• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Ok.

That's it. I'll be changing teams. Absolutely no reason to stay with my original vote at this point. Frankly it should have been clear from the get go.

So #TeamJanuary it is.

Last edited:

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
You all make Team February cry.
giphy.gif

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
#TeamI'veAvoidedCommitmentAllMyLifeSoWhyStartNowIt'sNotAsIfI'llWinAnythingOfValueJustInternetPointsReallyAndWhatCanYouEvenSpendThemOnExactlyNothingThat'sWhat

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Luckily for me I have plenty (probably too much) on the back log. So an "empty" (ignoring the massive 3rd parties like Doom) first half is fine for me.
Funny thing is that this is also true for me AND even with only the games we know of so far, I'd have enough to play this year already.
TMS, maybe Mystery Dungeon, Trials of Mana, XenoblaDE, Bravely Default 2 and whatever I'm forgetting about right now. Plus backlog titles like Torna, Ni No Kuni, Octopath, ... Though I'd need the release dates for stuff like XenoblaDE or BD2.

It's not as if I needed a direct with new games.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT4| OT5 delay: Nintendo taps Retro Studios to restart project

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
With a fairly big Pokemon direct AND a Smash DLC presentation back-to-back?

There's no way on earth that there's going to be a direct in January. February at the earliest.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
It would be quite ironic if Nintendo moved out Poke and Smash from the direct just so they could make it a ... Mini direct.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Pokémon DLC announcement wouldn't have happened in the Direct and Smash would have got two minutes with a presentation happening right after. Next Direct will probably have the 6th fighter announced anyway.

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
I mean Nintendo could do another Jan. 23 Direct like they did in 2013. Sure it would break a 5 year "pattern", but they broke the "Pokemon Direct > General Direct within a week later" combo. Latter half of January is just as likely as early February in my opinion.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
if you're gonna break the "Directs are always in the first half of the month" pattern, January's a good month to do it

rip that band-aid right off

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean Nintendo could do another Jan. 23 Direct like they did in 2013. Sure it would break a 5 year "pattern", but they broke the "Pokemon Direct > General Direct within a week later" combo. Latter half of January is just as likely as early February in my opinion.
I mean, they need to start talking about their big Holiday title soon.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
So, any speculation on why the Direct isn't this month?

My paranoid side is telling "lack of games to fill a Direct", but might just be anything else!

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
So, any speculation on why the Direct isn't this month?

My paranoid side is telling "lack of games to fill a Direct", but might just be anything else!

We are only halfway through the month, there's no reason to think it won't be.

The "first half of the month" thing is irrelevant, we haven't had a Pokemon Direct then a smash Direct within a week before either (correct me if I'm wrong )

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
After two different Directs announced I lost all my hope for this month lol

That's fair but don't Smash Directs usually come shortly before a general one, and Pokemon ones do too?

I can't remember both of them happening before a Direct like it would be if one comes this month still but that doesn't feel like a huge break from precedent

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
This thread was the place to be. What happened to us?
Some people took the lack of a Direct as proof that Switch has far worse first party support than Wii U, that Nintendo aren't planning any big or new releases, and that we should all despair because a Direct might happen a few weeks later than we thought it would.

Personally, I for one welcome our new Nintendoomed Overlords.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
what's this about? could soliani's next game skip switch? the word "AAA" scares me when it comes to the chances of games being released on switch.
Well, AAA third party games usually aren't what I connect with the Switch as a platform. That's sad news nonetheless. M+R was simply a good game and not getting another one from the same team is certainly a loss.

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
It's been two years and a half since Mario+Rabbids was released. It's not like they haven't been doing anything since then. Knowing Ubisoft, they probably work at multiple games within the same studio. The fact that they're looking for some people for a AAA project now does not mean they haven't been working on another game with Nintendo. We'll have to wait and see what they'll announce when the time is ready to be fully sure.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
Well, AAA third party games usually aren't what I connect with the Switch as a platform. That's sad news nonetheless. M+R was simply a good game and not getting another one from the same team is certainly a loss.
Wait, a new M+R is very likely nonetheless.
Their "prestigious" AAA project could be an Ubisoft IP or something related to Nintendo (maybe M+R itself? It's not a prestigious IP, but Mario itself surely is).

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's weird to think that I might not buy a single retail game until April (undecided on Animal Crossing and Mystery Dungeon).

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Wait, a new M+R is very likely nonetheless.
Their "prestigious" AAA project could be an Ubisoft IP or something related to Nintendo (maybe M+R itself? It's not a prestigious IP, but Mario itself surely is).
Well, you're not wrong with the latter half. But how is a M+R sequel very likely? Haven't seen anything indicating it's coming, maybe aside from the good sales numbers, which don't necessitate a sequel, though.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
I warned you all that you'll have to wait till at least Jan 21st for a Direct since Bamco needs to reveal their new iM@S game in their own stream on Jan 20th first before it can be shown in a Direct. You let gut feelings and coincidences cloud your judgements and ignored the obvious facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.