from 2018 was moved over to the following week on the exact same day.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Remember when someone brought up how Nintendo stopped doing Game Trials after the first and only one? lol

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I'm still thinking that it's going to be announced tomorrow if it's this week, but that's just my pessimism talking as I would have to miss watching it live if that did happen.

Though looking through prior Directs it seems like Nintendo has only once had two 'Directs' within 7 days of each other, and that was with an E3 Direct where the circumstances are different (the date isn't dictated by Nintendo; so it doesn't seem that likely that Nintendo would have a Pokemon Direct and a Nintendo Direct within the same 'week'. Every other time two close Directs have been at least 7 days apart, and pretty much always on the same day of the week. Even the delayed Direct from 2018 was moved over to the following week on the exact same day.
I thought we were all thinking if it happened this week it'd be announced tomorrow and then air on the 16th, so it would 7 days apart they wouldn't it?
I don't think it will happen on wednesday this year.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I thought we were all thinking if it happened this week it'd be announced tomorrow and then air on the 16th, so it would 7 days apart they wouldn't it?
I don't think it will happen on wednesday this year.

If it's announced tomorrow it'll be for a Wednesday release, for if it's gonna happen on the 16th then it'll be announced on Wednesday. General Nintendo Directs are always announced around about 32 hours prior to their start; there seems to be some weird misinformation or confusion going on where everyone believes they're announced 2 days prior instead.

I don't want it to happen on Wednesday but I guess my way-of-thinking leads me to mentally preparing for it to happen that day lol

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I've yet to play a Warriors game. I'd be tempted to try Hyrule, Fire Emblem or Dragon Quest tho.

Having played all three, I found them all to be enjoyable but Hyrule Warriors is my favorite. DQ Heroes plays a little different than the other two because it has some tower defense elements to it. Warriors games are a ton of fun but they're super repetitive. A ton of content though so perfect if you're the type of person that likes to mindlessly grind out better weapons and costumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.