• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How much does the embargo have to lineup with an Animal Crossing Direct? Is the embargo for when previews of Animal Crossing will go up or something? We should get an AC portion in the General Direct, but maybe the AC Direct doesn't have to be February 20th and instead the 27th.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
tfw when youre checkin the direct thread on your phone on a stairmaster because you dont wanna miss the end

Deleted member 53506

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
When he talked about two directs the first time, he talked about AC on the 20th. Thread moved fast, so I guess it was after a poster talked about the embargo then?
No, he only said the embargo might line up with an Animal Crossing Direct. so yes, it was after he found out about the embargo through that other poster.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How much does the embargo have to lineup with an Animal Crossing Direct? Is the embargo for when previews of Animal Crossing will go up or something? We should get an AC portion in the General Direct, but maybe the AC Direct doesn't have to be February 20th and instead the 27th.

It sounded like assets from what would be a presskit communicated after a big news, alongside a PR. Always thought it was weird that they'd drop all that suddenly.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
I picked up that new Overcharge game (the toy soldier FPS/Tower Defense game). Haven't played much yet & none online but I enjoyed what I've played. Graphics are good, frames are smooth, has plenty of charm, & gyro aiming. Only $20. Definitely deserves some attention.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Feb 27 is the first day of PAX East. Timing would favor any such Direct taking place prior to PAX.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It sounded like assets from what would be a presskit communicated after a big news, alongside a PR. Always thought it was weird that they'd drop all that suddenly.

Interesting.
Feb 27 is the first day of PAX East. Timing would favor any such Direct taking place prior to PAX.

Ah ok I didn't know that. Definitely favors the AC Direct for February 20 then. Thanks.

I promise to sh*tpost less, or at least to try to make it funny to anyone other than myself when I do

I wanted you to shitpost more :(

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Part of me is pretty happy about the lack of any of the blatantly jingoistic pro-military shooters on Switch. I just wish the rest of the genre was better represented.

That's why I'm looking forward to seeing Yabuki's FPS that totally exists and isn't just a figment of my imagination.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Sabi did have info on one of the Indie World presentation last year (probably spreads around a lot more because of all the indie partners involved). Wouldn't be surprised if they did know about it.

The two directs this month part is probably just a piggyback though.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
So if Monster Hunter Switch was a thing, would it be announced at the direct or are there other avenues where Capcom could potentially announce it?

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Sabi may actually have received info about an incoming indie showcase, but you don't need inside info to know one is coming up in a month or so. Three times is a pattern. Nintendo has always had an indie presentation in March to coincide with GDC since the Switch launched.

Okay February 28 in 2017 so only two times in March

But this year will make it a pattern

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Sabi may actually have received info about an incoming indie showcase, but you don't need inside info to know one is coming up in a month or so. Three times is a pattern. Nintendo has always had an indie presentation in March to coincide with GDC since the Switch launched.
But they just did one like a month ago. That breaks the pattern. It was always GDC (or last week of Feb when Switch was launching), then Gamescon for NoE Indie Highlights, then Pax West

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
But they just did one like a month ago. That breaks the pattern. It was always GDC (or last week of Feb when Switch was launching), then Gamescon for NoE Indie Highlights, then Pax West
Last year Nintendo started doing way more indie showcases, which is great

But they still had one for GDC in March and PAX something (East?) in August

I feel like the conferences/conventions where Nintendo helps show off indie games will always have a coinciding livestream

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
In a best case scenario we get a traditional Paper Mario, Metroid V, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC, Breath of the Wild 2, a Splatoon Spin-Off, 3D World with tons of new content, and a major new IP, in addition to other stuff I'm not really interested in. In a worst case scenario we get another Color-Splash-like Paper Mario, a Metroid remake, 3D World as the holiday game, a couple of new smaller IP's, Windwaker HD, and Nintendogs.

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Sabi did have info on one of the Indie World presentation last year (probably spreads around a lot more because of all the indie partners involved). Wouldn't be surprised if they did know about it.

The two directs this month part is probably just a piggyback though.
To be fair to Sabi, they admitted that the 2 Directs thing is from Zipposounds like they are pretty confident in whatever March's is though.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Been kinda replaying Xenoblade Chronicles 2, never played the previous ones, and:

- REALLY hype for XC1
- Would hope for XCX
- The art design, the world, its so gorgeous! Would pay triple the price for a XC Online

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Been kinda replaying Xenoblade Chronicles 2, never played the previous ones, and:

- REALLY hype for XC1
- Would hope for XCX
- The art design, the world, its so gorgeous! Would pay triple the price for a XC Online
XC1 is a better game. The story, combat, graphics, strategy elements and music are better than 2 even though I liked 2 a lot. I'm pretty hyped for XC1 too.

superbright

Feb 11, 2019
United Kingdom
I predict tomorrow morning, the sun is going to rise in the east, only to set in the west tomorrow evening.
giphy.gif

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
XC1 is a better game. The story, combat, graphics, strategy elements and music are better than 2 even though I liked 2 a lot. I'm pretty hyped for XC1 too.

The combat was really the lowpoint of XC2,but the rest was so good that it didn't even matter

I can't really imagine XC1 being better, but if it is...!

Status
Not open for further replies.