• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Well we know there will be many ports this first half so a mini direct makes sense. Here is what I think will be present in a mini direct:

Ports:
3D World
Pikmin 3
Xenoblade

New First Party:
Paper Mario
2d Metroid or Prime Trilogy

3rd Party
World ends with you 2
Doom Eternal (50 percent on this one)
Trials of Mana (demo shadow drop)
Bioshock

That would be enough for Nintendo. Then a week from now we get a AC direct.

After that a huge E3 direct with BOTW2, Bayonetta 3, SMTV, Fighter pass 2, etc

If the mini direct happens those are my predictions up to E3 basically, What do you all think? Curious to see your responses.
A mini isn't happening at least until march, but the first party would be mario golf.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A mini isn't happening at least until march, but the first party would be mario golf.
Yeah the new first party announcement for a mini direct (not saying there will be one) would be like a new Mario Golf, maybe 2D Kirby. It wouldn't be PM or Metroid. Those would be saved for the big direct to start and end. Those are the big guns

Adam_kun

Jan 23, 2020
Yes I actually expect a general direct to happen and not a mini. This is just what I think Nintendo would show if a mini did happen. Also yes mario golf makes sense too.
I think at this time Nintendo really need a General Direct and even though a mini can cover a descent amount I believe the general Direct is a better option in order to show everyone that they have many games outside of ports that most hardcore fans already played to death.

fossi8

One Winged Slayer
Apr 22, 2018
I think I lost track at some point but why are we talking about a Mini Direct? I

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Yes I actually expect a general direct to happen and not a mini. This is just what I think Nintendo would show if a mini did happen. Also yes mario golf makes sense too.
I think at this time Nintendo really need a General Direct and even though a mini can cover a descent amount I believe the general Direct is a better option in order to show everyone that they have many games outside of ports that most hardcore fans already played to death.
A mini just wouldn't do a lot overall at this point. The better time would have beeb january, or at least the first two weeks of this month.

Adam_kun

Jan 23, 2020
Yeah the new first party announcement for a mini direct (not saying there will be one) would be like a new Mario Golf, maybe 2D Kirby. It wouldn't be PM or Metroid. Those would be saved for the big direct to start and end. Those are the big guns
Yes I understand what you mean but what is to say there can't be a big announcment in a mini. A mini in my eyes is just a short General Direct. But who knows we only have one mini direct to compare so I can see why this assuption would be made. Plus a big announcement in a mini would help people wait a little longer and be more satisfied imo

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
The new poll is depressing. I really hope that two direct prediction thing is true this month.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
What if they just start shadowdropping General Directs from now on? Since we clearly all know when to expect them, they no longer have to actually announce them!

Adam_kun

Jan 23, 2020
A mini just wouldn't do a lot overall at this point. The better time would have beeb january, or at least the first two weeks of this month.
Unless the mini doesn't have a big announcement outside of ports then yes. I think the best time would of been to have a direct today but Nintendo operates however it wants. I just see it that Nintendo are not sure of any release dates (can you imagine them revealing games with just 2020 or TBA)
I really hope we get a general direct. March would be a little too late imo but who knows with Nintendo

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Unless the mini doesn't have a big announcement outside of ports then yes. I think the best time would of been to have a direct today but Nintendo operates however it wants. I just see it that Nintendo are not sure of any release dates (can you imagine them revealing games with just 2020 or TBA)
I really hope we get a general direct. March would be a little too late imo but who knows with Nintendo
I mean they revealed link's awakening with just 2019. Lm3 originally just 2019, and ac, which wad delayed. No date for botw2. Etc.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
Perhaps not Direct(ly) related but Stadia just announced that the Panzer Dragoon remake is coming to the platform soon so I imagine it is close for the Switch release as well.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
There is simple solution to all this madness, don't expect anything and let get you surprised... that's what I will do de coming days...

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I dont believe you former team Februaryerier

Dang assuming Zippo is wrong/fake then PM possibly not being good again is a bigger blow than any direct
Paper mario balloon burst incoming. The mechanic of the game is in battles, you use gyro to shake around the joycons to blow up balloons and then you throw then at enemies and they pop.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
You know what would be awesome? Announcing a Direct with global achivements so we could unlock the next Direct faster.

Things like :

- Catch a number of Pokemon in Sword/Shield
- Battle a specific number of times on Smash Bros, Splatoon 2, ARMS
- etc.

People would go crazy about it. :p

Nexmark

Oct 14, 2019
You know what would be awesome? Announcing a Direct with global achivements so we could unlock the next Direct faster.

Things like :

- Catch a number of Pokemon in Sword/Shield
- Battle a specific number of times on Smash Bros, Splatoon 2, ARMS
- etc.

People would go crazy about it. :p

Oh god

Adam_kun

Jan 23, 2020
I mean they revealed link's awakening with just 2019. Lm3 originally just 2019, and ac, which wad delayed. No date for botw2. Etc.
True however didn't we know about many games releasing in summer like Mario maker, FE, Astral Chain. The games with just 2019 were for the latter half of the year and AC could have released a little earlier but Nintendo wanted a huge game early this year. This situation is different we need more games with concrete release dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.