• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fossi8

One Winged Slayer
Apr 22, 2018
Guys been off for the last 4-5 days, looking at the thread seems Sabi hinted at two Nintendo Directs next week and week of 20th am I right? Did anybody back what Sabi said?

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
They should let original WiiU owners get the games for at least half the price. After all, they were the ones that supported the platform when it was all a nightmare.

But oh well.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If they add one more world with Odyssey levels it's a day 1 purchase for 3D World. Add Pauline as a playable character too

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We'll get free updates for sure since this is the first AC where they can really push stuff to players without them having to manually download an update or go to a store to download a file. They will probably send out limited time items/sets and other stuff like that and have events in the vein of Splatoon's Splatfest with a certain theme and themed rewards for people who participate. Maybe something like a global bug catching contest or whatever.

I'm curious of we'll start seeing paid DLC though. To be fair; Animal Crossing is probably the most logical game to create paid DLC for (we've already had exclusive sets and villagers with Amiibo cards). They can have a never ending supply of furniture, sets, clothes, house decorations like different roofs/mailboxes etc and other shit and sell 'em in $5/$10 packs kinda like Stuff Packs in The Sims 4. I'm sure we'll get enough stuff in the game itself, but I wouldn't be surprised if they'd start selling packs like that for people who want it.

I would probably be fine with sending $10/$20 annually for more Animal Crossing stuff

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
That's fine. He posted the documents on twitter lol. Takahashi is working on a new Xenoblade. Monolith Soft has 2 development teams- Production 1 does Xenoblade and Production 2 works on Zelda
Can you give the link to that please.

Also where did you see they have "2 dev team" ?
Are you talking about Tokyo only ?

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
maybe they should add some completely new unique shit

like an oc or something
I mean we got Peachette so.... this isn't too far fetched lol

Honestly what I'm thinking is new modes/mini games using 3D World's multiplayer over stuff like new worlds and characters. Think the star collecting WiFi games in 64DS/NSMB

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious of we'll start seeing paid DLC though. To be fair; Animal Crossing is probably the most logical game to create paid DLC for (we've already had exclusive sets and villagers with Amiibo cards). They can have a never ending supply of furniture, sets, clothes, house decorations like different roofs/mailboxes etc and other shit and sell 'em in $5/$10 packs kinda like Stuff Packs in The Sims 4. I'm sure we'll get enough stuff in the game itself, but I wouldn't be surprised if they'd start selling packs like that for people who want it.

They'll never add paid furniture or clothes in Animal Crossing. The whole deal of the series is interacting with other players, including trading with them. You can't trade stuff if somebody paid real money for it.

But I think a Pokémon-like situation could happen. Expansion pack could bring new areas in the game, like islands reachable with Kapp'n's boat, and you can buy new furniture there. People who didn't get the expansion pack may still acquire furniture from those who did, but they'd be unobtainable otherwise.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
I'm happy we didn't get any Odyssey DLC and instead they directly work on whatever next game.

Much much more exciting.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I would probably be fine with sending $10/$20 annually for more Animal Crossing stuff
Exactly. Give me a winter themed Nintendo pack with all kinds of wacky knitted sweaters and themed furniture. I'd gladly pay for crossover stuff like the Sanrio amiibo cards/sets. The possibilities are endless and Nintendo would be out of their minds if they didn't monetize AC like this.

They'll never add paid furniture or clothes in Animal Crossing. The whole deal of the series is interacting with other players, including trading with them. You can't trade stuff if somebody paid real money for it.

But I think a Pokémon-like situation could happen. Expansion pack could bring new areas in the game, like islands reachable with Kapp'n's boat, and you can buy new furniture there. People who didn't get the expansion pack may still acquire furniture from those who did, but they'd be unobtainable otherwise.
Hmm, didn't think of that. You're right.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I mean we got Peachette so.... this isn't too far fetched lol

Honestly what I'm thinking is new modes/mini games using 3D World's multiplayer over stuff like new worlds and characters. Think the star collecting WiFi games in 64DS/NSMB
oooh that'd be fun. I'd like 3D World to feel like a very content-rich package on Switch

incidentally I've changed my opinion about a poll for when we'll hit 20k, it'd be too esoteric and banal to be fun

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
oooh that'd be fun. I'd like 3D World to feel like a very content-rich package on Switch

incidentally I've changed my opinion about a poll for when we'll hit 20k, it'd be too esoteric and banal to be fun
Yeah i figured it's gonna be tomorrow anyway lol, just sent in a request for a new poll we can hopefully have some fun with as it's been a debated topic but we can see where people stand

superbright

Feb 11, 2019
United Kingdom
I never played 3D world, I hope I enjoy it. I find Mario Odyssey.... overrated... not bad, just not as good as the other 3D games so I hope 3D world can pick up the slack for 3D Mario on switch for me.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
glad to see mario kart 9 at 0 votes where it feckin belongs

I mean, 3D World and Paper Mario have been rumored for months now. One is a Wii U port (most Wii U games get ported) and the other is a series that hasn't skipped a home console generation in its life. Mario Kart might still come, but it's nowhere near as likely as the other two.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I was really surprised that Super Mario Party sold like 9 million copies. Even though it's a fun game, the general consensus is that it's lacking content. Besides that it's a game that most only play like once a month if they have a group of friends over. It's still selling well, so I don't see the need for Nintendo to release a sequel just yet.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I was really surprised that Super Mario Party sold like 9 million copies. Even though it's a fun game, the general consensus is that it's lacking content. Besides that it's a game that most only play like once a month if they have a group of friends over. It's still selling well, so I don't see the need for Nintendo to release a sequel just yet.
I think most people don't care about that sort of thing (although I absolutely agree).

Even if it's light on content, it's proven very fun with groups, so I certainly don't regret the purchase. It's my first Mario Party too

chase beck

Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Alright so about that stuff... my calc test will cover sections 2.2 to 2.5 with a little 2.7

edit: Did not mean to get peoples hopes up whoops

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to pick Paper Mario, 3D World and Mario Party 2 but since only two choices are allowed, I'll go with 3D World and Party.

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
One thing 3D World desperately needs is a speedrunning mode like every 2D platformer does, just to ramp the difficulty a bit more because the game is super easy with its wide level design.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
I like Mario Party a lot, though I would probably wait to see if the next $60 entry has more content, because I'm not sure I would be willing to drop that much on another with similar amount.

However, if you're looking for something to keep your kids entertained... I get it.

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
Also, wow @ how quickly this thread is moving. When I checked it previously, which was last night, it was at page 345 haha

Status
Not open for further replies.