• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
Like Isaid... I think our King Zell, already predicted the first General Direct in 2020 1Year ahead, with his famous quote

13 is our lucky number and i'm out

You just see...
While we are at it, post you dream Nintendo Direct... but not in a realistic way.. ya know?

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There's no Direct any more because Sony has exclusive marketing rights to all of Nintendo's output.

State of Play is gonna be lit.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Here's a question. Everybody is talking about how much 3D World will sell, how well Wonderful 101 will sell, and wondering if Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition will outsell the second game. But how much will Pikmin 3 Deluxe sell?

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a question. Everybody is talking about how much 3D World will sell, how well Wonderful 101 will sell, and wondering if Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition will outsell the second game. But how much will Pikmin 3 Deluxe sell?
Really especially depends on how hard Nintendo pushes that one I think. Not too many super dedicated cult classic fans like TW101 and XC, but also more general public friendly than either of those. Definitely likely to go 1m+ though I think

JJConrad

Nov 3, 2017
Some where around Captian Toad's numbers... which is what their original releases also sold.

But seriously

We don't believe that MK 9 will release during the Switch's lifespan, right?
The thirst for a new Mario Kart is real. The excuses for why it won't happen are stupid.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Tropical Freeze numbers
Really especially depends on how hard Nintendo pushes that one I think. Not too many super dedicated cult classic fans like TW101 and XC, but also more general public friendly than either of those. Definitely likely to go 1m+ though I think

It's not on the list of best-selling Wii U games, but I found this on the Wikipedia entry:

" In Japan, Pikmin 3 was the best selling game during its launch week, selling around 93,000 copies in two days and helping to move 22,200 Wii U systems. In the UK, the game debuted at number 2 in the all-formats chart, behind the retail version of Minecraft for Xbox 360. In the US, the game was the best selling game on its debut week, and according to the NPD Group, it sold 115,000 units in its first month, entering the all-formats chart at number 10. According to a later report, the game has sold around 210,000 units in the US as of December 31, 2013."

Doesn't seem like it did half bad at first, but didn't do well in the long run. Hopefully it's not the same here.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
It's not on the list of best-selling Wii U games, but I found this on the Wikipedia entry:

" In Japan, Pikmin 3 was the best selling game during its launch week, selling around 93,000 copies in two days and helping to move 22,200 Wii U systems. In the UK, the game debuted at number 2 in the all-formats chart, behind the retail version of Minecraft for Xbox 360. In the US, the game was the best selling game on its debut week, and according to the NPD Group, it sold 115,000 units in its first month, entering the all-formats chart at number 10. According to a later report, the game has sold around 210,000 units in the US as of December 31, 2013."

Doesn't seem like it did half bad at first, but didn't do well in the long run. Hopefully it's not the same here.
It reached 1 million on the Wii U; not bad at all for the tiny install base.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pikmin sells decently enough, but I'd love it if the franchise became one of Nintendo's megasellers

jimmer kripper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Most people who need a Mario Kart to get them to buy a Switch have already done so, or will do so when enough games they need to sway them arrive. A new Mario Kart won't have nearly the same effect on hardware as the old one did. And I'm not convinced MK8D had an enormous effect on hardware to begin with.

Mario Kart is an evergreen, it sells continuously when new customers buy consoles. It's less of a system seller in that regard, and more of a complement to a system seller (like BotW).
For some people a port is not enough. And if MK isn't a system seller then there's no harm in releasing the new one now instead of waiting for new hardware, if MK is what they've been working on. Sure you'll get less MK8D sales, but 9 will sell 25 mil+, 8D ain't got that much left in the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.