• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
It would mke more sense to have the general before the AC direct imo.
There's still plenty of time to spoil AC for potential buyers.

Villa

Oct 28, 2017
Thank you Zippo! Will make the wait until it's officially announced easier! Really really hoping we'll see Paper Mario in this direct, it would be my most hyped upcoming game if it really is a return to form :)

FGPack

Jan 19, 2020
Italy
Now the real question is: if the general is really before the AC one, will the general Direct have an AC segment? If so how much space? mmm

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Now the question is, with the information available ... will this thread last until the day of the Direct, or will OT5 take over?

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't he say that he usually hears about directs like a week before they are announced? Could a general direct actually be this week?

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Alright then. Might as well let it out.

There's two Directs this month. You've already guessed what they obviously are. Not sure of the timing, but that Feburary 20th stuff lines up for AC.

Please don't flood me.

Wonder if this means there's no AC segment in the general Direct. There's no need for it if we're getting a dedicated one.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, which will be first? General or Animal Crossing?
General will happen first. The poster earlier said there's an embargo for Animal Crossing February 20. That makes sense for an Animal Crossing direct that week.

Nintendo hasn't done a general direct the second half of a month in over 6 YEARS. Preorders in Japan for AC open this week so that definitely points to the General Direct this week or February 13 the latest.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
All I know is Wednesday is my birthday. Having a direct announced before then or on that day would be delightful.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
So AC Direct and Nindies Direct this month. :D

Joke aside, are expecting general Direct this or next week?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The biggest question is if the general direct is this week or next week. The Japan preorders points to it being this week

Jet Jaguar

Dec 3, 2017
I pray to Crom for Metroid Prime HD. But I'll take that OoT reimagining too (which is probably fake but it's nice to want things).

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Now the real question is: if the general is really before the AC one, will the general Direct have an AC segment? If so how much space? mmm
Yeah, a 1:30 or 2 minutes long trailer showing Isabelle, KK and co. We still haven't seen them in game and it's kinda mind blowing. Especially Isabelle. The reveal of her new outfit on the box art was such anti climatic lmao.

"Oh uh, well there she is I guess"

If the direct is this week, there has to be an AC trailer because of the preorder that would open 2 days after it.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but still team #NoDirectUntilE3 was gaining momentum lol

Era prediction threads in a nutshell:

e2d.jpg

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
What did I mi...OMG !!!!! ;-)

I think AC preload in Japan are also on the 8th...So I guess a Direct will happen around that time. Maybe general Direct with mention of the upcoming big AC Direct. But wouldn't it be weird to have AC in both a general and a dedicated Direct so close from one another ?

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
I was going through Directs, and from what I saw, I will say I still expecting Direct next week,
but I hope I am wrong.

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Team February wins, we can choose one game now to be cancelled.

I want Metroid 5 cancelled so Mercury steam can make Castlevania Lords of Shadow 3!

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
So I already switched from team second week to team first week like over a week ago I think.
This week is more likely right?
Or we will sit here in anticipation for an announcement the next 2 tuesdays and wednesdays.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was going through Directs, and from what I saw, I will say I still expecting Direct next week,
but I hope I am wrong.
The most common answer is next week because looking at their past they never do directs the first week of February. The only reason I question it is because of Japan's preorders open the end of this week. If it wasn't for that I'd say February 13 too

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
What did I mi...OMG !!!!! ;-)

I think AC preload in Japan are also on the 8th...So I guess a Direct will happen around that time. Maybe general Direct with mention of the upcoming big AC Direct. But wouldn't it be weird to have AC in both a general and a dedicated Direct so close from one another ?
Doesn't have to be 10 minutes. A small trailer to hype people a little can be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.