• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I know it feels light, but we're still getting Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and Animal Crossing in the first 3 months (not to mention a possible Brain Training drop).

That's a possible 4 titles from Nintendo/The Pokemon Company which I believe is still better than both 2018 and 2019.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
maybe we'll get a mini-direct shadow drop

and they're probably waiting until after TMS launches

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if this don't imply direct soon I don't know what does

This is why a Mini Direct could work again. We talk about ports of 3D World and Pikmin. Then we see all these ports of third party games. They could all fit in a Mini Direct, especially with it seemingly Nintendo won't have any big new games until maybe June or July the earliest. But Animal Crossing throws a wrench into that because it would be in a general direct unless they do a Mini Direct this month, AC direct next month and General Direct in March.

Deleted member 49166

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
This poll is weakening us. Where once all our energy was focusing on willing the direct in existence, we now accept it to arrive later. That's why we lost some of the otters 🦦

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
I know it feels light, but we're still getting Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and Animal Crossing in the first 3 months (not to mention a possible Brain Training drop).

That's a possible 4 titles from Nintendo/The Pokemon Company which I believe is still better than both 2018 and 2019.
RPG port, reimagining of 2006 game and animal crossing - which isn't for everyone. Brain training is already out in Europe and expensive for what it is.

It's fine but it's not a great start imo. There isn't enough variety, genuinely new titles or high enough frequency in Nintendo's output imo. Their output on Wii U was pretty good but I'm tiring of the cheap tricks and ports on Switch. I actually miss the Wii U and 3DS days in some respects.

babycakin

Nov 2, 2019
With a Pokemon Direct and now a Smash Direct this month, it's so hard to stay Team January. But so much shit is slowly leaking, I think at least a Nintendo Mini Direct could still work.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have to think the latest they could go is earlyish February. They likely have a May/June title to reveal before E3, along with details on Animal Crossing that they're probably holding back on.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
I could definitely see a 20 minute Mini-Direct with Pikmin 3 starting the Direct and 3D World ending it, with Metro Redux, BioShock, Saints Row IV, Outer Worlds, and a few other things in the middle. Maybe Mario Maker DLC too.

But don't expect a Direct until March if that happens.

May 10, 2019
January Direct was cancelled because Pizza Club neglected to respect the greatest of all pizzas. And Reggie's greatest food creation.

IOkGMmcjLMOBswf-800x450-noPad.jpg

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I joined team February after today's announcement, early so they can announce what they have beyond March, we don't have anything first party with a set date after Animal Crossing.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
We're not getting a mini unless Animal Crossing gets its own Direct. What the fuck are they waiting for?

Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm starting to believe first half of 2020 will be weak and/or there's somekind of development struggling to fill it properly and Nintendo is doing the best they can to avoid this to be known. Otherwise, they wouldn't be so secretive about it.

I hope I'm wrong. I really do.

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Saying a January mini direct implies the next thing is an April direct which means that they're ok with every single H2 release having a 7 month or less reveal to release window

When Emily says there are a lot of new releases in H2, it feels weird that they'd go with the 2018 strategy instead of the 2019 one.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Saying a January mini direct implies the next thing is an April direct that they're ok with every single H2 release having a 6 month or less reveal to release window
It would be a March direct like 2018 was, but I still stick with we will get a big general direct and not a mini direct because 2018 was a weaker year. Nintendo didn't have much to announce in the March direct. This year is supposed to be great so every extra month counts

I just don't think we should 100% rule out a Mini direct because it is Nintendo in the end lol

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
Is it me or is this starting to feel like another time where people were thinking a Nintendo Direct was coming and a bunch of third-party titles were getting rated for Switch and started appearing in a bunch of random retailer websites? This isn't the first time, right?

Also, I'll die on Team January, you cowards.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Bioshock on Switch could also mean Borderlands on Switch too. Take Two had been pretty cautious on Switch so far, hasn't released any remasters other than LA Noire by Rockstar. If they start doing so with Bioshock, I suppose Borderlands Handsome collection shouldn't be far away. I mean, Randy is already on board.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Just saw this brought up on Reddit: Since the BioShock Collection is (sorta) officially coming to the Switch, the chances for Borderlands Handsome Collection actually happening are a lot more hopeful now.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
I wonder if Bioshock on Switch could also mean Borderlands on Switch too. Take Two had been pretty cautious on Switch so far, hasn't released any remasters other than LA Noire by Rockstar. If they start doing so with Bioshock, I suppose Borderlands Handsome collection shouldn't be far away. I mean, Randy is already on board.

DAMMIT YOU BEAT ME BY TEN SECONDS.

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
Fire Emblem direct pls

- Rundown on the 3H Season Pass final wave
- Tellius remakes, first look at Path of Radiance
- Edelgard/Claude/Dimitri/Byleth announced for Smash, they play just like Pokémon Trainer with Byleth being the trainer on the background and having the power to switch out the lords.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Is it me or is this starting to feel like another time where people were thinking a Nintendo Direct was coming and a bunch of third-party titles were getting rated for Switch and started appearing in a bunch of random retailer websites? This isn't the first time, right?

Also, I'll die on Team January, you cowards.

Yeah...IT was January 2018.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
- Rundown on the 3H Season Pass final wave
- Tellius remakes, first look at Path of Radiance
- Edelgard/Claude/Dimitri/Byleth announced for Smash, they play just like Pokémon Trainer with Byleth being the trainer on the background and having the power to switch out the lords.

Switching out lords inflicts damage to yourself as a result of internal conflict.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd absolutely love having Borderlands on the go. In fact, I just want more loot centric games in general for the Switch.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

Hey HAL, give me my brand new Pokémon Ranger game, you cowards. I missed those series sooo much.

Yep, we're getting Borderlands Handsome Collection, BioShock Collection, GTAV, and a single Mass Effect game.

Not Metroid Prime Trilogy though. That'll never happen.

You forgot Tak and the Power of Juju trilogy. I want my HD remasters (jokes aside, they were actually above average quality 3D platformers. Maybe THQ Nordic revive them like they did with Sphinx?)

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I guess they could randomly do a mini this month, but besides that it just doesn't really make much sense to do a general Direct separately from the FP5 reveal.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
It's over. 2020 is a write off, made up almost entirely of Wii U ports, ports of 360/PS3 generation games (full priced), a handful of multiplatform indies, and a Smash character. Switch is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.