• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to think what else there is. We have BotW 2 of course. Maybe Hyrule Warriors 2 or some new Zelda spin-off?

A new 2D Zelda maybe? Didn't Aonuma say that they can make a 2D and 3D Zelda with the same team at the same time? I guess we assumed that referred to LA but that was primarily Grezzo.

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
Haha, that's so sweet how everybody responded to Emily's pregnancy.
Congratulations Emily and take care.

So do you guys think we will get Pikmin or 3D World in April-June ?
I kinda expect both of them in H1, but that might be my endless optimism for a huge H2 packed full of new surprises.

I think they could come anytime in all honesty... Pikmin 4 is probably still a solid 12 months out, and Odyssey 2 seems a shoe-in for Holiday 2021 at this point.

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

dkcfan

Banned
Jan 21, 2020
I mean, im sick of these endless ports myself, but why do you "hope" that there is none?
[/QUOTE]

Because every year an Zelda title then Zelda games are not special anymore.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone notice that Team January is creeping up in the polls? Yesterday it was at 82, this morning 86, and now 88.

#teamjanuary for life

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
So Guys... it dure looks like that 13 is again our lucky Number this February like last Year😱

So we are sure getting 2 Directs this Month, wich inly leads to

13th February = General Direct
20th February = Animal Crossing Direct

So, one little News about AC I ant to share with you... so the File Size is gonna be 6.2 GB.

ValueImage.ashx

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
Well, if a Zelda port came in say September/ October region, then I think we're looking at BotW2 in second half of 2021 - I guess that's one reason to be a it apprehensive.

Then again, if that happened, theres probably Odyssey 2 to look forward to in H1 2021 so it's not all bad...
Ah, okay. Yeah, here are a lot people that have some kind of hate against some franchises (well, less in this thread), so i was not shure.

If there is a port instead of BotW2, then they knew it well in advance and the port could come in the summer and BotW2 in the first half, mabe they alreaddy decided thatBotW will come 2021 because it was to ambitious, who knows.

What i would wish: more smaller zelda games, like Awakening. Honestly, with the tech today, the development tools, and the formula alreaddy established, why was the last new 2D Zelda Link Between Worlds in 2013, 7 Years ago? And even that started as a LttP remake and relies heavily on former. With the OoT Engine on 3DS, the LbW engine (im speaking of simgleplayer zelda), or the Links Awakening engine now: do a new game with it! Dont throw everything away once again, or just make remakes.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i wish nintendo would get out even one single game on a 32GB cart so their prices would maybe drop down a bit and be more viable for 3rd parties. maybe botw 2 will be the first one :|

dkcfan

Banned
Jan 21, 2020
Ah, okay. Yeah, here are a lot people that have some kind of hate against some franchises (well, less in this thread), so i was not shure.

If there is a port instead of BotW2, then they knew it well in advance and the port could come in the summer and BotW2 in the first half, mabe they alreaddy decided thatBotW will come 2021 because it was to ambitious, who knows.

What i would wish: more smaller zelda games, like Awakening. Honestly, with the tech today, the development tools, and the formula alreaddy established, why was the last new 2D Zelda Link Between Worlds in 2013, 7 Years ago? And even that started as a LttP remake and relies heavily on former. With the OoT Engine on 3DS, the LbW engine (im speaking of simgleplayer zelda), or the Links Awakening engine now: do a new game with it! Dont throw everything away once again, or just make remakes.

But my question is why you want an other Zelda when Breath of the wild 2 is not coming this year. Let the old games in the past. And let we do it without an Zelda for an year

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
But my question is why you want an other Zelda when Breath of the wild 2 is not coming this year. Let the old games in the past. And let we do it without an Zelda for an year

Nintendo has stated that they want a yearly Zelda game.

Kind of a weird question, but did you used to have an account on the InsideUniversalForums? You kinda remind me of them.

dkcfan

Banned
Jan 21, 2020
Nintendo has stated that they want a yearly Zelda game.

Kind of a weird question, but did you used to have an account on the InsideUniversalForums? You kinda remind me of them.

When they have MK9 for the holidays the don't need an Zelda game for this year. must stay an special serie Zelda. And when there bring yearly Zelda. Zelda games are not so special anymore.

And no i have no account there

dkcfan

Banned
Jan 21, 2020
That's not really the point. Nintendo is trying to push out a Zelda game each year. It'll happen regardless to whether MK9 comes out this year or not.

I hope not. Every year a Zelda is very bad for the serie. You saw it in the past by ubisoft that's bring every year an ac game. People get tired from AC. So every year an Zelda is an very bad idea. And bad for the serie.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
I hope not. Every year a Zelda is very bad for the serie. You saw it in the past by ubisoft that's bring every year an ac game. People get tired from AC. So every year an Zelda is an very bad idea. And bad for the serie.

This is a terrible, terrible take. Mario has multiple games per year and nobody complains, but one Zelda game a year is a bad idea?

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
Yeah, shure. If it is a port, i can do as well with a yearh without a zelda. I was just ranting because of all the ports/remakes/spinoffs.

Every 4-5 years is a but frustrating, and spinoffs or ports are no new zelda games. 2013, 2017. Every 2-3 years for a new experience would be cool. Links awakening is not new. It looks new, but the dungeons, world, characters, story items, all the same.

Im a fan of remakes, when they are in the style of RE2R, Where they take an idea of the past, and have a new look to it.

Sry, i was ranting again. Im kinda getting Tired of this last decade because it relies so heavy on ports and remakes, and people kinda celebrate them as if they are new releases. I mean, with W101 i kinda get it, since it was bound to a platform that sold misserable.

Hach. Ok, i needed to vent a little bit. So whens The golden Sun remake coming? =O

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Unless its skyward sword, just a port would be equivalent to no zelda this year to me

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Guessing emily's previous post means an RPG will release before the end of June.
I'll go with Xeno DE.
TMS in January
Trials in April (I don't consider this apart of "nintendo's" lineup personally, but emily has mentioned it several times in the RPG bucket)
Xenoblade before 7/1

I personally don't see PM or Bravely (or twewy2 if that ends up being real) coming out before 7/1.

There could maybe be a smaller rpg or a New Port announced and released before 7/1. Feasibly an old Tales, Ni No Kuni 2, WRPGs, etc etc
To fulfull the with the rumor that there will be a lot of RPGs before H2.

edit:Outer Worlds is coming in March

Last edited:

dkcfan

Banned
Jan 21, 2020
But it was an rumour and not a official statement from Nintendo that they want an yearly Zelda. But we will see. But when Breath of the wild 2 is coming 2021 than i hope no Zelda this year . The old 3d Zelda i have already played. And a remake of a 2d Zelda we have it last year.

antonio

Jan 12, 2018
This is a terrible, terrible take. Mario has multiple games per year and nobody complains, but one Zelda game a year is a bad idea?
I complain about Mario, too much Mario to actually want to play it. I used to want more Yoshi games, but lately I am fed up with Yoshi, too. Now I only want Donkey Kong who didn't get his game for a long time. It has been SIX years.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
It was bad for Assasin's Creed because they were all main core games, and all had the same gameplay. And were all massive open worlds that started to feel like busywork over the constant yearly releases.

Zelda is a very different beast. You have 2D Zeldas like LA/LBW that feel very different from 3D Zeldas. You have ports of older games, like WWHD, which would feel different as well, plus ports don't really add to fatigue like new games do (for the most part). There are also VERY different spinoff games like Hyrule Warriors, etc., even stuff like Cadence of Hyrule last year.

A yearly Zelda makes perfect sense when we're only getting a main, core entry every 4-5 years.

dkcfan

Banned
Jan 21, 2020
It was bad for Assasin's Creed because they were all main core games, and all had the same gameplay. And were all massive open worlds that started to feel like busywork over the constant yearly releases.

Zelda is a very different beast. You have 2D Zeldas like LA/LBW that feel very different from 3D Zeldas. You have ports of older games, like WWHD, which would feel different as well, plus ports don't really add to fatigue like new games do (for the most part). There are also VERY different spinoff games like Hyrule Warriors, etc., even stuff like Cadence of Hyrule last year.

A yearly Zelda makes perfect sense when we're only getting a main, core entry every 4-5 years.

Yes but whe have a 2d Zelda last year. next year we getting an 3d Zelda. And the remasters we have it on the Wii u. Maybe Skyward Sword remaster.

Kattbuss

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I for one would love a port of an old Zelda. It's been a while since I played them and I never had a Wii U. Botw 2 this year would be fantastic though!

Status
Not open for further replies.